Old 06-20-2005, 10:37 PM   #61  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Hah! That sounds like something I'd say!
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 10:37 PM   #62  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

That sounds like something I would tease Kimberley with. That's funny.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 10:39 PM   #63  
Born Loser

Hah that's funny we posted at the same time. Guess great minds think alike.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:45 PM   #64  
Howie6267's Honey

Neener, neener, jinx!
Old 06-21-2005, 11:59 AM   #65  
Jennifer

You two are so adorable.

I have another NSV that I have to share. This past weekend, hubby and I took our annual camping trip with our best friends. Last year, I weighed about 80-90 pounds more than I do now. When we went for a fairly easy day hike, I was so exhausted and in physical pain that I ended up breaking down in sobs and having to stop along the way (thank goodness they're such great friends, but I was humiliated anyway).

This year, the whole camping trip was just so different. I ran around the campsite, happily chopped wood, and lugged pail after pail of water uphill. I easily squatted to wash dishes in the brook. I wasn't sore in the mornings.

In the back of my mind, though, was this nagging fear about the hiking trip. I am thrilled to report that I LOVE HIKING now. I don't know how, but I ended up at the front of the pack, leading the four of us up and down the mountain. At some points, I even had to slow down to let everyone else catch up. And by the end, I was so thrilled that I felt like I was flying over the rocks and streams. I barely broke a sweat the whole time and could have hiked hours longer. When we got back to the car, my friends hugged me, and I had tears in my eyes because the contrast from last year was just so stark.

I wish I could tell every person who may be struggling and wondering if it's worth it... this is the best thing I've ever done for myself. It's worth every single hard day, every single time you pick yourself up after a slipup, every time you drag your butt out of bed in the morning to go to the gym. And believe me -- if I can do this, anyone can.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jen hike.JPG (14.0 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg jen hike 2.jpg (39.5 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg jen chop.jpg (23.6 KB, 59 views)

Last edited by teapotdynamo; 06-21-2005 at 12:07 PM.
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:25 PM   #66  
Howie6267's Honey

Jennifer, that is THE coolest story. I'm so happy for you, and just bustin' with pride for you. It is worth the effort, and your story brings that home!
Old 06-21-2005, 02:41 PM   #67  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

A biggie today, I ran 10k! Every step of it running, at a quicker pace than when I ran my first 5k 2 months ago. There have been so many times when I have thought that I could never ever run so far at my weight, and that maybe I should stick at 5k until I lost a bit more weight, but I can do it now and I'm so proud of myself!

And then I went out shopping to celebrate, and fit perfectly into dresses that weren't even the biggest size in the shop. (UK size 18, when they went up to 20)
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:18 PM   #68  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks for sharing that story, Jennifer. What a great achievement! I'm glad you're reaping the rewards of all your hard work.

YP1: Running 10 km! RUNNING??!! Well done!

Mumble, mumble, I managed to get in my 2 mile walk today.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 07:39 PM   #69  
Live for the Moment!

Jennifer luv, that is amazing.. Sounds like you had a fantastic time and man, the difference in your pics from last year vs. this year is crazy! You must feel great! I can't wait until I have a similar story to share. I think I would love hiking and we live only an hour away from the mountains, I just need to get to the point where I'll be able to do it without feeling like I'm going to die.

Everyone else has some great NSV's... Keep it up, we still have a week to go!

Had my first NSV today, I've been off plan for a LONG time, until today... I drank tons of water, ate really healthy...however was at the 7-11 after work and I must have stood in the chip aisle for 20 minutes having a battle in my own head (trying to justify that I can "re-start" tomorrow, etc.) then finally, I walked away from all the junk (even after having chips and chocolate in my hand to buy) and walked out of the store with only a bottle of flavored water and a single serving of beef jerky!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 09:26 PM   #70  
Wife to 1 Mother of 4

Jennifer- My day is coming soon. I have to keep telling myself it will all pay off.

YP1- Congrats on the 10k

Celina- I am so feelin ya! It is a battle to do the right thing, and you did it! Cheers
Reaferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:00 AM   #71  
Howie6267's Honey

My stretch-denim bootcut 20's were getting a little loose, but I couldn't tell if it was just the stretch giving out on them or what. So, today I brought in some clothes from our van, ones which were given to me by a local member of Freecycle a couple months back. On a lark, I tried on the jeans...Size 18...And they fit perfectly!

Granted, they're Ralph Lauren jeans and probably run large like many better brands do, but still. This is the first time since I was 25 that I've been able to wear that size.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:10 AM   #72  
Born Loser

Humm does that mean I'm married to a 25 year old now. LOL Your sure acting like it with all the energy you have around here. She has been going to town in our yard. You ought to see all the stuff she has been planting.

Your doing great babe and I'm so proud of you for sticking with it. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:50 PM   #73  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenwife
ones which were given to me by a local member of Freecycle a couple months back. On a lark, I tried on the jeans...Size 18...And they fit perfectly!
Awesome, you must be so proud of yourself! Good Work!
(I love freecycle! Joined the group in my area, haven't found any of the stuff I need but I sure have gotten rid of a bunch of stuff I didn't want anymore!)
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:35 AM   #74  
Howie6267's Honey

Hey, I finally feel like Gardenwife again after several years of viewing the yard as one big chore, something to dread. Feels so good...A NSV in itself.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:21 AM   #75  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Celina: Not buying ket food is an excellent NSV. I'm really impressed that you put the stuff back on the shelf after almost talking yourself into it. You should be very proud of yourself.

Kimberley: It's a great feeling to go down a size, isn't it? I'm really happy for you. I have my smaller jeans, freshly washed in anticipation, and I'm hoping it's not too long until I can start wearing them. I can zip up the size 18s (UK, mind ) but they're still a wee bit on the tight side. Okay, I can't actually move in them! (Did I ever mention I have a pair of brand new jeans (size 13, I believe) that are over 20 years old? I will get into them one day. )
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote