3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Swallowing my pride and saying hi (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/64070-swallowing-my-pride-saying-hi.html)

mousie 08-25-2005 11:41 AM

Swallowing my pride and saying hi

I used to post here as a member of the Turtles, but I haven't been around in long time.

About 9 years ago I started a quest to lose weight. I had been overweight since childhood, and never really tried to take weight off. I started just by increasing my activity level in August 96, and by December 98 I had lost 83 pounds through exercise, a car accident, and Weight Watchers. With a loss of 83 pounds I was 180, and wore a size 10/12. I'm 5'9" and large framed, so my body looked right. I maintained that loss (more or less) until 2001, when life went to **** in a handbasket (pardon my language).

In the years since then I have regained that loss, along with 31 friends (OUCH). Now I find myself at 289.0 pounds (I've lost 5 pounds so far). I am keeping up my activity level but trying to temper it for a heavier, more cumbersome body. The ironic thing is that I have a Bachelor's of Science in Kinesiology (the science of human movement) and I'm halfway through a certification for Physical Therapy Assisting. Activity has never been hard. Food is and always was, and probably always will be, my challenge.

Right now I'm following Weight Watchers Flex Points, and experimenting with Points and how many my body needs. I've been doing this for nearly 4 weeks (tomorrow is weigh-in) and I'm not being frustrated or downhearted about it. Instead I'm looking at it scientifically, and tracking numbers and trends and seeing what happens when I change a variable. Sounds cumbersome, but it works for me.

Anyway, after a year or so of therapy I've got a handle (of sorts) on my emotional factors, and I'm ready to get this done. I've read back through the posts to about...mmm...April or May of this year. You seem like a talkative, friendly bunch, and I hope you'll have me. :)

funniegrrl 08-25-2005 12:26 PM

Hi mousie --

Glad you dropped in. No need to be proud around us! We understand, and we're a pretty open group!

Sandi 08-25-2005 12:50 PM

WELOME!!!

We are so glad that you have decided to join us!! This is a really great bunch!!!

ChocLabLover 08-25-2005 12:51 PM

Welcome to the forum! It is a great place to be!

looosingit 08-25-2005 01:41 PM

Welcome! You have indeed found a friendly bunch here. I am just back after a hiatus, as well.....so I know what a BIG effort it is to get back to it, and how frustrating it can be to loose ground. Fortunately, you & I are not the first to experience this, so there is lots of support from people who understand on the message board.

newfiedarling 08-25-2005 01:46 PM

Welcome - great to have you aboard!

~Dee

matt_H 08-25-2005 01:47 PM

Yes, people here are a friendly bunch...even welcoming back people like me who spazzed and left for over a year.

boiaby 08-25-2005 02:49 PM

Hi Mousie! Welcome back to 3fc. You really have found a terrific group here and I hope you'll feel comfortable enough to become a permanent part of this ultra-supportive family. So, pick a thread and jump right in, the more the merrier!

Beverly

lessofsarahtolove 08-25-2005 03:02 PM

Welcome back, Mousie! I applaud your success in losing the 98 pounds -- you did it before, and you can do it again. :yes: I'm very glad that you introduced yourself, and I look forward to your contributions here. Stay present, and you'll surely benefit from the unconditional, incredibly kind support we all share here. :grouphug:

Sheila53 08-25-2005 04:21 PM

Welcome! I think you've found a great "home."

howie6267 08-25-2005 09:07 PM

Welcome back. I look forward to seeing you around.

Venus In Mourning 08-25-2005 11:04 PM

Welcome welcome! This is a great group. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Jillegal 08-26-2005 12:40 AM

Another big welcome here! Post often so we can get re-acquainted with you! You took a few steps back but seem ready, willing and able to start taking some big strides forward ~we'll be with you all the way! :D

famograham 08-26-2005 02:15 AM

I also want to send you a big welcome :) and to echo what everyone has said already.
You can do this, you know you can...you've done it before. :grouphug:

xoxo
Linda

jmacway 08-26-2005 06:14 AM

Welcome back. I am pretty new around here and look forward to learning more about you.