Old 09-20-2005, 10:13 AM   #16  

It depends on how I'm feeling. Some days I have to force myself to eat breakfast since I've never been a big breakfast eater. So I'll have a piece of cheese & some V8. On days that I'm hungry for breakfast, a couple of slices of bacon & a boiled egg.

For lunch, I have to keep the variety going so I don't get bored, unlike my husband, who likes to eat the same thing every day. So I'll have a choice of 2 or 3 things. This week, it's roast beef sandwiches & turkey pitas. I also usually have a salad & some fruit mid afternoon.
TakinBabySteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:27 AM   #17  
Downsizing Dee!

For me breakfast is the same everyday (I just started eating it a couple of months ago and I haven't ventured into a full menu plan yet) is always a banana, yogurt and a coffee.

For lunch it could be anything.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 11:27 AM   #18  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Weekday breakfasts, which I take to work, are usually:

a handful of nuts before my commute

a little cup of cottage cheese or yogurt or a lowfat string cheese (for protein)
and a piece of fruit

weekend breakfasts are usually:

kashi go lean
or buttered toast
or eggs

Lunches during the week I buy at the cafeteria. They have a cold sandwich station, a grill, a hot bar, a soup and salad bar, a pizza bar, and most days a station where you can get a chicken or beef caesar salad made special for you. I usually start at the hot bar each day, and try to choose lean meat (turkey or fish) and two or three veggies, if they have them. when all they have is "wings day", I go for soup, or a grilled cheese and mushroom sandwich, or if nothing else appeals, a slice of veggie pizza. If they have good soup, I'll get a container of that and take it back to my desk. Often it's just what I need about an hour or so after lunch.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 12:18 PM   #19  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

I tend to alternate between two breakfasts:
  • 1 cup Nature's Path Optimum Slim cereal with 1 oz raisins and ½ cup 0% milk
  • Shake made with banana (and sometimes other fruit), ½ cup plain yogurt, ¼ cup 0% milk, crushed ice, & vanilla extract

Lunch has usually been something like 2 or 3 oz lean baked ham with Phili Light on whole-grain bread, or 3 sushi maki rolls. I try to have a good selection of salad/raw veggies with whatever I choose. I'll probably start making big pots of lentil and veggie soup now that the weather's turning colder, so that'll be on the menu quite a bit too.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 05:03 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

For breakfast I either have a bowl of oatmeal with artificial sweetener or make an egg/egg white omelet. I find that both of those meals will last me longer. Then a couple of hours later will have a morning snack of yogurt, fresh fruits or veggies, v-8 juice, small bag of popcorn—something around 100 calories to tide me over until lunch.

Lunches--I'm still a convenience gal and stock up on chunky soups and have a low cal sandwich with it. I'll probably start alternating and adding healthy choice meals until I can find me some simple, quick and easy lunches that aren't going to cost me an arm and a leg to fix.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 05:23 PM   #21  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

I'm a Kashi with frozen blueberries freak, too. Lunches are usually pretty simple around here, maybe a whole-grain tortilla with tuna salad or turkey and cheese. Like Howie said, it just depends on what we've got and what we're in the mood for. He works nights, so the only meal we eat independently is supper.

Those of you who eat steel-cut oats...How do you cook them? I know the directions, but I have a terrible time finding a container which won't let them boil over in the microwave. Do they work better on the stove?
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 02:45 AM   #22  

I have organic porridge (oatmeal) with berries (or peaches or pears) every morning.

For lunch I usually use our work cafeteria, which is cheap and healthy. They have healthy options every day and a salad bar. Sometimes I have salmon and salad, or soup with a bread roll, it varies. I always have lots of veggies.

At home on a weekend our main meal on a Sunday is lunch, and we normally go out for a traditional Sunday roast. For the two of us it's almost cheaper than me making it (meat is very expensive here)
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:18 PM   #23  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I'm having fruity porridge every morning at the moment, and every lunchtime pretty much I have mixed bean chilli with fruit and yoghurt. I tend to get into a food rut because I'm fairly unimaginative, but I like it because it's one less thing I have to think about when I'm shoving everything in my bag in the morning on the way to the gym.

At weekends I mix it up a bit more, but then I don't tend to eat as well at the weekend so it's maybe not the best example
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 02:13 PM   #24  

I HAVE to have my Kashi Go Lean Crunch! I'm completely addicted to it! But if I absolutely have to choose something else, then it's oatmeal with cinnamon and sweetner and a veggie filled egg white omelet. YUMMERS!

Lunch is almost always a huge salad with chicken breast and tons of veggies and and a yogurt.

And, as always, LOTS of coffee!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote