Old 06-24-2005, 03:59 PM   #1  
Takin back the old me!

Default Counting down from 100

Okay here it is.......

This is where we can talk, vent, laugh, cry, and just share what ever we want. Hopefully we will all be on the same page and any tears will be "tears of joy" because we are all doing so great!
I personally will be checking in here more than once a day because I need as much help as I can get staying on top of things and keeping a positive outlook on my journey.

I hope all of you find your way in here......I will post this link in the buddy thread where we all were.
Naughtyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 04:26 PM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Welcome to our group!! Feel free to also jump in on any of the other threads too!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 04:32 PM   #3  
Takin back the old me!

Thanks Sandi
Old 06-24-2005, 05:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 05:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/199

Height: 5'6"

Default Just checking in

Hi, just thought I'd stop by and see how everybody is doing today.
I was able to keep both breakfast and lunch relatively healthy. Dinner tonight is pizza and I'll add some veggies to my slice to try and make it a little better for me.
I do have some trouble with trying to get some exercise into my day. In the morning before I leave for work I tell myself that I'm definitely going for a walk after I get off work. Then when I get off work and get home I'm just not motivated enough to go back out and start walking.
I hope everybody else had a great day
quyana21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 05:40 PM   #6  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Hi, Felicia.

This is a great corner of the 'Net filled with wonderful people. Welcome.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 05:46 PM   #7  
Takin back the old me!

So far so good for me today. I have a Dr's appt on wed so I have to make sure I don't gain over the weekend.

Guyana21- I have the same problem with exercise but I think about it all day from the time I wake up until the time I go to sleep. I just need to get up and do it. Hopefully together we can get up and get it done. I don't know about you but I always feel so much better after a workout.

Don't forget to pat your pizza down w/ a paper towel....it's crazy how much fat you can shave off pizza by doing that.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 328/292/135

Height: 5' 1"

Hi NA...and welcome! Great thread idea!

My food consumption this week had not been good this week, I'm afraid. I've had something that was not OP every single day this week. My only saving grace is that I've made my 3 workouts at Curves this week (going to try to squeeze another one in tomorrow to make up for my not so great food choices), and for some reason I haven't been eating as much of the not so great food as I was before. That's got to count for something, right?! Anyway, it's one meal at a time, right, so I WILL be better at the next meal.

Oh, and I haven't stepped on the demon scales in three days...trying to hold out until my weigh in date on the 9th so I don't get discouraged, although if I don't start making better food choices there won't be much of a difference!

Hugs!

M'Chelle
bonnieangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 07:24 PM   #9  

Hi Ladies,

This is my first time here and I just wanted to leave a message to say I'm so glad I found you all! Just reading posts and knowing I'm not fighting this by myself makes a huge difference. Keep up the good work everyone!
SystemAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 07:38 PM   #10  
Takin back the old me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnieangel
although if I don't start making better food choices there won't be much of a difference!
Well I am sure everyone in here has felt the way you do a time or two. It seems like every time I eat I have to fight with myself to make sure that I am making healthy choices......I just keep reminding myself of how much better I will feel when I do.
You are doing great!
Old 06-24-2005, 08:20 PM   #11  
Living the journey...

Hello everyone! I'm so glad we have a place to gather and chat. I'm sitting here at my computer wanting to just surf the forums for inspiration and write each of you here on our new thread... but I haven't exercised today and I had it on my calendar to do so tonight. So... Maybe I'll save you all the energy of having to kick my butt and I'll just go do it. Yes! I'm going to go exercise right now!!! I'll catch you all a little bit later.

Woo hoo!
starcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 10:26 PM   #12  
Living the journey...

Yeah buddies! I did it! One hour of yoga ... not exactly high impact, but it was definitely better for me then sitting around and doing nothing! I feel relaxed and calm now... a fantastic way to end the week. How did all of you do today?

quyana21: good job on keeping breakfast and lunch healthy. That's great! I think I skipped out the door this morning without breakfast (the hardest meal of the day for me to deal with properly)... Was your pizza tonight made at home, frozen or ala a pizza cafe? I have a really good homeade recipe that's pretty simple and healthy if you want to give it a try sometime (it does use a pre-bought crust, though). As for your busy schedule...do you have a little extra time to squeeze in before going to work? I find that if I work out first thing I not only get my exercise done for the day, but I also making healthier choices all day long too. (I need to take my own advice more often)...

Naughtyangel (Felicia): Thanks for starting this thread for us. It will be a great source of encouragement for us all -- I just know. And I agree with you...working out in the morning is definitely the way to go. Maybe we can all become am work out buddies and as we each are exercising we can find comfort in knowing that our fellow 3FC friends are doing it also! (just a thought)...

bonnieangel: WAY TO GO on the 3 workouts. Let's spread some of that motivation around! and yes...one meal at a time will win the race. (and good job on avoiding the "demon" scale. Measure your sucess by how you feel, not necessarily the number.

SystemAddict: I'm so glad that we can form a support group around you -- and each other. We are going to do this...each and every one of us. I'm holding you ladies accountable. How did your day go?!

AND WELCOME EVERYONE ELSE!!!

To the stars...
Old 06-24-2005, 10:44 PM   #13  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Smile Welcome!

Hi you guys!

It's great to have you join us here in the 100 lb. community! Welcome! It seems like this is a support/buddy group you guys formed -- that's great! You guys seem really motivated, which is awesome. I think most of the support groups go in either the support group or miscellaneous groups forums, though. That's what they're there for.

I sure hope you guys feel welcome to join in on any of our other threads, as our moderator, Sandi, mentioned above. We have a chat thread ("yada yada") and a weekly weigh-in thread, an accountability/daily eats thread ("weekly journal") and a bunch of different challenges that are really popular and help folks along -- as well as lots of other topical threads that are awesome.

Sounds like you guys are off to a great start! Best wishes to your group.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 11:22 PM   #14  
Living the journey...

Default Counting down from 100 Profiles

Hey folks! I don't mean to dominate the threads, but I had an idea. I would love to get to know more about each other. One on one emails and PM's are fantastic, but I'd also love it if we each could share some of the same knowledge and information about each other. I thinking knowing where we come from and where we want to go is a great foundation to lay for this support group. Consequently, I think it would be great if we could post our 100 lb. Club profiles in this thread (easier access, don't you think)? And to add to it, I made up a short, fun questionnaire. It would be great if the members of this thread would fill it out -- and newbies are always welcome!!!

If you haven't done a 100lb club profile you can find it here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2242

This is my 100lb Club Profile:

First name: Kristy

Geographical location: Kansas City

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None, but I have two adorable nieces ages 2 & 4.

Pets: A Golden Retriever and 2 adorable kittens

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, Art, Interior Decorating, My Family, Reading, Music and Movies!

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes and light golden brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: (my whole life)... but truly today. It all starts here, right now: June 19, 2005

Starting Weight:340 lbs

Present Weight: 340 lbs

Goal Weight: 170 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: All my life food has been linked with every emotion. Food is a part of celebration, loss, happiness, stress and even social activity. I need to completely restructure the way I use food and lighten its prominence in my life.

Following any specific plan: I just signed up for Kathy Smith's Project You exercise program. It hasn't arrived in the mail yet, but I'm looking forward to it. This summer I'm committed to Tuesday and Thursday morning water aerobics. Otherwise I'm using a combination of plans and trying to tailor them to suit my lifestyle.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: It seems like I've always waited for the perfect day to address this problem, but there is no perfect day. This time my mindset is different because I know that in my current body I cannot live the life that I've always dreamed about. Just daily activity wears me down and I no longer find that acceptable. I'm ready to "go to the mattresses" and conquer my lifelong struggle with weight for once and all!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am excited to have found a community here full of other people who are struggling with similair issues. I'm also completely dedicated to providing encouragement and support to anyone else on this path who needs help and motivation. I wish you all the best -- and good luck on your journey to the good life...

This is the survey I came up with:

Name: Kristy

Something I'm passionate about (besides food): Seeing new places and trying new things. I love exploring other cultures and diving into different approaches people take in life. I'm passionate about being honest and finding truth and beauty within everything and everyone I come across.

Worst craving(s): Salty and sweet at the same time. I love potato chips followed by chocolate. But my true craving is for soda pop. Pepsi and I go way back.

Favorite healthy thing to eat: Apples are fantastic. They're sweet and crunchy. I also love carrots. As a kid my grandma used to tell me to eat my carrots because they are good for my eyes. Ever since then, whenever I eat a carrot I imagine that my eyes are getting bigger and more beautiful.

Favorite type of music: I'm an eclectic kind of gal. Tegan and Sara are Canadian twins that are my all-time favorite...but I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Harry Connick, Jr. I could spend hours talking about music. It's one of my passions!

Favorite movies: I'm a sucker for romantic comedies. The more cheese the better, but my taste in movies is just as diverse as my taste in music. A favorite is impossible for me to list.

Favorite TV shows: Do I have to admit? I'm a WB fan. I love 7th Heaven, Everwood, Gilmore Girls and One Tree Hill. I also got into Lost and Two and a Half Men. (During the winter I watch way too much tv! It's how I unwind)...

Last book you read: Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (sometimes it's good to go back and read those classic young adult books).

Last thing you ate: An apple for desert (it was that or a bowl of ice cream -- and I took the healthy route. woo hoo!)

Last time you exercised: just a couple of hours ago.

What are some of the things you can't wait to do after you reach your goal weight: LIVE! BREATHE FREELY! I can't wait to fit into an airplane seat or a tight space comfortably. Daily life will be ten times more better when I can move about without feeling exhausted all the time. To play with my nieces and really run with them will be fantastic. I could write one thousand things here that I can't wait to do, but they all come back to one thing -- I can't wait to feel alive and active and like I can finally participate in the world...

And one last thing...
An Inspirational Quote:
"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow." ~ Anonymous
"How long should you try? Until." ~ Jim Rohn

Let's have courage...and keep going UNTIL!!!!
Old 06-24-2005, 11:38 PM   #15  
Takin back the old me!

I am sorry....it looks like I put this thread in the wrong place. I just figured that the 100 club was for people who wanted to lose 100 pounds or more. I didn't know that you were not allowed to have a thread for support in here.

Now that I have gotten you all over here, I am not sure where to move this.