Long island

• I'm new to 3 fat chicks. I am looking to start a support group for long islanders. Anyone interested let me know. Send a reply if interested!
  • Any one from NY
    Well 40 something people have viewed this posting and either no one is from Long island or they are just not interested. So I am going to pick the first one and broaden my search.. Any one from NY interested in starting a support group let me know!!! Post a reply!!!
  • I'm sorry - I viewed (I thought it was about Long Island Iced Teas! ). I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaay across the country in Seattle though. Hope you find what/who you are looking for.
  • Go Cyclones!
    I'm in Brooklyn. That's a little closer than Seattle . . .
  • Hi! I live in NY and am interested to find others in my neck of the woods! I live in Westchester County. A bit far from LI but not too far!
    PJ
  • welcome welcome welcome
    Hey marge - Welcome.. Glad to hear from you. Wow 59 lbs.. what are you doing to lose weight? how long did it take you to lose that much already..Tell us all!!!

PJ - its melissa.. your always welcome to anything I have!!
  • I follow a home version of Jenny Craig, so many fruits and veggies, protein, dairy, etc; 3 meals and 3 snacks. Basically a balanced, low-fat diet.

Oh, gosh, I've been doing this a while. Probably about 2 years. No, not a quick loser! There was a period of several months when I maintained (after I got back from a vacation, I lost my drive!).

It really has been a lifestyle change for me rather than a diet, that's why I always say eating program.
  • Hi and welcome. I'm from Oklahoma.
  • welcome to our group. I hear what your saying about the word diet. There is such a stigmatism to that word. Eating program is good or I just say that I am just trying to eat healthy. I've restarted at the gym that I've been a member to since may. I paid the dues til feb 07 so I guess I really should go don't you think.
  • Hey Melissa!!
    Good for you paying in advance like that! Now you better go and not waste that money, Honey! LOL How have you been??
    {{HUGS}}
    PJ
  • Quote: I've restarted at the gym that I've been a member to since may. I paid the dues til feb 07 so I guess I really should go don't you think.
    heh heh. My gym lets me pay month by month. I have to rely on the painfulness of a higher number on the scale for my motivation
  • paying month by month i would easily not go again. I was going faithfully in may and then I stopped.. but having this membership already paid kind of forced me to go back in a good way though. I am glad I am.