Shopko Jeans

• I haven't been able to fit in them since my senior year of high school (4 years ago) and I went last weekend and tried on a pair of their 26w jean capris and they fit. They were still a bit snug but they zipped and fastened, with a belt! So my goal is to be able to fit into them comfortably for this summer so I can buy myself new summer clothes. I would imagine another 5-10lbs and I'll be comfy. I'm tired of living in gym shorts during the summer because I can't find cheap summer clothes. I'm sorry but $50-60 at Lane Bryant is a bit much for shorts/capris IMHO.
  • You know, you just made me think of something. I bet a lot of people have clothes that are too big for them now that could be passed on to someone else here. I have some 20/22's that are no longer any use to me that I'd be glad to pass on to other people that could wear them. They are ALL Lane Bryant clothes. Mostly jeans and "work clothes". If anyone is interested, let me know.
  • That is a great idea SoccerGirl!

Do you have 20/22 shirts? I'm smaller on top than I am on the bottom!

I'm soo poor going to college and working that I haven't been able to buy new clothes in a year. It's embarassing wearing the same old clothes I've had for years. That's one reason I never worried about losing the weight was because I couldn't bear having to go out and spend money on clothes. I hate spending $50 or $60 on a pair of jeans.

If anyone has any 26/28 things or 22/24 shirts, let me know!
  • If there isn't a clothes swap thread somewhere here, there really should be. I bought some lovely Elizabeth work clothing in January - most of which is too big already. I'd love to see it go to good use once I can no longer hold it up on my hips!
  • Jenny- Where in WI are you? I'm in Neenah, just south of Appleton, I have some 26/28 bottoms I could get to you...
  • Sara - I'm in Sun Prairie (a suburb of Madison). I could cover shipping, I can't imagine it costing too much.
  • That's fine, otherwise I drive through there on my way to Hazel Green a few times a year to visit an aunt. I'm going in May...
  • It's up to you Sara I have no problem paying for shipping if you're willing to hook me up! You're too kind.
  • We'll get it figured out!
  • We have talked about a clothes swap thread before and have decided to just keep it very informal - just like you guys have done!!
  • Jenny, I do have some 20/22 shirts. Tell you what I'll do - this week I'll take some pictures of shirts I have that are 20/22 and post them on this thread. Or you can PM me your email addy and I'll send them to you that way. LB does 18/20 20/22 IIRC.

Edit to say: Just checked the shirt I'm wearing and I'm right. LB does 14/16 18/20 22/24 etc.
    So Jenny, I'll take pictures of 18/20 and 22/24 for you. The 14/16 fit me.
  • Quote: Jenny, I do have some 20/22 shirts. Tell you what I'll do - this week I'll take some pictures of shirts I have that are 20/22 and post them on this thread. Or you can PM me your email addy and I'll send them to you that way. LB does 18/20 20/22 IIRC.

Edit to say: Just checked the shirt I'm wearing and I'm right. LB does 14/16 18/20 22/24 etc.
    So Jenny, I'll take pictures of 18/20 and 22/24 for you. The 14/16 fit me.
    Yeah I usually wear 18/20 and 22/24 from Lane Bryant. Sounds great, I really appreciate your help!
  • Do you still have any of the size 20/22 pants? I am in desperate need of work clothes, and would gladly pay the shipping cost.
  • Raelynn - let me check my closet, I have WAY too many clothes and have recently "shrunk" from some of them. I'll look tomorrow!

-Aimee
  • Thanks Aimee! That's awesome of you. If you find anything, can you let me know how tall you are (I am 5'9 and most pants are flood pants on me lol).