Old 11-04-2005, 01:47 AM   #76  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Well, as it stands now, a photography crew will be here on Monday, November 14. They're sending a hair & makeup stylist, wardrobe stylist, photographer and his assistant. Un-freaking-believable to every-day people like us. We're to let the wardrobe person know what sizes we wear and style preferences, and they'll shop for clothes. We *might* get to keep some of the clothes if alterations have to be done on them. Otherwise, they return them to the stores after the event.

Still...To have portraits taken in spiffy duds with good lighting and all...WOW.

So, why do I have this fear? I think about how I've been at a plateau lately and just struggling in general. I know I have the power to lose this weight and to keep it off, yet I have this fear of gaining it back and looking like a fool after the story goes to print. Ack!! Just nerves, I guess.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:35 AM   #77  

I think that fear is so understandable and so common. Remember the recent thread about being afraid to get to goal (was that here or in Supprt?)? I think losing weight is a scary proposition. It does change our lives and that can be scary. It also carries with it the weight, if you will, of accountability. And the pain of unsupportive people who will be waiting for us to gain our weight back. Finally, there is the disquieting reality that with weight loss will come life changes that might not feel comfortable. It is very similar to the couple with one alcoholic member who gets sober. Often times, the sobriety leads to divorce because the comfort of consistency is destroyed. Even though we do not enjoy being overweight, it IS comfortable. It is what we know. It is what other people know of us and, unfortunately, in some cases, it is why some people "love" us (the sister-in-law, for example, who is thrilled not to be the only chubby person in the family; the mother who feels loved by her son's lust for her food). To add a public declaration of one's weight loss success adds the extra pressure of fame, no matter how large or small) to the mix. All of this is extra pressure in this journey.

That said, you both seem to be handling it beautifully, with such grace and humor. You are already overcoming so many weight loss obstacles (Howie's back, for one) and you are still succeeding. Even with this plateau (which seems to be en vogue for this group right now, myself included), you have accomplished so much this far. Were you to stop losing now, your story would still be one of success and inspiration. I personally do not believe you will stop, though, because you have such a strong drive, a persistent attitude, a healthy plan, innumerable support, and a spirit that exudes happiness.

Plus you might get to keep the clothes.
irishgreengables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:22 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I think we all fear the same thing but you getting all gussied up with new digs and makeup may just be the push you need to get you off this plateau.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:34 AM   #79  

I think your fear is perfectly natural. I wouldn't worry too much about looking like a fool if you were to gain weight after the article comes out though. First of all, based on your posts and the support you and Howie give each other, I don't think for a second that will happen. But, even if it did, it wouldn't take away from what an accoplishment losing the weight was in the first place. I can't wait to hear how much fun it was getting the star treatment!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:58 PM   #80  
Howie6267's Honey

Thanks, you guys. I was having a rough night last night and all the "what if's" came up. Daylight is such a good remedy.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:51 PM   #81  
One pound at a time...

Howie/Kimberly, enjoy the experience you both deserve it!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 03:14 PM   #82  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Wow, I am SO excited for you!!!!! I've always wanted to do a professional shoot with hair and make-up. Do you know which issue you will be in?
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 03:17 PM   #83  
Howie6267's Honey

It should be the January 2006 issue, Jen.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:28 PM   #84  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

SWEEEEEEET!!! I will be looking for it....tell me the title of it again! (My memory is gone, you know....
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 04:40 PM   #85  
Howie6267's Honey

The sample issues they sent us say "Your Diet" and something about it being a People publication.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:23 PM   #86  
missaprylj

Good luck! Have fun!
Old 11-07-2005, 01:32 AM   #87  
Laura

It will just be a whirlwind of fun! I can't believe they SHOP for you! I'd make sure that it needs alterations!

I totally understand your fears! TOTALLY! Irish said it best - she nailed it!

Have fun! I can't wait to hear all about it!
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 09:00 AM   #88  
Howie6267's Honey

Well, today's picture day! I've got major butterflies in the stomach. But the house is clean (mostly) and we're clean (squeakily so).

And at least we know it's their job to make us look fabulous, right? Right?! LOL Hopefully they won't examine every bit of dog and cat hair unless it's on our clothes...

The wardrobe stylist is due here at 9:30am and the rest of them at 10:30am. Think good thoughts, y'all.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:05 AM   #89  
Opulent

You will be beautiful and Howie handsome (because you already are) so have no worries! You worked so hard to get to this point and DESERVE this! Enjoy it!
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 09:14 AM   #90  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I have jitters just reading about it!!! How cool is that? You will look so awesome! I can't wait to hear how it went!!

I can understand the fear of gaining it back. I think we all live with that. Some very high profile losers have gained. And a whole bunch have not. I think you and Howie really have a handle on the fact that this is a change for life and the changes that you make right now are the changes that you are going to have to continue for life. I am very certain that this is your time. You WILL reach goal and you will be able to make it for life!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote