Old 09-15-2005, 12:08 AM   #16  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Couldn't read any of those, Mez...they all said they were moved or unavailable!

They look very interesting, though.
I just made it to onederland five pounds ago, and low and behold...we may have something here! It's so weird. I just got out of a plateau that began right when I hit 199. I don't know how to explain how I feel either, exactly. It's almost like the weak person inside me is going..."Come on, you DID it...199 isn't so bad is it?Lets stay here for a while"...
And then there are twinges of all the changes to come, and even though they're wonderful changes and I really do want them...I'm still really scared!
I don't know, it must be some kind of metamorphic psychosis....
So much joy...and also so much soul searching and healing, which can be scary and painful.

This must (or should be!) a documented phenomenon,
Up for a study anyone?

Just wanted to say....add me to the list!
xxoxoxoxo
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:18 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

I'm going to try those links again-

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...81947#continue

http://cms.psychologytoday.com/artic...224-000001.xml

http://www.fortune.com/fortune/quizz...cess_quiz.html

Ok sorry here they are again.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 10:41 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Thank you so much for posting this. (I had planned on responding yesterday but got a massive migraine and was lucky to just concentrate on work.) I haven't checked out your links yet either although I plan on after typing this.

I think we each have one of those numbers that are more mental challenges to us. I've seen many on here hurdle right over their numbers and make it to goal while others (like me) make it to their number only to backslide back down for whatever reason. I think beverly is probably right and it's a fear of failure. My number was 252 (the highest I had ever been at one point while I had always maintained between 220-230 in college). I got down to 250 in March and have pretty much spun out of control ever since, gaining 20 pounds back.

It's like I told myself I could maintain at 250 for a while, get used to living there and then move on. Well I moved on all right but not in the direction I wanted to go. I'm sure that when I get back down to 250 (and I WILL), my next weight hurdle for me to overcome will be 225 (what I maintained in college) and then probably 195 (what I weighed graduating high school) followed by 175 (what I weighed starting my senior year in high school). Those are my numbers as I'm sure all of y'all will have different number hurdles.

It's all in how we handle our hurdles. Do we jump over them and keep on heading to the next one, do we stumble a bit and gain our footing before heading to the next one, do we fall down and stay down for a while before heading to the next one or do we just give up and head home, not worrying about any more hurdles?

I know for me I fell down and stayed down and was well on my way to heading home. It's time for me to regroup, replan my steps to get over that hurdle so I can jump over it with flying colors and head to the next one.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 08:28 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Dawnyal, you hit the nail on the head! It is a hurlle and WE will win! I like the way you look at it!
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 10:42 AM   #20  
Laura

GOOD articles. I thought the first one was the best - great insight and I could really relate to it. 6 years ago, I joined WW and lost 38 pounds - getting down to 198...and then I gained it all back (plus more after having kids) - this explains SO much. I knew I felt that way, but to see it in print, really helps.

The quiz on the last link says I'm "OK" - That's a first!
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote