Old 06-06-2005, 12:22 PM   #16  
Short and Round

Okay had 2 NSV this weekend.

1. We went to Dick's Sporting Goods to get my some new "kicks' and in December it was uncomfortable to sit in the stadium seats they have to try shoes on. The metal armrests would dig into my thighs.. well I fit in without a problem at all AND had room to spare. I was shocked!

2. Maybe TMI on this one.. but my hubby went to rest my arm on my "shelf" (which is that layer of fat above my butt) and he almost fell on the floor because the shelf is almost gone.. The butt is still there mind you.. but the "shelf" has left the building!

Amanda
ajwings2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 01:23 PM   #17  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Those are great victories Amanda and everyone else. I love being able to go anywhere and sit now. On the way home from the ball game last week we stoped at a truck stop that has a Subway in it. I went to sit in a both after gettin my sandwich and still thought this is going to be a tight fit. To my amazment I fit with tons of space left over. It's funny how the mind still thinks it's got a fat body.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 01:46 PM   #18  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

Comfort is a beautiful reward gift for all this dedication. Congratulations, everyone!
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 02:09 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

These are some great and awesome NSVs for the month. We are already on our second page and it's only the 6!!!
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 09:52 AM   #20  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

Height: 5'9"

Had a NSV yesterday...

I can wear strappy 3" heel sandals ALL day, (12 hours) without getting sore feet! AND I went shopping during my lunch break and I had to compair something on the bottom shelf at the beauty supply store, I was able to squat down, sit on my heels, knees in the air yet, and stand back up without a problem. So I did it three more times just because I could!!

And this morning My size 24 L.E.I. jean shorts fell off of me, so I had to go into my 'soon to fit' tote bin and get out the size 22's I bought a few weeks ago! They fit perfect!!!

I'm really liking this getting smaller stuff!!!
treefrogtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 10:38 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

Thumbs up

Love reading these....everyone is doing wonderfully!

Mine are that I walked 1 1/2 miles on the treadmill yesterday instead of just 1 mile.

I've learned that I cannot wear my husband's shirts anymore.I'm sure he'll be thrilled to hear that.They never looked flattering to begin with,but now I am swimming in them even more so

Last edited by zoritsa; 06-07-2005 at 10:40 AM.
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 12:00 PM   #22  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

These are so good to read--really inspiring. The number going down on the scale is great, of course, but NSVs are about how we look and feel and so are much more "real" to me.

Congrats to everybody!

Your squatting is brilliant, Sara. I can just imagine your thinking, "Hey, did I really get down and back up so easily? I'd best try a couple more times in case I just dreamt it!".

zoritsa: I can't wait until I can fit into hubby's shirts! Seriously, I'd probably be had up for cruel and unusual punishment if I tried to squeeze my treasure chest into anything that small!
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 02:26 PM   #23  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Amanda is such a shelfless individual. All bad puns aside, that's great! This thread is so cool, for it reminds us to look at both the small and big positives along the way.

I'm still amazed at how much less my feet hurt. I might have to try some heels once I'm down a little lower. I want sexy shoes!
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 02:42 PM   #24  
Crazy Canuck

Its so much fun to read these NSVs - so often we fixate on the big overall effect of losing weight and long for it until it hurts. Meanwhile, its so refreshing to see how some of these seemingly small NSVs bring so much happiness! I remember the first time I was able to bend down and tie the shoelaces of my Reeboks easily (my stomach wasn't in the way!) That alone kept me going for weeks!

Funny though, how we hold onto our perceptions of our size - when I read what you said Howie about thinking you couldn't fit into the booth it reminded me how I still automatically go on my tiptoes and turn sideways when I'm going through a turnstyle, when I can walk right through one now.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 02:45 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

It's great to read all these NSVs!

I always wonder if the perception issue ever goes away? Hopefully, some day I'll have maintained so long that I will know the answer to that question.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 03:59 PM   #26  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

I know what you mean...I still grab for the 3X or 26/28 shirts and 24w pants before my mind catches up and says "hey - you don't wear those anymore, silly!".
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 05:38 PM   #27  

I read you on this Jillegal & Kimberley. A few weeks ago , a sports equipment and clothing store had a big clearance sale. They were going out of buisness and the prices were amazingly low.....Unfortunately, i was only able to go during the last days of the sale, and the only sizes left were like XXXsmall and XXXlarge.

Just for a moment, i was sure to make a good deal out of that sale, but realized after a few seconds that i'm now wearing Large and X-Large sizes....
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 02:25 PM   #28  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I tried on some jeans a few weeks ago. They fastened (just) but there was a bit of a bulge round the top. Today I tried them on and no sign of a bulge, so I bought them. Even though it wasn't marked on, when I got to pay they were reduced by £10.

Then I got them home, tried them on again (I'm wearing them now) and realised why I shouldn't have bought them. They seem to be *gasp* a bit too big.

If I go down to the next size next time I buy clothes (and I will, I just didn't realise it was coming up so soon), I'll be wearing a size I haven't worn since I was about 16.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 05:17 PM   #29  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

I read somewhere that a size is dropped for every 10 pounds lost. It must be very approximate though given that 10 pounds off someone my size is nowhere near as significant as 10 pounds off someone weighing 140.

My 20 lost has resulted in 1½" from my bust, 5" from waist, and 2" from hips. Not exactly proportional, but I'm not complaining!
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 01:27 AM   #30  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

"I read somewhere that a size is dropped for every 10 pounds lost."

Thanks Ali (TooFatFish), I was just wondering about this!
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote