3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Howie's Weekend Challenge (week 5) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/57529-howies-weekend-challenge-week-5-a.html)

Jillegal 05-06-2005 02:36 PM

Howie's Weekend Challenge (week 5)

Seeing as its Friday afternoon, I hope you don't mind that I started it for you, Howie!

Okay folks, here we go again - another weekend just around the corner and for many of us it will be a bit of a struggle because of Mother's Day. Let's all stay strong and keep going. These weekends are adding up and so will our loss totals if we keep our focus and determination!

We can all do it! I challenge you!! :D

kykaree 05-06-2005 04:58 PM

I have a whole week off, on my own coz hubby is still working. So my weekend challenge will be 7 days long!!!! Wish me luck!!! I am going to go swimming every morning for sure, not sure what else I will get up to, but I will have a lot more time to post, which I am really looking forward to!

Keillynsmom 05-06-2005 05:22 PM

I was hoping there'd be another weekend challenge -- I completely blew it last weekend.

My goals for the weekend are to stay on plan food-wise and up my daily mileage from 5 miles to 7.5 miles (since, supposedly, I'd have more time to walk on the weekend -- how come it never feels that way?).

Thanks, Jill!

howie6267 05-06-2005 08:57 PM

Hey thanks for starting this Jill. I forgot all about it. Today is my treat day but we have healthy plans for the rest of the weekend. I may even go swiming tomorrow.

SuchAPrettyFace 05-07-2005 02:01 AM

I am helping at our annual Bark in the Park for the humane society tomorrow, morning is the registration table, afternoon is the lunch crew, selling hotdogs, sodas & chips. Bleh. I am getting a treat breakfast, but prolly will pick up a salad or something on the way for my lunch.

Sunday is the brunch, will stop @ one drink & will stick to what I had planned on. :)

Jillegal 05-07-2005 02:59 AM

Well, I figure the weekend didn't start until after work, Friday, so my earlier indiscretion doesn't count and I'm still in the challenge for this weekend. Saturday is jammed packed with things to do and I'm geared up to behave at the Mother's Day get together (she said in a very determined voice!)

howie6267 05-07-2005 10:46 AM

I did really bad last night. Sliped into old habits and let my treat turn into a free for all. Back at it today and will be on plan the rest of the weekend.

kykaree 05-07-2005 04:25 PM

I went to the gym this morning (Saturday) and then walked into the village with dh, had a good healthy lunch, then blew it with dessert oops!!! Never mind, that will just have to do for my treat of the weekend!!!

It's so easy to fall into old habits again, isn't it?? I have had a bit of a week, job interviews and things, and have been ready to reach for the chocolate. The desire to comfort eat is still there, but I am keeping a lid on it so far.

Keillynsmom 05-09-2005 01:29 PM

Oh, well. Didn't do any of my goals. I didn't do badly exactly -- still low carb, just not as low carb as I wanted and didn't get in the miles (lots of yardsaling, a little swimming). So, I didn't undo my week's work, just didn't further the Cause, so to speak.

Yes, it is really hard to break old habits. But, as my favorite teacher says, "It's only hard." Sometimes, I know what that means.