Old 06-24-2005, 08:20 PM   #1  
Weight Watcher Member

S/C/G: 277

Height: 5.3

Default Rewarding Yourself How? When?

I've found that I need to reward myself often in order not to get bored or lose focus of my goals. At 20 lbs lost, I had "solar nails" put on. At 30 lbs lost, I'd gone down 2 sizes and bought some new jeans. At 40 lbs lost I got a tanning membership and now since I've lost more than 50, I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to reward myself. In the beginning, I set a few reward goals so at 60 lbs I know I'm getting some new prescription sunglasses and then at 70 lbs lost, my husband is taking me horseback riding. ( I set the last one to happen at when I was under 200 so that maybe I won't hurt the poor horse!
So, my question is, what do you do to reward yourself for a job well done?
suunflowrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 12:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Great thread!

I'm generally at a loss for ideas but I know for sure at the 75lb mark I'm finally getting my tattoo!!!!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 02:17 AM   #3  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

What tattoo are you going to get, Lifeguard? I got my angel fish tat years ago as a reward for leaving a job I hated.

I'm not very good at thinking up rewards for myself. Most things that pop into my head involve dealing with other people, so they get discarded pretty quickly. Mind, I have pledged to hubby his reward for my reaching goal.... No, not that!! He wants to go to one of those places with the roller-coasters and rides and stuff. I have some mind goals to reach as well as the weight one before I can pull that one off, but I have no intention of reneguing on my promise.

I don't really need to have any in place right now though; I'm getting more than enough pleasure from how much better I'm feeling, physically and mentally.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 03:11 AM   #4  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I reward myself whenever I feel like it. I don't have a list of rewards I'm aiming for, I just do it when I feel like it. Mainly a few new clothes when I drop a dress side, a new haircut every so often and so on. I did get myself an iPod at my first milestone, which I told myself would help me lose more because I could listen to it at the gym, but other than that it's been regular, small things.

I have so many milestones as I go along though, that everything I buy gets linked to one of them to justify it to myself!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 08:18 AM   #5  
Dream Big!

I've decided to start a Pandora bead bracelet with a new bead for every 5 pounds.

I started looking around at them on Ebay last night and already see 14 beads I love...so I better get crackin'!

Last edited by BarbaraAnn; 06-25-2005 at 09:45 AM.
BarbaraAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 11:37 AM   #6  

I have been buying new charms for my Zopini bracelet for every five pounds. Being that they are going out of fashion - I just bought the rest of the charms I need to fill the bracelet and I will continue to put one on for every five pounds until I am done. (Bonus - I got them at a great price - darn bracelet still ended up costing an arm and a leg). For the first ten pounds, I rewarded myself with a massage. For the next ten, I rewarded myself with a manicure/pedicure. I haven't had any rewards for awhile!! I have booked a kayak for August 18, 2005 and my challenge is to have twenty pounds off by that time. This is an ultimate reward because I have dreamed of kayaking for a long time so I am motivated to meet my goal. Neat to see what others are doing!!
Jenaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 04:34 PM   #7  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Thumbs up Rewards Rock!

When I reach the goal I set for the End of Summer Challenge (13 lbs to go!), I'm going to get a hair cut (my hair is all one length and really long) and donate my hair to Locks of Love. I can't wait, going to get some bangs and totally change my look!
Every 5-10 lbs I plan to buy some new work out related stuff -DVD's, work out clothes, equiptment. I'm going to buy an exercise ball next so I can give my "core" muscles a good workout. After having 3 kids they are in sorry shape and I would like to do jumping jacks and jump rope without *ahem* leaking in embarassing ways. I'm sure you other moms can relate...and kegels help but not as much as I seem to need. Found a work out specifically for this issue in the February 2005 issue of Self magazine and it uses an exercise ball. Sorry if TMI; now back to the rewards...
For every 20 lbs, I plan to reward myself with stuff like a new book, a massage, facial or a whole day to myself to do what ever I want!
When I reach my BIG GOAL, of 160, I'm getting a tattoo. Probably a dragon on my back, either that or an armband made up of elephants marching trunk to tail. After I maintain my weightloss for 1 year I'll get my second one.
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 05:31 PM   #8  

When I started I got all these rewards worked out, because I really thought it was going to be really hard, and I would need the motivation. I have been stunned to find out, that for me, and I am not trying to sound pious or anything here, but losing weight has been it's own reward. I feel so fit and healthy, I WANT to exercise, and I have been able to buy new clothes, fit into ones I had discarded, and generally just live a happier life.

I was going to buy a perfume for every 20 pounds I lost, and I did get one for my first 20 pounds. This week, I should have reached 40 down, so I can get my next reward, which now is going to be a pull buoy and a kickboard for swimming!!!!!! I am beginning to take my swimming very seriously!!!!

Ultimately though, if/when I get to my ultimate goal, which is to be a UK size 12, I am going to buy a ridiculously expensive pair of designer jeans, a Wheels & Doll Baby T-shirt and a designer dress!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 12:40 AM   #9  
Weight Watcher Member

S/C/G: 277

Height: 5.3

These rewards are so awesome! I'm getting some amazing ideas. I've decided to make my "50 lbs lost" reward a membership to Jazzercise! I start on Monday. I'm ready, I'm ready... (ala SpongeBob)
suunflowrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 12:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFatFish
What tattoo are you going to get, Lifeguard?
I am going to get a big wave (like you see surfers on!) in a circle on my right hip. Water is such a huge part of life for me & the circle of life is very meaningful for me.

I'm soooo excited - I feel like I've been waiting forever for this goal!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 01:08 PM   #11  

Default me too

I too have decided on a tattoo as my final reward. Have the design all picked out and everything. A viney flowery chain low slung around my back like a belt meeting at my pierced belly button with a heart or flower design. My ever loving boyfriend says, "you're gonna be hot and have that tattoo, I might just have to break down and marry that!"
tiggergirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:54 AM   #12  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

New haircut, new jeans, and every 25 lbs a new pair of sneakers. I also buy small items I want to redecorate just for being good. I figure I want to make myself AND my surroundings more comfortable and more beautiful !
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote