Old 04-15-2005, 04:26 PM   #16  

I looked at Target swimsuits, and I liked the designs and the PRICES, but I had to go with one I found at JC Penny that was a lot more expensive, but had lots of bust support. My poor boobies are so deflated that they need a LOT of help, and the light support in inexpensive swimsuits (and even some more expensive ones) just don't do the job. *sigh*
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 05:49 PM   #17  

AND ... if you shop at Chadwick's, I just HAPPEN to have a coupon code that's good through 4/18 for 25% off any one item; they'll take it off the most expensive item you order. It works at Jessica London, too:

2151-61149-1349
Old 04-15-2005, 06:18 PM   #18  
Jennifer

Thanks, FG!

Funny that you mention the Target swimsuit boobie issue, because that was a dealbreaker for me with many I tried on, too. But the one I ended up getting had an acceptable level of support (less than I usually use, but enough to keep it from being vulgar!).

Thanks for the coupon code... we'll see what I can rustle up.
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 02:11 AM   #19  
Live for the Moment!

Jennifer - Holy Moly Girl! You're doing fantastic on your journey - I'm so proud of you.. I remember when you first started! Wow, you're truly an inspiration. And don't you worry, soon ALL of the plus sizes will be long gone!

Have you found a dress yet? Make sure to keep us posted when you do.. and like always, I want to see pictures!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 02:30 AM   #20  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Ok, I know I'll get a lot of flack for suggesting this site. But it is my absolute FAV for buying dresses. It's just... well.... expensive!!!

They are GREAT for the inbetween sixes (plus-->regular).

But if anyone cares, their clothes hold up great! Even the DRY CLEAN ONLY that the Cute boyfriend threw in the washer AND the dryer. I almost had a heart attack.

http://www.kiyonna.com

Last edited by Goddess Jessica; 04-17-2005 at 08:19 PM.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 04:32 PM   #21  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Jessica
the DRY CLEAN ONLY that the Cute boyfriend threw in the washer AND the dryer. I almost had a heart attack.
My heart just stopped!!!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 09:27 PM   #22  
missaprylj

Yeah... while we're on the topic; I need to get a prom dress that is acceptably stylish and not meant for "the church lady" I've gotten my last 2 formal dresses at Younkers.... but they were 3/4 lengths. I want a full length for my Jr. prom. Any suggestions?
Old 04-17-2005, 12:28 AM   #23  

Jessica London has some nice "special occasion" dresses. They aren't exactly YOUNG, but they're not church lady either, more on the sophisticated and classic side.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:18 PM   #24  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Torrid young prom dress stuff is WAY cool.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:10 AM   #25  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Jennifer and Apryl: I LOVE Alight.com. REALLY cute stuff!
Jennifer: JJill.com is a little pricier, but has really lovely, stylish stuff that's made well.

Good luck to both of you! I just purchased a whole new wardrobe because I really had just nothing to wear and am also going away to St. Maarten for a week and had literally NOTHING that fit. When I was steadily losing all of last year, I got smaller sizes of *just enough* clothing to get me through the weeks until I was another size smaller -- and last summer I was a bit heavier than I am now, and donated those clothes besides, since I lost still more before starting the chemo and then regaining some. And since I don't have the energy to shop for hours, I did all my purchasing online: JJill, Alight, Newport News, Speigel, Coldwater Creek, and Zappo's (for shoes.) I went OFF because I'm feeling so blue about my appearance -- mostly bald, up 21 pounds, no eyebrows, almost no eyelashes, several new scars......I've been prettier, I tell you! So some retail therapy did wonders! (And so do make-up, cool hats, and false eyelashes!) I'm doing my best to work it.....
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 05:00 PM   #26  
Abby's Mommy

Oooh...Sarah, St Maartin...You LLOOOOOVE it! My mom jsut gat back home from a cruise to there on Saturday!

Has anyone mentioned Anthropologie? They're pricy, but realllllly cute!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 10:37 PM   #27  
Jennifer

Hey, guys -- I just wanted to thank you again for all your help and tell you that I FOUND A DRESS!!!! I'm thrilled, becuase it actually is a size 16 from Ann Taylor Loft, and what's even better is that it was significantly marked down. When I was trying it on, I immediately jumped to the conclusion that it was too small, but then I remembered watching my skinny friends try on clothes and thought... "hm, maybe it's supposed to actually fit like this!!!" I zipped it up and realized it fit just like it was supposed to -- snug but comfortable. Unfortunately, there's no picture of it on the website, so I will have to take a picture of it myself (maybe even with me in it - ha!).

I'm still a little nervous about my arms, which are still flabby, so I got a little cotton shrug to go over it. I'm hoping to have the courage to go without it -- hubby says it's better by itself.

Still gotta get shoes and jewelry, but I'm RELIEVED and absolutely thrilled to have another store where I can shop!!!! I'll be even more excited when I make that next jump from 16 to 14.

The head stuff is next -- I still feel like an interloper in the skinny girl stores. But nobody even looked at me funny when I took the dresses into the dressing room, so I think it is in my head at this point.

Thanks again for your help. Hope your seach goes well, too, Apryl!!!!
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote