Old 06-27-2005, 12:30 AM   #1  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Talking I met Howie and Kimberley!

Hey all ~

Ok, everybody, I just want to go on record as saying that Howie and Kimberley are an absolute pleasure, and completely adorable both individually and as a set! They both give a mighty good hug, too!

Lorraine and I had a great time with Mr. and Mrs. H, and would not hesitate to recommend them as dinner companions. And just as we suspected -- those two are in love!

Seriously, it was such a gift to be able to express in person how much I appreciate all the support they've each given me. Howie, since I started to lose weight in March of last year (I love you, man!), and Kimberley a little more recently. They look exactly like they do in Howie's avatar -- those smiles are real! We laughed our butts off for like 4 hours. As promised, I got a bunch of utterly nourishing hugs from both of them, and at least Kimberley got in a good head-rub on my fuzzy dome.

They were an absolute pleasure! What a totally great start to my getting back on plan now that chemo's done! I think there's something almost karmic in that. Or poetic. Or something. (Tomorrow's the big day for me! )
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 01:13 AM   #2  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

It is so cool you all got to meet. Glad all had a terrific time!
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 01:48 AM   #3  

Awwwww I've been thinking of them and you this weekend, glad you had a lovely time. They are one of those couples who seem to spread good will wherever they go. I've missed Kimberley over the weekend!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 02:37 AM   #4  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

I'm so pleased you all had such a good time. I bet they have some great things to say about you too.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 10:39 AM   #5  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

That is cool that you all got to meet. It is so neat how this site has brought people together.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 12:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

that is so awesome. I know all y'all northeasterners planned on meeting but it's good to see some of y'all still got together.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 01:36 PM   #7  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Laureen and Sarah are just two wonderful people. They compliment each other wonderfully. I did not really know what to expect from Lorraine but was wonderfully surprised how sweet and kind of person she was. I knew she would have to be when she was with someone as great as Sarah. We just loved meeting you two and could not of had a better time. I mean after all we closed the place down that says something. I think we all thought we would have a couple hour dinner and be on our way home but we ended up spending 4 hours together. I could have talked to you all for 4 more hours.

You say we give you so much support well the feeling is mutual. When I first started posting here last year I could not wait to here what you wrote because it was always such a help. I'm so glad your back now. I was also told last night that Lorraine will be joining Sarah in her journey this time. Plus she is quiting the smokes. That's going to be rough but after meeting her I know she has it in her to do it. You two have been though a lot together and now you can do this together also. You two are a great couple and it was a pleasure meeting you.

P.S we are going to hold you and Laureen to that New York trip. Maybe we could hook up with Jennifer two.

P.S.S Kimberley has a picture of the group last night that I'm sure she will be sharing. All Five of us.

Laureen, Lorraine, Sarah, Kimberley and of course me. LOL
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 02:03 PM   #8  
Jennifer

Woohoo! So many happy vibes in this thread that it positively GLOWS! I'm glad you all had such an incredible time together. I wouldn't have expected any less from what I know of all of you.

And count me IN if you do a New York trip! It would be a blast! (Just don't come during the summer, as it's actually pretty GRODY!!! )
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 02:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 328/292/135

Height: 5' 1"

So glad ya'll got to get together. I would say that it's the start of a beautiful friendship, but you were already friends. This is just the next phase!

Hugs!

M'Chelle
bonnieangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 02:23 PM   #10  
2006 - Panda Remix

Aaaah that's so lovely for all of you - I'm dead jealous, I want big hugs from you all!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:41 PM   #11  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Hey, everyone! We felt like we'd been hanging out with those two for years; we really hit it off and had such good conversation.

I am in a panic here...Can't find my CompactFlash card and I *know* it was in my camera on the way home because I looked at the pictures on my camera. Grrrrrr!
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:15 PM   #12  
Live for the Moment!

How cool is that?! I absolutely love this board for bringing people together.

I can't wait to see pictures!

I think there needs to be a big 3FC meeting planned again... I'm sure there'd be a great outcome, and I'd love to meet you all! If not a big one, at least maybe a few small ones in areas where people are close to each other..?
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 01:02 AM   #13  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

I still can't find my camera's CF card! Talk about heart-breaking!
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 01:05 AM   #14  
I climb mountains!

It's ok......I look remarkably like Angelina Jolie....but with a buzz cut. Yep, I hear that all the time.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:06 AM   #15  
I climb mountains!

Uh oh.