Old 08-16-2005, 07:37 PM   #16  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Not a whole lot going on out in our neck of the woods -- no storm damage (sorry, Jillegal!) in the last few thunderstorms, just drought for a while until the last couple days.

We did find a wonderful little beagle/dachshund mix via a post on our local Freecycle list. Her name's now Hannah and she's the apple of my MIL's eye. She had to put her dachshund to sleep a few months ago, and had been making sounds like she was ready for another dog. Well, this little girl is going to be one spoiled doglet.

It could be a grimace of pain on Nancy's face...But somehow I don't think so.

Last edited by Gardenwife; 08-16-2005 at 07:41 PM.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 01:56 AM   #17  
Laura

OMGOSH! That dog is ADORABLE!!!!

Mez ~ Did ya get to see it??!!
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:11 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Laura - Yes I did!! She caught him on film. Wouldn't you know he wouldn't do it for me when she dropped him off. She stayed for a bit and tried he just smiled at her. After she left I tried ...I shook his rattle, held a couple of his toy just out of reach...then I recall back in the good ole days that I was constantly moving the T.V. remote away from my kids. Would that work?? Yup that did it!!! He did his bunny hop for that! LOL What is it with kids and T.V. remotes??!!! The thing is he refuses to hold his bottle. Guess he's lazy when it comes to that. He'll hold it for a minute then let it drop.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:23 AM   #19  

Kimberley...what a sweet looking dog! Your MIL looks like she is in love!

Jillegal - Hope that you got everything sorted out at the house! We had the same thing happen when we came home from our honeymoon! It's all back to usual...but it is a nuissance to set right. Maybe a good opportunity to repaint?? :P
looosingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:46 AM   #20  
missaprylj

Ugh! I can't imagine coming home to all that! I hope it all works out, Jill!

Congratulations on those baby moments, Mez. How cute.

And Kimberley your blog is amazing. I love it!

Well everyone, it's crunch time! (Literally! :eyeroll: ) I want to be at goal for graduation, which is June 4th 2006. Yes, that's right... it's my senior year. I can't believe it either. School starts Sept. 1st and then things will get interesting. In the mean time, I'm just trying to relax (school is extremely stressful for me, and I've already started to have anxiety about it.) and enjoy summer. I got a job a few weeks ago, and I like it. I'm the salesperson in a clothing store downtown. I get to work alone except for the guys in the attached men's section next door. I work slow shifts too, so that means I can get all of my reading in. It should be fun....

I'm also in the mega-stressful stage of finding/applying to colleges and going into hyper-panic about financial aid. (The cost of college is RIDICULOUS as I'm sure many of you know!) Right now my two main colleges are UW-Madison and Washington University in St. Louis. Any comments will be well accepted. Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:36 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Apryl - You have a busy year ahead of you. Take time for yourself. Do you do yoga? That might help with the stress. Everything will all fall into place stay stong!!
I know you can do it!!!
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 12:46 PM   #22  
Jennifer

Jill, so sorry to hear about the storm damage! That's no way to come home from vacation! So much for coming back relaxed, I guess.

Apryl, I don't know much about UW, but I have several friends who went to Washington University, and all of them got top-notch educations and loved it there. It's a great school with a really good reputation; sounds perfect for you!
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 06:51 PM   #23  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Apryl, I have to remind myself that you're in high school -- your posts are so mature. Wherever you go, go with gusto! How exciting to be looking at colleges...I was chicken and afraid to go anywhere. Finally, after a couple years of working odd restaurant jobs, I went to our local technical college. It's a great school with lots of practical classes, but I've always wondered what it would have been like to go away from home to school and study. You can tell I'm as far from a risk-taker as they come. You GO, girl.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 10:17 PM   #24  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Apryl: I lived in Madison for a couple years and have to say it is a terrific city to live in, especially after I lived in the northwoods of WI most of my life. Rent is pretty high which is the only reason we moved and don't know much about the academic points of the UW although I had wanted to go there but I freaked out my senior year and never applied to college. Anyway, not being much help here so I'll be quiet. LOL
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 11:18 AM   #25  
Laura

Oh Mez! How exciting! My son did a weird crawl too - on one knee and on one foot. It was hilarious. I know what you mean about the remote My son is obsessed with them too! Drives me crazy when he gets a hold of it (usually when his sister is watching something very IMPORTANT like Dora ) and changes the channel or turns the volume all the way up.

Apryl ~ Good luck in your college choices - college was the best time of my life - it's a BLAST!
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 05:04 PM   #26  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Just wanted to share a pic of Jacob from our vacation!!

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 05:35 PM   #27  

Oh Sandi! When did sweet little Jacob get so big?? He's just beautiful, and all of a sudden looks so much more like his beautiful momma. Thanks for sharing!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 05:58 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

That is an adorable pic of him. He looks just like you.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 06:14 PM   #29  
Crazy Canuck

Oh my goodness, your baby's a young man!! Sometimes its really brought home how quickly they grow...he's as cute as ever! I think he's a perfect combination of you and Steve.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 01:08 AM   #30  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Jilly- Hope you guys got the basement & house taken care of & didn't take your frustratins out @ Timmy's.

Sandi- Glad you're in your new house, and what a cute kid!

Apryl- I think you should go wherever you want, you will do well @ either place. Madison is closer to the Dells & a LOT of kids compared to the 715. my best friend went there, graduated from their medical school. He skipped a grade & was taking classes @ the college up the hill in HS for math & science. It was only at Madison that he could be around kids as smart as him. I spent New Years Eve 1999 in Madison. The fireworks were amazing. Be careful @ Four Star Video, the soft core pron is mixed right in w/the regular films. DO NOT RENT AN APT ON MIFFLIN STREET. You must trust me on this.

All in all, Madison is very close to the Dells for weekend excursions (Sundara Spa, anyone? Kalahari?) and closer to me than you are now. If you came to Milwaukee for fun I could tell you where to go & not to go.

Howberley- Dachshunds rule all. I've had mine for 10 years & wouldn't trade him for anything. That looks like one happy dog w/Howie's mom.

As for me, I have been working 45-50 hour weeks, quite the switch from being unemployed & temping the last 18 mos. I get my second paycheck this weekend & it's going to be AWHILE before I'm all caught up w/bills. This includes eating healthy, unfortunately. It's very cheap to be fat. I'm doing the best I can, but it'll be a month yet before I can do as I had been, leaving the healthy groceries at work for easy access. But it WILL be done. I had a woman at the PKD conference tell me in no uncertain terms that I wasn't doing my kidneys any favors by being this heavy. I asked her name & where she was from & from that she preached to me about fitness for half an hour. I wake up with this body every day, lady. I see it nekkid, I wash it. I know it's big. But thanks for the tip, Captain Obvious.

My friend Lisa is getting married 9/4, should be a good time.

I'm doing the Walk for PKD on September 17 in Green Bay. I hope to raise $500 in donations this year. I have also emailed Cojo, since he was on ET talking about our disease TWICE this week.

Not much else going on. Hope everyone's doing well.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote