Old 04-19-2005, 09:06 PM   #1  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Default A question about elipticals

I am thinking about maybe getting an eliptical machine for at home. Do any of you have one at home ~ if so what type do you have? Do you like it?

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by glynne; 04-19-2005 at 09:16 PM.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 11:45 AM   #2  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

Height: 5'9"

I have a Weslo from Walmart, it was just over $300. I love it, use it everyday. I want to 'upgrade' to a ProForm (Sears) because they are smoother and quieter.
treefrogtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:33 PM   #3  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Default Use caution if you're short

Hi Gayle,

I'm only 5' tall, and when I used one, it was completely awkward and hurt my knees because the motion was totally unnatural for my stature.
The stride was huge for my little legs.
BUT
That was several years ago, and I don't know what advancements have been made since then.

My advice, find a good store and try 'em all before thinking about buying one.

We just got a treadmill in January and looked like geeks in the store trying them all, but we're really happy with the one we got, and are OK with the $1700.00 we spent.

Hope that helps,
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 11:16 PM   #4  
WW Moderator

Definitely try it out before you buy it. They all feel different. Suzanne has one, and I was very disappointed in how short the stride was. It put too much pressure on my knees and it was painful. I tried one out at Sears, I think it was a NordicTrak, and it felt wonderful. The stride was much longer, and wasn't at a sharp incline. However, I've heard a lot of bad things about that brand, so I wouldn't recommend it.

I am hoping to find a TreadClimber locally to try out. The foot panels move up and down like a stair climber, or you can keep them still for a short treadmill. Looks great, but at that price, I'm not buying unless I can get on it first.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote