Old 08-27-2005, 09:34 PM   #16  

I second the watermelon. In the last 8 weeks of my pregnancy, I ate about one a day -- and not much else. That baby BTW LOVES watermelon. This summer, it is my diet food -- that in-between snack and my favorite dessert! Now if my darn kids would just leave more for me...
irishgreengables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 10:23 PM   #17  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimmingsi
cottage cheese and marmite on toast. makes me weak at the knees thinking about it. not really the healthiest thing in the world but sex on toast!
That is the sickest thing I think I've ever read.

Marmite is the English version of the Australian vegemite, right? I've never had it, but it looks nasty. I can't imagine adding that to spoiled milk curds.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 11:41 PM   #18  

Let's see, I have a few things that I couldn't do without. I eat and ounce or so of unsalted, roasted almonds almost every day. At only 35 calories, Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom Fudge Lites cure my sweet tooth. And black beans which are cheap and can be eaten as a side, made into soup, or used for a veggie burrito. Oh, and Munchies Ultimate Cheddar snack mix - I love that stuff. Finally, I always have Morningstar Farms Grillers Prime veggie burgers on hand. They are really good and make for an easy lunch or dinner.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 11:32 AM   #19  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

yes matt it is like vegimite. althoug alot nicer. its made from the yeast extract that is formed after brewing beer
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 04:52 PM   #20  

First you mention the cricket, now you're dissing the vegemite, I don't know Si!!!!

I can't imagine it with cottage though, yuck! Though I do like vegemite and grated cheese on wholewheat bread!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 01:38 AM   #21  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

I absolutely love the bags of prewashed, ready-to-eat salad! I go through at least 3 lbs of salad a week; more if my kiddos want salad too. YUM!

Huge fan of boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins. Low fat like chicken breasts, but already in a good portion controlled size and they cook faster too. Plus if you want to make chicken fingers you don't have to cut them up.

All I can say is, "Rock on Coke Zero!"
And I have recently discovered the delights of water with lemon! MMM!

I also adore Natural Ovens Bakery breads! I'm the only one who really likes them (dh claims the bread is to dry and stiff), I just keep a loaf in the freezer and take out pieces as I need them. I buy a softer, 100% wheat bread for the rest of the family.

And let's not forget, Kashi GoLean! Topped with soymilk and sliced banana it is an absolutely fabulous breakfast!
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 01:48 AM   #22  

I am a Fresca fan. I also love diet pepsi but it doesn't love me (burns my stomach - damn it!). My favorite breakfast is soya milk, plain yogurt and frozen berries blended into a nice smoothie...could live on it! Cottage cheese with strawberries and grapes, to die for (sorry Matt). Turkey, you bet. It was 30 degrees out today (or 95 F if you prefer) and I was roasting a turkey for supper. Yum! Then you take those turkey bones and boil the heck out of them, freeze the broth and scrape all the fat off and add plenty of veggies for great soup. Neat topic Nash, gotta run and look after the turkey stock!
Jenaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 09:17 AM   #23  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I love making a huge pitcher of decaf ice tea and then adding sugar-free flavoring syrups (raspberry is my favorite). It feels a bit gourmet. Ever since this little girl (around 4 years old) told me that cola was not a color she would drink, I began to look a cola drinks a bit differently. Darn her!

I also am a HUGE fan of fresca and diet ginger ale.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 10:04 AM   #24  
.::Princess::.

S/C/G: 308/288/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_H
I think cottage cheese is the nastiest thing that man ever invented.
I used to think that cottage cheese was completely disgusting but I ate it anyway because it's low in calories and pretty filling. After about two weeks of choking it down for breakfast every morning it started tasting good. Now, I really do like it. I think I heard somewhere that your tastebuds adjust to what you eat or something... Whatever!

My other "treats" are Diet Dr. Pepper (preferably Cherry Vanilla) and my new thing is Special K bars. They're only 90 calories and taste VERY good. Otherwise, I just try to eat from the food pyramid as much as possible, so lots of fruits and veggies...
SnShn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 10:36 AM   #25  
"Love Me Some Me"

S/C/G: H:267 C: see ticker G:150ish

Height: 5'4

Exclamation

Talking about food on 3fatchicks? I am here!

Now days, I cannot life w/o

tuna cakes- (HM: 1 can of tuna (drained) w/ diced tomatoes, onions, green peppers, egg beaters, garlic, salt and pepper) cooked in med. saute pan w/ ff cooking spray

veggie (casserole) patties - HM also, my husband requested that we not call them veggie burgers because it does not come close to the burgers that we know and love. But, it is lentils, celery, brown rice, onions, g peppers, garlic, sunflower seeds, bread crums ff mayo, worchestershire? sauce - cooked in ff cooking spray

Salad salad salad w/ Just 2 Good dressing -Kraft?

Deli turkey breast w/ ww bread, ff chese , lots of fresh tomato, lettuce, avocados (toasted)

Almost Crystal Light (that is the Walmart Crystal light copy) I drink this stuff at dinner to substitute for my previous soda and punch habit. Any other time I have enjoed challenging myself to drink water water and more water all day (goal 128 oz).

I could go on and on about the food changes. Just because food is my thing. But, hubby and I have to feel happy w/ the new choices or we won't be able to hack it.
jenhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 01:22 AM   #26  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

I really like this thread! There's nothing like focusing on what we CAN have!

One of my favorites is honeydew melon with a little vanilla yogurt drizzed over it. Oh, my...Move over on that toast there.

Something else I discovered last year is how delicious pretzels are crunched up and sprinkled over low-fat ice cream. They give you the crunch and salt of peanuts, without the fat. YUMMEH!
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 08:23 AM   #27  
One pound at a time...

Not to digress of the Zero Coke thing , but one of my favourite diet products is the Ice Cream sandwiches (Skinny Cow, love that name). In Weight Watchers (when I used to be on WW, I think they were about 1 point each) and it definately sastisified my chocolate/ice cream craving! I am mostly a chocoholic, so I every once in awhile I have to have my chocolate (not the low fat stuff, if I am going to go "off" the wagon, I go all the way), bring on the Belgian chocolate!

Last edited by ChocLabLover; 09-07-2005 at 03:30 PM.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:10 AM   #28  

Looooooove the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches, and of course (on par with my normal complaint) Skinny Cow has a ton of other products (like ice cream cups) NOT available in Canada....
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:17 AM   #29  
Downsizing Dee!

My favourite is a chopped apple with 1/2 tablespoon of maple syrup. Yummy!!!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 02:38 AM   #30  
Laura

Mmm, apple and Maple syrup sounds YUM!

My treats: I love carrots sticks - or baby carrots with a bit of salt. Also, I eat sunflower seeds almost everyday - they are such a perfect "munchie" for me while watching TV and I need something to do with my hands. I love the Nature Valley granola bars - the maple/brown sugar, the sweet and salty types and just the regular ones, they are all good. I love the Kashi Friends cereal the best - but I've also recently discovered Vanilla Special K and it is DELICIOUS! Oftentimes for lunch, I'll make a smoothie out of 2 cups 1% milk, fresh or frozen fruit, and 1/4 box of dry pudding mix (any flavor). It's just so good and really filling. I'm big on dill pickles too - they are always great for a quick fix.
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote