Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 02:08 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobsMommy
Beth!!! Aren't they the best. I eat a whole one for breakfast or cut it in half (only 2 points that way!) and have a 1/2 as a snack. Biobaby taught me that!!

That's what I've always found confusing. The whole bar is 5 pts, but when you cut it in half, it's 2pts....where does the extra point go?? Cleveland?
Old 04-21-2005, 02:30 PM   #92  
mom5kidz

I have started late, once again, today. Went back to bed, after taking girls to school, and didn't get back up until 1:30

Here is what I've eaten so far

1 can of tuna with FF dressing

2 scrambled eggs w/1oz of cheese

Walked, 1 mile

2 small pieces of fish w/FF dressing

1 medium apple

Last edited by kclay61; 04-21-2005 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:36 PM   #93  
Abby's Mommy

Hi everybody...I think I'll jump in here too. I've finally had a whole week of eating on plan, so I'll just start with today.
~~9:00 am 2 tall glasses of water & vitamins
~~Breakfast 10:00 am
1 tall glass water
fat free banana yogurt
oatmeal-raisin granola bar Total 4 points

~~ Lunch 12:30
2 tall glasses lemon water
grilled chicken tenderloin salad from Cracker Barrel ( lettus, spinich, carrots, tomatos, onions, little shredded cheese, and crutons)
without the big chunk of colby they serve it with
with fat free italian dressing
and 3 bites of a strawberry shortcake that we split between 5 people.

Im guessing my whole lunch was about 10 points. Not sure exactly, but that must be pretty close.

Last edited by Ivanna B. Skinny; 04-21-2005 at 02:51 PM.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:42 PM   #94  
Devilish Little Thing

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

Height: 5ft5

Oddly enough, the day that I don't feel that hungry is the day were I use up more points

So far: 15 of my 26 pts used

Breakfast - 4pts:

1 slim fast chocolate drink (didnt feel like eating breakfast - so I drank it! )

Midday - 7pts:

1 item boneless chicken breast w/1 cup mixed greens, 1/4 cup Kraft 2% Milk Reduced Fat Natural Shredded Cheese Cheddar & Monterey Jack 1/2 cup Green Giant Sweet Peas, 1/3 cup Green Giant Niblets Corn, No Added Salt Or Sugar

Evening - ?pts

Not sure yet, maybe a light salad or wrap or something (something not bad that is)

Snack - 4pts
1 item bagel, medium w/1 Tbsp cream cheese
Old 04-21-2005, 02:47 PM   #95  
Crazy Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie6267
Jillegal are you sure that's not the stats for Go Lean Crunch. I have the Go Lean box right here and it's only 140 calories for 1 cup and 1 gram of fat.
Arrrghhh, I knew it! Its all part of the Kashi conspiracy to make losing weight more difficult for Canucks! I typed those stats right off of my box of Go Lean (not Crunch). I even scanned my box and emailed it to you (@ HMan). Would you be kind enough to do the same so I can send them both to Kashi and ask about the discrepancy? Okay, it doesn't sound like such a big deal at first, but that's 350 additional calories a week!

Anyway, had a great workout on my hike and drank 1 litre of lime flavoured mineral water afterwards. Lunch was 1c tomato garlic couscous (recipe a few pages back), 1/2 can drained salmon with ground pepper and dash of lemon juice, 1 cup seedless grapes.

Last edited by Jillegal; 04-21-2005 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:24 PM   #96  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Jill -

Follow the link in my earlier post. It has what howie has.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:37 PM   #97  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie6267
Jillegal are you sure that's not the stats for Go Lean Crunch. I have the Go Lean box right here and it's only 140 calories for 1 cup and 1 gram of fat.
Yep, same here, Howie and Jill. My box is in agreement with Howie's. I only eat the Go Lean original, not the Crunch, because the counts are better pretty much across the board. I like the flavor just fine -- I mix it evenly with my All Bran Extra Fiber every morning, as you can see from my entries here! I'm even taking them both to St. Maarten, along with my no carb/no fat/low sugar/low sodium protein powder so I can start my day out right every morning there! If I eat more at the B & B's breakfast, I'll stick to fruit. We have cooking facilities and a refrigerator in the room, so I'll enjoy a healthy breakfast on our room's deck 14 yards from the ocean!

Jill I saw your post in response to Howie, and I don't get that at all!! Very weird! Have you checked out their website yet to see if there's anything posted there? Those are significant discrepancies!
Old 04-21-2005, 04:53 PM   #98  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Yes I can scan that and send it to you. That is strange that it would be like that. At least it means you have been eating less calories than you thought. Then again maybe we have been eating more. As Sandi said if you go to the website that was listed above they have the same as my box.

Last edited by howie6267; 04-21-2005 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:53 PM   #99  

OK you guys are tempting me with your talk of Kashi....I will see if I can buy it over here in the UK. Normally a porridge eater, but would be nice to have a change occasionally....

Did well today, especially proud that went to a movie, followed by Chinese restaurant tonight, and made good healthy choices....

So, today I ate

Smoked salmon, quark, pickled cucumber
Tuna salad, no dressing
Fruit salad
Hot and sour soup
Scallops with vegetables, rice

30 mins walk
Old 04-21-2005, 07:25 PM   #100  
Crazy Canuck

Now I'm totally confused I've discovered one thing - American Kashi is made by Kashi in the USA, while Kashi cereal in Canada is made by Kelloggs Canada Perhaps Kelloggs is messing with the original recipe! I'm going to get to the bottom of this, because those extra 350 calories are going straight to MY bottom, I just know it!

Okay, this is crazy! Look at the Kashi Go Lean stats at THIS site!

http://www.elook.org/nutrition/cereals/3132.html

Well, time to put Kashi out of my system for the time being because I have to get back to work...but it really makes you wonder who you can trust!

I made it through the firm-client dinner okay. Started with wild mushroom soup (not creamed), then had a bowl of romaine with a little parmesan and some garlicky dressing (only had a little since it looked too creamy) then a chicken breast that had been braised in red wine, rosemary and tyme (tasty). Finished off with some asparagus and 3 tiny new potatoes. Skipped the dessert , but had cream in my coffee. Now I'm sitting at my desk drinking gallons of water and posting at 3FC instead of doing my assigned research!

Guess I'm done with the food for tonight. I'll wake the dog up when I get home (around 1am) and take her for a drag around the block.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:50 PM   #101  
Born Loser

If it's made by a different company I'm sure they are doing something and the box lable is probably correct. Maybe we could start a fund raiser called Save Jillegals Bottom. We could print posters and everything. The proceeds could go to buying you the American Kashi and sending it to you.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:12 PM   #102  
Crazy Canuck

Sounds like a plan, Howie! Though I'm not too keen on saving THIS bottom ... how about "Help Shrink Jillegal's Bottom"? Mind you, I don't need much of an excuse to go to the States to shop...
Old 04-21-2005, 08:16 PM   #103  
Born Loser

Ok shrinking it is.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:08 PM   #104  
Abby's Mommy

Ok...I finished off my day quite nicely, I think.
~~Snack
1 chocolate & caramel crunch Slimfast snack bar--2 points
~~Dinner
Homemade baked chicken breast nuggets --8 points
Baked french fries-- 3 points
BIG salad, with carrots, onion, celery and lite ranch-- 1 point
1/2 C lite cottage cheese--2 points

~~WORKOUT: 35 mins HIIT elliptical, arm andleg weights, and crunches
+ 6 activity points

~~Dessert
1/2 C orange sherbet--3 points

Daily Total 33 points-6 Activity points= 27 total points(used 2 flex)
Old 04-21-2005, 10:38 PM   #105  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillegal
"Help Shrink Jillegal's Bottom
I'm in! I'm always up for a worthy cause.

Sounds like everybody's doing well! Howie, your eating habits have really come so far; don't you look back on your progress and just feel so positive about it? I'm really proud of you and Kimberley. It's got to be so great to do it together. Lorraine's still not on board -- she keeps saying, "I've got to do something about this," but then she doesn't follow through. I also don't have the energy these days to consistently pre-plan and then prepare all of our meals all the time. (And she just LOOOOVES her some beef, so if I'm not doing the cooking, odds are, we're looking at on the table!)

I had my chemo today. 8 down, 4 more to go! I'll talk about it on my blog once I get enough energy to write about it.

My eats were ok today, but I'd have preferred the calories were a bit lower and the protein a bit higher. But, all in all, not too bad. I also have trouble drinking as much fluid as I'd like on chemo day, so my 80 oz. are a little low as well.

Today’s eats, 4/21:

Breakfast: ½ cup All Bran Extra Fiber and ½ cup Kashi Go Lean Fiber w/8 oz. skim milk; 1 protein drink
Mid-AM: 5 reduced fat Triscuits; 4 low-fat vanilla crème cookies; 4 oz. cranberry juice; 4 oz. orange juice (all of this was during 4 hours of chemo)
Lunch: 5 oz. grilled chicken breast with about 2 tbsp. of teriyaki sauce, a pinch of sesame seed, and 1 cup jasmine rice; ¾ cup miso soup with tofu; 1 cup spicy green beans; 1 vegetable spring roll
Dinner: 6 oz. grilled tenderloin steak w/1 tbsp. A-1 sauce and about 10 spears plain steamed asparagus
Water: 80 oz. water and 8 oz. juice
Calories: 1804; 25% fat / 30% protein / 45% carb
Closed Thread