Old 04-24-2005, 02:22 PM   #16  

You look fab after your spa trip, well done!!! I had my eyebrows waxed for the first time last year. The therapist laughed each time she went rip, she said I was about to mark her nice newly painted ceiling!!! I had my facial after the waxing, and that made a big difference, they still stung afterwards though. I too ibuprofen before my torture too - I am a wimp. I have very thick, bushy, man-like brows. i now usually pluck them, now I know what shape they should be.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 09:16 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by funniegrrl
Once I had my first pedicure (a little over a year ago, at the age of 41) I never looked back. I'm just sayin' ... if you've put off doing these things because you think they are "not you" or that you don't deserve them or need them because you are overweight ... don't! If you want to plan for them as a reward for reaching an intermediate goal, I think that's great. But don't put them off until you get to your final goal if you can afford them financially. You deserve to take care of yourself and look your best no matter what you weigh. In fact, I found that doing these things only made me more optimistic and determined about sticking to my program and getting to goal. The more I pay attention to self-care in general, and to grooming, the better I feel NOW, and the better I feel about my progress and the more confident I feel about reaching my goal. It's a cycle, one feeds the next.

Funniegirl...thanks for sharing your thoughts. I needed to hear this. I have never have my nails done, had a massage or any facial treatments. I think I have always felt too awkward because I wasn't in my ideal body yet. This past weekend, my hubbie and I set up 2 pedicure appts for next Saturday, one for his mother and one for me. We are surprising his mom for mother's day. I have already talked myself out of getting one. But now I think I'll take the leap and do this for myself. I plan on recommitting this week to better choices after a not so hot week of eating and low activity. This will be my reward...and a way to challenge my comfort zone.

Thanks again!

Beverly, thanks for sharing your pics. You look fabulous! You are such an inspiration!!
ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote