Good, Bad and Ugly

• First, the Good~

I went into Lane Bryant today to pick up some spring clothing. I grabbed a few cute tops and shorts and some capris. I started with a 16. Guess what? Too big! Then I tried a 14, the smallest I could find. Guess what? Too Big again! I am proud to say I don't need to shop at a speciality store anymore. I am amazed that in 10 months I've gone from wearing a Lane Bryant 26, to being small enough to not need Lane Bryant anymore. What a great feeling!

Next, the Bad~

Now I have to shop at stores with "Average" sizes. Everyone in the store was rail thin and I felt huge. SIGH . . . so much for my inflated ego.

Finally, the Ugly ~

Looking for incentive to really push your new lifestyle into overdrive? Need inspiration? Need something to get you going? Take a peek at your butt in the dressing room mirror under those florescent lights! UUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!! I have the ugliest but ever! And those thighs? It's back to induction for me. Save me from my Ugly @&& Dr. Atkins! UUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!
  • Big fish in the small pond syndrome, huh? Keep up the good work, you'll be an average fish before you know it. Rail thin ain't all THAT. Some junk in the trunk is good.
  • wow from a 26 all the way out of the store? YOu go girl! that is fantastic! LOL..yeah all those tiny things can put a damper on the shopping but at least now you have a much wider selection to choose from!
  • Shelley,

Boy, do I feel your pain! I have had the same phenomenon of not fitting into Lane Bryant stuff anymore (waaaaay too large on top, although I still fit into 14/16 pants from there) but still being intimidated by "regular" stores. In fact, I'm at such a weird size now that sometimes I won't fit into Lane Bryant stuff, but some regular stores' (particularly stores targeted to younger, hipper types where the largest size is an "L") largest sizes are slightly too small. So I'm kind of in nowomansland in some cases. While I do enjoy having more choices, I will be relived when I am COMPLETELY in normal sizes, that's for sure.

And with me, it's not my butt, which I actually kinda like (junk in the trunk, indeed! ), but do I ever relate on my thighs, upper arms, and belly.

Hang in there, girl. We will make it!!!!!!!! Don't let the skinny chicks get you down.
  • Congratulations! What a great feeling that must be to be out of the LB clothes! And don't be down on yourself--most men will tell you that they prefer a woman with an ample behind over rail thin girls (not that that should influence our feelings about our bodies, but in my extensive research, I've found the media's ideal of beauty is not what's actually preferred).
  • I haven't actually tried on clothes in a store's changing room in a long, long time. I hate the way the lighting makes you look about a million times worse. Not just body size but skin tone is so awful too.
  • Shelley,

92 pounds in 10 months--that is AWESOME! I'm in a Lane Bryant 22 for pants, 26/28 for shirts (I have no butt to hold up any bigger pants, but so many rolls and back fat that I need a BIG shirt!). I also have itty bitty boobs compared to what Lane Bryant apparently thinks I should have (sorry for TMI to any men reading this), so their shirts are always baggy at the top when they fit around my gut. I am really hoping to become somewhat more proportional as I lose weight. Of course, I have found in the past that it seems to leave my butt first, which is no good for me, since that's the one place I WANT a little extra padding!
  • Quote: wow from a 26 all the way out of the store? YOu go girl! that is fantastic! LOL..yeah all those tiny things can put a damper on the shopping but at least now you have a much wider selection to choose from!

that was my thought. What a great weight loss!! Those lights are awful, what's up with that? is it supposed to scare us into buying more clothes?
  • That's wonderful!!!

I just gave away a whole lot of clothes that are too big. Some of the sweaters I have been wearing since I was pregnant (my "baby" just turned 3).

Now, I'm into an 18 on the bottom and an XL shirt. After the 18s, I have some 16s, but I will have to buy some things.

It's a great feeling!
  • That is so awesome!!! WAY TO GO!!!!
  • I was choosing an outfit from my closet to wear out Saturday night when I realized almost all my good tops were too big on me. I haven't really dressed up a lot over the winter, so I was hardly even on a first-name basis with some of those clothes! It was kind of a bummer to realize they were too big when I'd hardly worn them, you know? But I sure don't want to fit in them, either.

It's shown me I need to stay away from off-season clearance items while I lose, because otherwise I'll find myself in fall with sweaters that hang on me like potato sacks because I bought them on sale in March!
  • WTG that is so great.
  • Look at all these losers!!!! Congrats, everyone!!!