3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Weekly Weigh in 5/16 to 5/22 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/58021-weekly-weigh-5-16-5-22-a.html)

BethC 05-16-2005 08:58 AM

Weekly Weigh in 5/16 to 5/22

Good Morning everyone,

I'll get the week started...

I lost 1lb to get me to my WW 10%!!!

Next, it's on to Onderland!

Have a good week everyone, good luck on your weigh-ins. :)

treefrogtoes 05-16-2005 09:40 AM

Great job Beth!!

I took a running jump off my stinking plateau... after 3 weeks of being at 264, I'm proud to announce that my scale showed me at 257 this morning!!!

7 pounds!?!?!! I'll take it with a great big smile!

~~Sunshine~~ 05-16-2005 12:47 PM

Good job!! I am down another 2 lbs this week! So 26 lbs all together !! Woohoo!

howie6267 05-16-2005 01:49 PM

Wow Sara 7 lbs what a way to break a platue. You rock! Good job Beth and Sunshine. I hope to have a good loss this week after a gain last week. I'm hopeing it was just water last week.

artist 05-17-2005 03:40 AM

Great job, Beth, Sara and Sunshine - that's a good way to start the week!

As for me, well my friends I am asking you for some scientific explanations here, because I am a bit baffled....

I was away on a great vacation in Turkey 2 weeks ago, where I did eat more than I should have, and move less than I should have - but was pretty shocked to come back, find the courage to get on the scale, and see I had gained 8 pounds - in a week. I have been right back on track for a week, and have lost 7 pounds. I assume that the old water is responsible for quite a lot of this - but it still seems quite extreme to me. Normally I am the slow but steady type........

Regardless of the numbers, I am feeling really good. The truth is, that overeating/eating too much sugar/fat, and not exercising really really disagrees with me now - and I feel so much better when I am eating healthily and exercising. I want to make sure I remember that next time I am strongly tempted to make some lousy choices!

PeachGirl 05-17-2005 08:12 AM

This week I lost 2 lbs, good bye 230's, HellooOO 220's :D

Gratz to all the losers this week!!

teapotdynamo 05-17-2005 08:59 AM

Claire,

This happens to me all the time, too. I really do think when we eat less healthy food in larger quantities, it affects our water balance significantly. I always have to tell myself that there's NO WAY it's all fat, because that would require 3500 extra calories for every single pound. That's just not possible in a week or so, unless you're making yourself physically ill with every meal. But is it frustrating? Heck, yeah!!!!

In fact, I can REALLY sympathize, because I'm down 3 of my 5 vacation pounds to 184 (and that's with TOM and its water weight bloat... I expect to be back down a couple more this week, since I was at 182 on Friday).

So, congrats on the loss of that vacation water weight!

Howie, good luck to you this week! My advice to Claire holds for you as well, of course :).

And a big congrats to Beth (Onederland will be here faster than you know it), Sara, Sunshine, and PG (doesn't a new "decade" feel great?).

Sea 05-17-2005 10:33 AM

Congrats Beth! You're leading the way for us to keep motivated and on track when we face that dreaded P word. Good going.

Claire, while it is a large amount, it probably is mostly water. Not only can your eating affect it, but for some reason the humidity of the climate you are in can affect your water retention, too. When I went to Okinawa with the Air Force I learned that almost everyone gained about 8 - 10 lbs. Other wives told me that was normal and from the weather difference. A similar amount dropped off when I returned to stateside. Also, consider not just the calories, but perhaps salt content of the food you were eating when off plan during vacation.

It's a good week for me. Doubling my exercise brought a 5 lb. loss.

DishyFishy 05-17-2005 12:02 PM

Way to go, losers! :cp:

Sara: Your 7 pound loss really highlights why we should stick with the plan even when it doesn't "appear" to be working. Well done! :high:

Sea: Great advertisement for exercise. I hadn't made a commitment to get moving yet even though I knew I should. Your post has given me the reason to start. Thanks. :)

I'm down 2 pounds this week.

nhmommy 05-17-2005 10:22 PM

258 although my scale at home says I have lost 4 pounds the one at the docs office says I'm the same. I am starting with a nutritionist Friday

missaprylj 05-17-2005 10:57 PM

I am at 230 even for my first "official" weigh-in. :) Good luck everyone.

famograham 05-19-2005 12:51 PM

Wow, great job everyone :dancer:

I'm down two more pounds this week for a total of 11 lbs since April 15th.
Started at 225, now 214 :)
Reached my first ten pound goal..and now one pound into my second :dizzy:

:cheer:

Linda

Jenaya 05-19-2005 11:40 PM

Hi - wonderful work everyone! Congrats to all those breaking new numbers, what a wonderful feeling. I certainly haven't been to Turkey (but how wonderful that must have been) but I have been vacationing in the Rockies and it shows. While there was opportunity to be hiking, I was visiting. Had a wonderful time but didn't lose this week but nor did I gain - so I am alright with that. Stayed the same - here is hoping for a loss next week.

SuchAPrettyFace 05-19-2005 11:48 PM

Congrats, losers!!! :)

I am back to 318. I had a feeling the 316 was just a fluke, and I was right. This is my lesson: ALWAYS weigh @ the same scale every week!

skandrews 05-20-2005 07:58 AM

Hi all.

I just recommitted to my diet plan almost two weeks ago (after being off it for almost 3 1/2 months) and had a wonderful first week-I lost 7 lbs (would have loved to donated more but I'll take the 7). My weigh-ins are 3 times a week (Mondays-Wednesdays-Fridays) as I am on LA Weight loss. Since this Monday I have lost an additional 1 lb and am hoping to get another lb down when I weigh in after work today.

I love reading everyones posts...I find them very inspirational. Support and inspiration is so important.

Good luck everyone!