Old 09-11-2005, 11:24 AM   #16  

Default exercise is easy here

Our to favorite places to visit on the strip are a 30 minute apart. DH and I did the walk there and back yesterday and will do it again today once maybe twice. I missed and awards dinner last night because of anxiety. Even thought I took the xanax, I was still afraid to get on the shuttle.

Last edited by jmacway; 09-11-2005 at 09:50 PM.
jmacway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 11:23 AM   #17  

Default sticking to 85% of my goal

DH reported to me the good awards dinner I missed and brought me a vegitarian dinner and some table decorations.
I HAD to move yesterday. I took some xanax, chewed some gum, played music in one ear and DH talked to me in my other ear and I was able to ride in the taxi without having an anxiety tack (I don't know why I,m doing this.)
I have been having meals in my room the last couple of days or a VIP room. It's easier to make healthy food choices. Up until last night when we joined a friend at Gillies for dinner. The serving size I got would have fed three people. I took a to go box back to our room. It was fun watching the line dancing and I saw a guy try and ride the mechanical bull. Water is my prefered drink. I am getting plenty of walking in. Yesterday over 1.5 hours. I am counting minutes now instead of steps because I lost my pedomoter. The weather here in Las Vegas has been beautiful for walking, mild temp. but very windy.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:25 AM   #18  
Downsizing Dee!

It's great you're getting some mild weather. When we went to Las Vegas last year it was around 115 every day. Hot enough to cook ya!!

Keep posting.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 09:43 PM   #19  

Default will be home soon

I will be heading back to OKC on Monday. The anxiety attacks I have experienced while on this extended vacation have really thrown me for a loop. Never have done this before and never know when I will have and anxdiety attack. I celebrated my 50th birthday while on this trip and my 31 wedding anniv. I don't think there was a day that I over ate but I sure did not stick to the 5-6 small meals a day. We did a lot of walking but it was not 3 or more miles a day. I did get plenty of water every day, being in Nevada all ways make me thirsty. Don't know why. I had a difficult day. Saturdays is when I take my actonel for my ostioporosis. It usually doesn't bother me, but today it did. I had an upset stomach and felt like I was going to be sick to my stomach most of the day. I will report my weight when I get home. Thanks everyone for being there for me. It will be good to have a regular internet connection when I get home.

Last edited by jmacway; 09-17-2005 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:41 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

sorry to hear about the anxiety attacks. I hope you made it home and are feeling better.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 12:24 AM   #21  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Default Welcome Back!

Joyce,

Love the new avatar photo. It is great to put a face with the name. Welcome back. Look forward to seeing your posts again. They may already be up there but I haven't been around much the last day or two. Sending you the best DCM
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:49 AM   #22  

Denise,
I home untill the end of Oct. I got home about midnight on Monday, got to bed about 1:30 a.m. and had to be at work by 8:15 Tuesday morning. (I had agreed to sub for a friend of mine) I left the unpacking, Laundry shopping and cleaning to DH. He did a fair job. I hit the groung running and am adjusting to a two hour time change. It took awhile to catch on reading the posts on a couple of my favorite web sites. It's weigh in day. We'll see if I did any good with the goals I set for myself.