Old 05-18-2005, 11:28 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Claire, I relate to you the most out of these posts! I mean, I like clothes and all, but it's mostly the act of obtaining them, and I have very little patience for shopping so I don't do it all that much. I'm a man at heart sometimes, LOL.

But I think it's a good idea to have clothes in smaller sizes. I remember when I lost a lot of weight in high school, I got rid of all of my "fat clothes," not that I wish I had kept them because it's stuff i'd never wear now, but on principal I sort of wish I had! I've heard it's really not a good idea to do that, though.

I definitely want to buy a pair of cheap-ish size 14 or 16 pants and make a goal of getting into them by the end of the summer...
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 02:58 PM   #17  

I moved countries 3 years ago and culled all the clothes that no longer fit. Now I have lost weight and have to buy clothes as I don't have a stash!!! But that's ok, I deserve nice new ones!!! I have already given away a large number of clothes that no longer fit, I am not keeping them as I don't want to even entertain a thought in my mind that I will return to my previous size. This has got to be permanent!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 04:48 PM   #18  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

The NEW CLOTHES STASH is the stash I am building of clothes in the size I plan to get to. I have just come home from shopping, and I bought two different suits in a size 12. (I haven't worn a 12 in way over a decade.) I am currently in a 16. I had gone to look at buying some stretch pants for working out, and got excited when I saw these. I couldn't see spending much for stuff I won't wear long, so I got them in the size I plan to be. I am expecting it will take me about 3 months more to get into them. However long it takes, it takes. I needed the motivational lift, and I think this will do it. I really like the blue suit, and the grey is such a nice wool. I have to keep in mind my goal, not only of size, but of being able to dress with some style. I think this is just what I needed. I did also buy a stylish pink silk blouse that I can wear now.
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 05:58 PM   #19  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Don't have a big stash, just a couple of pairs of jeans that I love and fit into before I got pregnant with my first baby in 1997-a pair of Gap jeans, mens size 38 waist, and a pair of size 14 jeans. I also have two shirts and some slinky stuff DH bought me to shrink back into. I recently bought a pair of snug fitting but comfortable size 16 pants for work, have been wearing them too!
Maybe I'm weird, but I like to buy new underwear! I was so excited when my panties got too loose and baggy to wear anymore and I had to go down in size. I even bought a pair of cute, lacy panties in size 8 even though I'm currently wearing a size 9. Can't wait for them to fit. LOL I'm going to need to by some new bras soon too, my current bras are getting too big. Wondered when the boob shrinkage was going to start.
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 09:22 PM   #20  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

I hear you on the bras! One of the things I want to do is get measured by a professional fitter and buy some that really fit well. We ladies need a good foundation. Do I hear an amen?

And I have the baggy drawers right now (Howie says amen). I mistakenly bought the hi-cut briefs, too, so they're really odd looking when baggy.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:41 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default Speaking of bras. . .

Baggie high-cut briefs--the visual is interesting!

So on the official bra thread, I read that you take the measurement somewhere around the nipple line. My question: where the nipple currently is or where you want it to end up once you get a good-fitting bra?

Gardenwife, if you find a chain shop where the staff is trained to measure well, let us know, will you? I might even head to the big city to get a new bra that really does make me look 10 lbs. thinner.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 11:10 PM   #22  
Howie6267's Honey

I've often wondered about the actual-nippleline versus the wannabe-nippleline. I was thinking about checking out Lane Bryant. Our local Sears store used to have an older lady employed there who did measurements for customers, too. I just don't want some skinny little 18-year-old doing it.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:43 PM   #23  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

On a similar point I've noticed that when I measure my hips I now have to do it in a different place to measure the widest point. Before it was very much measuring a bit of belly further up, but now my hips seem to be where they're meant to be.

No sign of my nipple measurement benefiting from excessive perkiness though yet
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 01:10 AM   #24  
Black Belt In Training

I thought this page had some good information about measuring for a new bra. Even dug out my tape measure. LOL Jeesh, who thought figuring out the correct size bra could involve so much work?!
Plus Size Bras-A Consumer Information Provider

Last edited by taekwondomom; 07-13-2005 at 01:39 AM.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:03 AM   #25  
Howie6267's Honey

Oooh, great link - thanks! I bet Howie would help measure, but it might get, uh, too involved.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:12 AM   #26  
Black Belt In Training

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenwife
Oooh, great link - thanks! I bet Howie would help measure, but it might get, uh, too involved.
Um, as long as you get the measurements written down before things get out of hand... you can always visit the website later.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:36 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Funny ladies...

I too have to confess to a clothes stash. Not too much, we've gone to business casual at work a few years ago, so I don't need any of my old suits (thank g-d I won't have to buy new ones)

I do have jeans, anywhere from 20W down to 12. The 20's are too big (I gave them away), the 18's are getting ridiculous! I'm on to the 16's!!!

I did have to buy new undies recently though...the XL's I've been wearing since my son was born 3 years ago were wayyyy too big. It's all good!
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote