Old 04-28-2005, 02:52 PM   #1  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Default Non Scale Victory April

I didn't see another thread for this ~ so forgive me if I have started a second one.

I had a non scale victory this week. I traveled by plane (went out to Kansas City, Missouri where I used to live to visit friends). Previously when I had traveled, I had to stretch the seat belt out as far as it would go. This time, I was able to get the end of it to tighten and actually had a few inches of the strap sticking out. Yippee!! Funny how the littlest things can make you feel so good and encouraged to keep going.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

that is awesome gayle. WTG!!!
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 05:31 PM   #3  

I can so relate to that Gayle. Today we went to a bar I was sitting in a stool with curved arms drinking my diet coke when I suddenly realised that 6 months ago we were at the same bar and I had to stand because I physically could not get into the seat!!! I was shifting my body around into so many positions tonight because I could!!!

I can't wait to take a flight with my new tummy!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 05:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Wow! Those are great NSVs. You should be so proud of yourselves for how far you've come.

Kykaree, I read on the other thread where you're going to take the train and go wherever. That sounds like so much fun. Don't really have trains where I am, but there were, I'd definitely do something like that.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 06:39 PM   #5  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Gayle & kykaree - great successes! I have a couple to share...

I had my body fat measured today at the YMCA. It's gone from a 2/14/2005 reading of 39.5% down to 34% today!

I think the biggest non-scale victory of all, however, has been in my thought patterns. Going grocery shopping is exciting for me now, with all those healthful and delicious choices just waiting to go in my cart and into my kitchen. I've found that I really *love* eating right, love coming up with recipes that make those good choices really shine.

It's exciting when you see how your mind really CAN change if you stick with something long enough. It's amazing to me.

I'm shrinking, yes, but that's just a part of the whole wonderful package deal. The fitness lady at the YMCA today asked me if Howie and I would write an article about our weight loss and what we're doing to become fit; she wants to put it in the brochure. How cool is that? It's really humbling, and it's exciting to know we have the potential of encouraging so many people. You can bet 3FC will get a hearty mention!
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 07:13 PM   #6  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Ooh, early reward time! I just found a pair of Venezia 20-tall black boot cut jeans on clearance at Lanebryant.com for $9.99 + 4.99 shipping! I'm psyched now, gotta get down a pants size so I can wear them! I went back to change my order to two pair, but they only had the one. Hope their inventory's accurate and that the ONE pair arrives!
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 08:06 AM   #7  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Kykaree ~ that is really neat ~ your bar stool experience

Kimberly ~ how cool for you and Howie ~ being asked to write about your experiences and have it in the Y brochure and being able to help others that way.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 12:38 PM   #8  
maintainer wannabe

That must have felt so nice Gayle. I could see myself playing with that little tail the whole trip. Its so nice to see something that you can even touch.

kykaree what a fun thing to realise!

Kimberly, the food just tastes better too doesn't it? I'm calorie counting too and trying to eat healthier so I can relate to your biggest bang for the calorie. Before dieting meant eating less of what I liked. Now that I added the healthy part I'm eating more and enjoying it. There is so much that is a healthy choice.

Good deal on the pants! I know they'll fit soon but they might not fit long

Catherine EDD#11 June 24th
mabear's homepage
highest non pg weight 272/cw - 237/gw - 155
Restarted in Jan 17 '05. Trying to maintain for pregnancy.
mabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 01:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

WTG Kimberley. That is so great on the BF% and on a great bargain on those jeans. Those are probably my favorite type. I'm glad you like to grocery shop. I'm still in the "it's such a chore" phase. I know when I was eating well I enjoy shopping, especially in the summer when all the fresh produce comes in.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote