Spicy Foods

• I read online that if you eat Spicy food that it increases your metabolism for a short period of time by 25% and so I've been having spicy dinners all week and I lost 3 pounds just from that or at least that's what I think it was. Anyways just thought I'd share that with you all in case anyone wanted to try it
  • I was reading up on that also. They say things like hot peppers make you digestion sytem burn more calories to get rid of them. I love hot food so no problem there. Plus it makes you feel really full.
  • nothing beats and eye wateringly hot vindaloo although an essential for any hot food is putting toilet roll in the fridge for the morning
  • In the fridge eh. Must say I never thought of that one. LOL I love hot but it has to have flavor too. My favorite is Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce. I love this on chicken wings. I get the BBQ fully cooked wings and then put this on them YUM. You can get this at Walmart but for those who may not have a Walmart you can order it from here.

http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/index...sriracha+sauce
  • I can't handle spicy foods
  • mmmm...... time to start stocking up on jalapenos and stuff!
  • I had to work my way up to liking spicy foods. I'm still nowhere near Howie's tolerance level, but I'm working on it. When I married him, Taco Bell's nacho cheese sauce was very spicy to me...Now I can handle some crushed red pepper seed or the flesh of jalepeno peppers (just not the ribs and seeds from them, not just yet, anyway). Like him, though, I don't like heat just for sake of heat; it has to be flavorful as well as add a little kick.

This article about peppers, What Makes Peppers Hot, Hot, Hot! is both entertaining and informative. Enjoy!