Old 09-24-2005, 10:05 AM   #31  
wip

Height: 5' 10"

Unhappy upset

I am about to vent so please ignore if you want. I am really blue this am. I am up 2 lbs, but I think that is just a symptom. I have had a crazy week. I feel petty b/c I know from following this club that others have all kinds of truly stressful things in their lives, but I guess we all have our own reality. Here are the things weighing on my mind:
- changes in weather. I can't believe the gulf coast is facing down another catastrophe as I write this. What have we done to mother earth and can we fix it??? Prayers to all those affected
-my kids. My 6 yo DD is downright beligerent sometimes and I can't seem to make a difference. I worry about how to correct the behaviour without impacting her self esteem. She will argue with me and then say things like "you just want me to move" then an hour later she says I'm the best mom in the world. I fear I may not be able to parent her positively so that she is a strong, confident, compassionate adult. Little one has an ear infection and DS smashed his thumb in the truck door. Not broken thank goodness. Just little stuff
-money - I make a very good wage but we are mired in debt. We make all our payments and are chipping away at the debt but I am always strategizing how to make do with less
-my health - I am MAD that I let myself gain all the weight I lost years ago. this journey is so tough and I feel helpless ( I know I am not)to improve
-Work pressures - 'nuff said
-exercise - having a really hard time fitting it in with everything else in my life. I like to walk with my MP3 player. My knee has been troubling me off and on over a year now. It is really sore the day after I walk. I finally saw the doctor this week and he suspects I will need a scope to clean up cartilage. Yuck I need to rest it for awhile and take anti-inflammatories
-I am leaving tomorrow on business for 6 days. Not used to travel and am trying to think how I can be healthy when past experience shows I will be tired and just want to hide with room service.
-I feel like a whiner and am not even sure I should post this. I will just to get it off my chest. I think my entire life is a continuous improvement project. Like my user name says "work in progress" Hope I didn't bring anyone down...I have read all your thoughts about lifestyle changes vs. starting over and I absolutely agree in my head. My heart needs to catch up. Thanks for listening. I am usually a positive person and will be "up" soon.
wip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 11:13 AM   #32  
Laura

Awww WIP - I'm sorry! Just chalk it up to a bad day. Each thing in itself may be a "small" problem weighing on you but when you put them all together - ACK! I know how that is. I can relate to several of the issues you posted.

My daughter is 4 and I love her dearly - she is so smart and funny and just makes me laugh everyday. ON THE OTHER HAND - she is such a friggin BRAT a lot of the time. She's very bright - TOO bright! She pushes buttons big time and she says things when she's mad (b/c it's the only way she can lash out at her age). You know - I have bad days where I feel like a horrible mother too and I fear that her college fund (not that we have money to HAVE a college fund ) will be used for therapy in her adulthood. But, you know, when I look at the big picture - I know that she is growing up to be a great person - she's 4, it's her job to annoy me (and her little brother!). Hang in there - just the fact that you are worrying about it shows that you are a good mother who cares about your daughter.

I"m down one pound - FINALLY after maintaining for 2 weeks and moving really slowly for a month or so - I think I was at a plateau and I BROKE through!! I'm so excited that I just STUCK with it!! In that past, I would have given up long ago - but not now, I'm in this for good. YAH! 1 pound! Only 6 pounds to my first goal!
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 02:22 PM   #33  

Oh WIP, honey that sounds so overwhelming. I can imagine why seeing the scale up 2 pounds may have been the straw that broke the camel's back. I can totally relate to a lot of what you wrote as well. My own DD is a wonderfully precocious little button pusher who can make me want to pull my hair out in a snap. Money- constantly a weight on my shoulders. Change in routine due to travel- ugh! Screws everything up and I just can't deal. Mad at yourself for what you've done to your health- Yeppers, got you covered on that one too. My point is, you're not alone, and venting about it is by no means whining! How else can we support you unless we know how you need to be supported? So, you just come here and gripe all you want, and we'll gripe right along with you. And when we're finished, we'll put all of that unpleasantness behind us and get on with bumbling through our hectic, broke, over-worked, and under-appreciated lives. After all, we're all in this thing together. So, to you, and hang in there, this too shall pass.

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 11:00 PM   #34  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello 250's!! I am now 258!! So far I have lost 65 pds!!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 11:11 PM   #35  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Good going. It's always nice to see a new decade.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:02 AM   #36  

That is awesome SUnshine. Love new decades!
irishgreengables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 10:42 AM   #37  

I'm down 2 lbs., which is what I have lost all month *sigh*. It's the right direction, so I'll take it. I keep telling myself that it really doesn't matter how long it takes to get there, as long as I get there!
TakinBabySteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:15 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 275/226/160

Height: 5'1

Default i'm new here

Hello all, my name is Tiffany and I have decided to make a life style change. I was reading your form and was so inspired by your messages... I just thought, i have to be a part of this... finally people who are running into and over coming the same obsticals ive been facing! I am a stay at home mom (I took time away from teaching 12 grade history) I'm 5 foot even and i weight 250 to date. I carry most of my weight around my midsection, and yes i have been asked when i am "due". I know that they say that you should be comfortable with your weight, but this summer it took me hours to find clothing to wear which made me feel "good" about myself. I found myself wearing the same 4 outfits (which coverd up everything and i ended up sweating). I keep saying i'll do anything to lose weight, but somehow eating a wopper or a pice of cake and not exercising is not part of that "anything" those things seem to over ride my desire to lose weight ...well enough about me hope to hear from you all soon .
Tiffrutherf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:08 PM   #39  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Hi Tiffany,

You've found a great place....please post often! You will find lots of support and encouragement here.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 06:51 PM   #40  

Default Hi back, Matt

Thanks so much Matt! I've read up on your progress and your doing so good. What is it that your doing to lose the weight?
Old 09-26-2005, 10:34 PM   #41  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello Tiffany and Welcome!

Hope to see ya around!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:30 PM   #42  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Welcome Tiffany, you'll love it here

Look forward to getting to know you!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 12:08 PM   #43  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffrutherf
Thanks so much Matt! I've read up on your progress and your doing so good. What is it that your doing to lose the weight?
You should know this is my second time making a real effort at weight loss. A couple of years ago I was down around 150 pounds from my heighest weight and I gained back just about all of it. It has been only a few months since I've started to lose weight again.

Basically, I'm not on any plan or anything, just eating healthy and exercising. I'm trying to stay around 2000 - 2500 calories a day right now although I "guestimate" on the calories. With my current weight and exercise, that should produce a steady 1 - 2 pound loss each week. I'm not necessarily trying to loss the weight too quickly, but to stay on goal and be consistent and steady.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 12:48 PM   #44  

Smile let the fun begin

Thank you for welcoming me and way to go Matt, at least you didn’t just give up, you encourage me . Ok so i said i was serious about changing my life... and i am. My husband's cousin is a personal trainer and nutritionist (you guys are thinking why haven’t you used him before, he just became certified 3 months ago) so i have asked him to help me. This is what he told me to do: for the next 3 days i am suppose to eat however i normally eat and journal everything i do 2 hours before, and 1 hour after i eat. After talking to him for 2 hours, he felt that i was a "food addict driven by emotional tendencies" but to confirm this he says he needs more information about why and when i'm eating (hints the journaling) . Woooow we'll see how this goes. I have never done that before….
Old 09-27-2005, 12:51 PM   #45  

Smile

hi sunshine and famograham!! Hope to get to know you all too