Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 07:06 AM   #46  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

LOL Howie--I agree...leave the time alone!!

Congrats on the new job, frenchie! It sucks leaving people you enjoy working with (I just did it in November), but you never know how amazing your new job (and the new people) may be.

I've been back on track--as of yesterday, I managed to only have gained 1 pound from my last weigh-in (March 24), which is amazing considering the stress of the funeral and dealing with my mother for a week (and indulging in all of the goodies provided for the after-service gathering at my parents' house...those brownies added up fast ). But, I'm back to working both jobs and going to the gym for 40 minutes of cardio in between (plus I'm running around all night for job #2, so I get exercise there, too), and I keep to 1400-1500 calories a day during the week ('cept yesterday I only had about 1250 to make up for the frosted donut and cheese danish I splurged on earlier in the week ), and I drink water at job #1 all day, so I think I'm doing pretty well--just have to make sure I don't go crazy on the weekends and undo all my hard work!
Old 04-08-2005, 12:19 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

WTG Jilly. glad to see things are getting back to normal.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:06 PM   #48  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Congrats on the new job, Frenchie. I know how stressful that can be.

I've been to the Y a few times now and I'm really glad I decided to do it. I'm still building up my level of exercise and learning the machines. We get up early, throw on sweat and walk there -- it's about 6 blocks away. It's a family oriented gym, so people of all ages and sizes go there.

Man, I thought a gym membership would be about a year away for me (when I lost weight -- I know that doesn't make much sense, ha.) I'm glad I pushed myself to try it.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:27 PM   #49  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbygirl43
I took William to see the ENT yesterday to have his hearing test and set the date for his surgery for the tubes.

How's William doing? Rob had all kinds of problems with his ears when he was a kid. Hope you get that all over with quickly.

That hour threw us completely off too. It doesn't seem like an hour should have so much effect!
Old 04-11-2005, 06:55 AM   #50  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Dawnyal--How old is William? I had really bad ears when I was younger. I had ear tubes put in when I was 4, I think--maybe 5. I actually lost almost 80% of my hearing. My mom used to yell at me all the time cuz she thought I was ignoring her until she found out I really just couldn't hear her at all. I pretty much couldn't tell if someone was talking to me unless they turned my face so I could see their mouth moving. It was really bad. At one point, I was supposed to have my adnoids removed, but when we returned from a family trip to Florida, my doc checked my ears and said they were miraculously almost perfect (and we specifically had driven to Florida from Connecticut because they said the pressure changes would make it too dangerous for me to fly). *shrug* Who knows how or why, but these things can just mysteriously clear up one day. I hope the same happens for your William!
Closed Thread