Old 05-26-2005, 03:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Default Yadda Yadda Yadda #3

The other one had 49 posts and was buried a couple of pages back.

I had two bad teeth pulled yesterday (they broke off when I was pregnant--one for each child) and I had a partial put in place. I'm glad I had it done but these plastic/metal things are going to take some getting used to. It's still real sore where the teeth came out and I have to chew really, really slow and can't eat hard foods.

How is everyone else?
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 10:03 PM   #2  
Jennifer

Hey there, Dawnyal! Are you able to eat better now? Thanks for starting up this thread again. I always read everything, but I don't post all that often... I'm trying to get better about that!

Not a heck of a lot going on here. We were supposed to go camping with friends for Memorial Day, but that fell through (naught but sloppy, cold weather here -- will it ever get warm?). I think we're going to spend Saturday night at dinner and a Broadway play instead. Luckily, New Yorkers tend to head for warmer weather on M.D., so it's kinda fun to take advantage of what's usually very crowded or impossible to get tickets to.

Tomorrow night I have bellydancing class, which I have really started looking forward to. I wish my belly weren't still so... unbellydancer-like, but I'm willing myself to be patient, and I love the dancing anyway! So there, invisible naysayers! I can feel a sheet of muscle under the remaining flab, but I just have to get rid of that top layer first.

Well, I've probably blathered on enough. How is everyone else?!

p.s. Where has Sarah been lately?? Anybody heard from her?
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 10:23 PM   #3  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

I was going to ask the same thing today.! Betting everything is going great for her, but can't help feeling a bit worried.

How long was their vacation supposed to be?

xoxo
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 10:28 PM   #4  
missaprylj

Dawnyal: Ouch! Hope you're feeling 100% ASAP.
You go, Jennifer! You tell those invisible naysayers!

I'm doing quite well considering the enormous amount of stress from finals right now. Thank God I've never turned to food for school-related stress relief. Only 8.5 school days left of my junior year of high school. Pretty scary! (And depressing because my best friend is graduating in 6! )

Wow, I am so beat! Goodnight everyone.

Last edited by missaprylj; 05-26-2005 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:14 AM   #5  

Hi Everyone..
Dawnyal...tooth pain can be so miserable. I hope you are feeling better really soon. I have also been wondering about Sarah...hope all is well, she has had a tough year but is one very strong woman. Jennifer - you have such an interesting life - plays and bellydancing, how fun! Enjoy. Linda - I am on the prairies, I hope you are having better weather than we are. It feels like snow here tonight (and it has been known to snow in May so send us some heat please). Apryl, you have had so much on the go. No wonder you are exhausted. Good luck on your exams. As for me, I have temporarily lost my sanity and agreed to a yard sale (groan groan) but it is a way of clearing junk out of the house (junk being the mighty accumulation of "stuff" you get from having children with aunties, uncles, grandmas, grandpas and numerous birthday parties with every classmate invited- it is endless, such a blessed society that we live in, okay okay, I won't go into my "there are starving children all over the world" routine, but there are and it seems a shame that we have so much while others have so little. Anyway..this is our reality so I will try not to feel too guilty about it. Wish me well with the looky-loo yard sale folks - some of these folks tend to drive me nuts so I may just disappear into the house and let the DH deal with people. He has far greater patience and way more tact than I do....

Cheers,
Jenaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 12:58 AM   #6  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Hope your feeling better Dawnyal. Jennifer that sounds like a wonderful weekend. We are going to a Cleveland Indians game Saturday night. I hope to find a camping spot to stay at that night. If not we are just going to sleep in a Walmart parking lot. We have a full size van with a fold down bed so it really does not matter where we park. Monday we will have the family over for a cook out. That will be my treat day.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 01:39 AM   #7  
Linda

Jenaya,
Much of my Mom's side of the family live in Calgary. I love being an Island girl, sorry your weather's been so bad.

Last weekend we had 3 days of SOLID rain...it was awful..torrential. Now the past couple of days have been rather record breaking..31 degrees...sooo hot. I went outside and weed-whacked for two hours yesterday..didn't even think about sunscreen! Today, it hurts to type because I have such a bad sunburn! I feel very silly about it because I'm a mom of two and wouldn't even consider letting them out in it without sunscreen..but me...I forget myself so easily..LOL.

Sending you HOT summer heatwaves...they're on their way to you, should be there in a few days!

hugs,
Linda
Old 05-27-2005, 09:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

It's FINALLY starting to seem like spring here. It was in the high 70's mid 80's yesterday and SO FAR (Fingers crossed) the weather for the weekend should hold up. We are having a cookout on Sunday. That will be fun.. My hubby and I just got the yard ready for summertime gatherings. We got a garden gazebo, outdoor fireplace and we're opeining the pool today. I love summer.. However, I don't know how much I'll love it being pregnant this year! Our summers get pretty humid. I can stand the heat, its the humidity that kills me! So anyway, the nursery is just about complete. It's a bit small for my liking but will do for now until we buy a larger home. i'll have to take some pictures of it. I am really looking forward to going back to the gym and getting back into shape after the baby gets here. You know me and how much I just LOVE a challenge! So good to hear everyone is doing well. Dawnyl.. I hate tooth pain. I think it HAS to be the WORST pain. I had my wisdom tooth recently extracted- with NO anesthesia. Just plain ole novicane. OUCH and double OUCH because I couldn't really take any pain meds except tylenol ex strenthgh and occasionally a Tylenol #3 (with codine). hope your feeling better soon...

Keep up the good work everybody!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 12:09 PM   #9  

My teeth are hurting worse today if that is possible. I took the thing out last night like I was supposed to and it hurt like h-e-double hockey sticks to put it back in this morning. I finally stuck them back in a cup of water and brought them to work with me. I took a painkiller, had a wonderful massage (I'll explain that in a second) and finally popped them back in. I've been downing ice chips like no tomorrow to stave off the pain but it seems to be working. Not sure what I'll do for lunch though.

As for the massage, it is a treat from our boss for our hard work on our Spring Expo. She pays the masseuse (sp?) to come and we can either have our feet or our back massaged. She also did my arms and hands and I feel really relaxed. (I would be perfect if my mouth wasn't on fire hurting).

We don't really have any major plans for the weekend. My cousin's baby shower is tomorrow and we'll be going to it. It's supposed to be raining here most of the weekend so we'll see what else we'll do, probably grill out some chicken and play some croquet.

Jennifer: I'm so jealous. I would love to see a broadway play. Enjoy it. The belly dancing sounds like fun. I rented a tape from the library and attempted it one night. I may try it again later.

Apryl: Just think of the fun weekend trips you can have going to see your best friend next year while she's at college. I can't believe your school year is almost over. It seems like yesterday you were telling us you were heading back.

Jenaya: Good luck with the yard sale. I love to have them, I just hate getting ready for them. It seems like it takes weeks.

Howie: That sounds like fun. Enjoy the game.

Gretchen: Good to see you still hanging out with us. I would love to see pics of the nursery. Hopefully your summer won't be too humid. Luckily I was just barely preggo when summers hit. What a horrible time to get those wisdom teeth. That's one of the reasons why these teeth were so bad is because they broke when I was PG and couldn't get them worked on.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:40 AM   #10  

Linda,

Thanks for blowing the warm air this way. We are going from 6 degrees today to 26 in the next couple of days. You are a kind woman - we shall all send our thanks to you!!! Calgary is a regular stomping ground for me. Great shopping and many fun things to do - completely full of Saskatchewan and American people with nothing inbetween. I know what you mean about the kids and the sun and then ourselves. I do the same thing - lather the kids up and then forget me (mind you, my hands stay nice and lily white). Enjoy your island time, I am completely jealous. In 24 hours we go from wearing ski pants and winter coats to shorts and t-shirts. What's up with that??

Gretchen, I bet you are as cute as anything with that little bambino! Don't worry, you will be back at the gym in no time. Enjoy this time of togetherness, all too soon you will get little down time (but tons of fun time!). You have done so well with being healthy during your pregnancy -sorry to hear about the teeth. Enjoy doing the nursery.

Dawnyal - you are right, it does seem like preparing for the yard sale takes weeks. I survived the first three hours of the sale this evening and tomorrow we will have many friends around. I am sure I will be giving things away by the end of the day (funny things happen when you have too many daiquiris, but I will have more strawberries and less rum). Better in someone elses house than in mine...clear all junk, my new motto! By the way, you and your new dress look great!
Jenaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 11:32 AM   #11  
Wife to 1 Mother of 4

Linda
I want some warm air too.
Gretchen
As long as there's some A.C. you'll be fine,(being pregnant in the summer)
Dawnyal
It always get worse before it gets better, I'm thinking about getting braces I hear it's painful. Yes I'm going to join the group of 30 somethings getting braces.

I was wondering how many of us has had gastric bypass? I was thinking about it but I was told I wasn't fat enough. If that's possible, anyway I thought about it and after seeing people who had it, and all that skin O M goodness. Freaked me out! And seeing how sick some of them were. I know it's a God send for some, but for now I'm going to try the natural way see how this works. But what about you guys have you considered it?
Reaferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 02:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Linda - I am in the lower mainland, and its a HOT HOT HOT one! We took a drive up to Harrison Hot Springs, looked at some of the sand castles, dipped our feet in the water and had lunch. I put sunscreen on.. forgot to reapply.. and have burnt shoulders and upper arms. I'm calling them my "sleeves". heh. I wouldn't ever dream of letting my niece out in the sun without sunscreen, with constant reapplying, it's funny what we let slide with ourselves.

Dawnyal - ouchies! I hate sore teeth, my bf was recommended to take Advil liqui-gels for sore wisdom teeth.

Gretchen - I got my wisdom teeth pulled like you did, I got a little freezing, and they yanked them out. One got stuck and the dentist broke it... looking back.. it was almost priceless to see the look on his face when he realized what he did. But good lordy it hurt SO SO badly! They gave me tons of good drugs, however I had an allergic reaction and ended up spending an arm and a leg for drugs which are probably still sitting in my bathroom. heh.

Well I am off to tackle the sun and heat... have a great one!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 05:40 PM   #13  
Linda

Aimee...a local
It's been so awesome hasn't it?
My husband and I had our honeymoon at Harrison Hot Springs Hotel, way back in 1996.
It was wonderful...stayed in the honeymoon suite and everything...it was so much fun.
Was it the big sandcastle weekend there?
Ours is the other major sandcastle competition in BC...in Parksville..I'm not sure when it is this year..but it's pretty fun too.
I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Sending mind boggling heatwaves to anyone and everyone east of me...and I'm almost as west as it gets..

Linda

Last edited by famograham; 05-28-2005 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:34 AM   #14  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hope everyone had a great Memorail Day weekend!

My boyfriend (Jeff) and I went to stay at his mother's on Staurday night. They just moved into this house in the middle of NOWHERE. Now, I grew up in the middle of nowhere (surrounded by trees, state forest across the street from my house, etc.), but since I left home for college in 2000, I have been living in more urban areas (not exactly big cities, but much closer to civilization, at least ). Anyway, the closest store to his mother's house is now a 7-11, and it's almost 15 minutes away! It is insane--I don't want to live in the city when I have a family, but I certainly could never move that far away from one, either!

So, let's talk about my insane fear of anything with more than 4 legs. I hate ALL bugs--the only ones I can *tolerate* without paralyzing fear taking over my body are like flies, ants, ladybugs, and butterflies. Anything else, and I actually get a really dry mouth, can barely talk, and literally just freeze up. I can't even get close enough to a spider to actually squish it, so I have cans of Raid in almost every room of my apartment so I can spray from a slight distance if necessary. That said, Jeff and I stayed in this spare room off the garage at his mother's new house in the middle of nowhere. The room has no carpeting, just a cement floor, bare walls, and a kinda high ceiling. As soon as I walked into the room, I turned on every light and searched for bugs. There was NO way I was sleeping in a room with known critters crawling around all night! The room also had its own very tiny bathroom, which I made Jeff inspect before I could actually go pee So, the room being close-enough to bug-free (there was a tiny spider on the ceiling, but it was far away from the bed, and the ceiling was too high to reach anyway, so I decided to suck it up and let it go), we went to sleep. It was SO hot in that room, and I refused to open any windows for fear of more bugs getting in, so we slept with just the sheet, and I took my pajama shorts off (don't worry, I kept it G-rated--still had underwear and a long t-shirt on--we were in his mother's house, after all!). So, when we woke up in the morning, Jeff went into the bathroom, and I was going to put my shorts back on so we could go to the kitchen for breakfast. Out of my normal paranoid habits, I picked up my shorts from the floor and gently shook them to remove anything that may have crawled in overnight (this became habit after my cousin got bit by a spider that had crawled ontp her beach towel while we were in the pool at her house a few years ago). Now, I didn't really expect anything to have crawled into my shorts on the floor during the night; it's just a habit. Well, I picked up and shook and out fell a HUGE NASTY DARK BROWN SPIDER! I would have screamed if I could have caught my breath. I curled my legs up onto the bed and just stared at it, thinking it would run away if I let it out of my sight. When Jeff came out of the bathroom, I told him to pick up his shoe. He knows of my paranoia and hatred of bugs, so he figured it wasn't a big deal. I pointed, and he smacked it with his sneaker. My hero! So you know how spiders like curl up when they die? Well, it did that--it had it's legs all folded in and became a nasty ball of a spider. But then it started twitching, and then it started unrolling its legs--it was still alive! The little sh!t! Jeff smacked it like 3 more times until it was flattened against the bottom of his shoe. Even he admitted it was a pretty big spider and seemed mildly indestructible, and now you can imagine I'm going to be even MORE paranoid about things like clothing left on the floor from now on! I think next time we visit his mother, we will opt for a hotel (even if the closest one is half an hour away!).
So, that was my Memorial Day weekend experience. Oh, and Jeff ended up getting a speeding ticket on the was home yesterday afternoon, just to top it all off How was everyone else's holiday?
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 11:07 AM   #15  

Jill Yuck. I'm glad you shook those shorts outs. Spiders for the most part don't bother me but we have these huge honkers (jeff calls them wolf spiders, mom and dad call them hay spiders) and they are just scary looking. They are supposed to be good at keeping something or other away so as long as they stay away from me, I leave them alone.

Rea There is a whole section on this here. It is something I have thought about and know that it isn't something I could do. I commend those who have had it done though. I know a lot of people think it's an easy out to have any of those procedures done but if you really start looking at all they go through all they have to go through to keep the weight off, it is way more than I am willing to do.

We had a decent weekend. Went to the baby shower while dropping off Jeff and Lilly at the urgent care clinic. He's got bronchial pneumonia and Lilly had poison ivy or bites that were close to developing infintigo (sp?) so she's on an antibiotic and a cream 2x a day. Her's is almost cleared up. It was cooler this weekend and a bit gray but the sun came out yesterday so we got in some swimming. My teeth are still giving me fits. I took my last painkiller yesterday and was able to wear them for about 6 hours. I tried taking some advil to put them back in this morning but it just didn't happen. They are rubbing 2 spots raw in my mouth and I'm going to give the dentist a call in a minute to see if that is supposed to happen and what I can do to get them to stop. I've tried using some benzodent (for this kind of problem) and it's been hit or miss whether or not it helps with the pain.