Weekly Move Your Kaboose 2-27 - 3-5

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Ok everyone move that kaboose and post it here! You can go into as much or as little detail you want.
  • Well I'm back in the game. I've replaced my WATP DVD's and I picked up a new one
    George Foreman Walk And Box. My dad was a boxer and I loved to workout with him when I was a kid.

Here's my review: (Today is the 1st day of working out with this.)

On a scale from 1-10. I give it a 4.5.
    The directions weren't very good and there was pretty much next to nothing in a warmup or a cool down. (she said do your own thing!!!) I did sweat by pushing myself hard. They don't say how many miles you have walked. I thought George would have a bigger part in the DVD but it was basically him making comments (some funny) and showing how to punch here and there. The workout was choregraphed by Petra Kolber and I think that should rename it Petra Kolber Walk and Box. I was hoping for a Tae Bo-xingish and walking workout and George to be the trainer. I'll continue to workout with this only because I paid for it and I hate to waste that hard earned cash. I would recommend that you save your money for a better workout video. Like WATP
  • OK, this is the week I get back into my exercise routine. No excuses! The past 3 weeks, I've only been exercising 2-3 times/week, and my weight loss has slowed way down (I didn't even weigh myself this week--I didn't want to see it!).

So far:
    Sunday: Step aerobics and pilates
    Monday: Step aerobics and tonight I plan to do pilates
  • In order to get off the plateau i’m stuck on, a few changes for this week :

Tonight: 45 min. walk fast pace

Tuesday: 40 min laps at the pool + 3 x 15 sit-ups + 2 x 10 pushups

Wednesday: 45 min walk fast pace

Thursday: 40 minutes laps at the pool + 3 x 15 situps + 2 x 10 pushups

Firday: 45 min walk fast pace + 3 x15 situps + 2 x 10 pushups

Saturday or sunday: 3 hours downhill skiing
  • OK... Last night I bought the WATP dvds...they are OK. I wasnt challenged as much as I thought I should be, though.
    Last night: 1 mile +2 mile (about 45 mins)
    This morning 2 mile + 3 mile (about 65 mins)

Im also on my way to the gym, so I'll do the elliptical there...Ill post later.
  • I just couldn't motivate myself this morning. I did almost 2 miles of the 4 mile super challenge this morning. Planning on tae bo before fear factor.
  • Dana, 2 miles is better than 0 miles!

Just adding that I DID do pilates tonight. Now if I could get my eating back on track...
  • Wanted to get a taste of what's for tomowrrow. Just tried sit-ups and push-ups. OMG that's hard!!!

If this does not shake up my metabolism, i don't know what will!!!
  • Quote: [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]OK... Last night I bought the WATP dvds...they are OK. I wasnt challenged as much as I thought I should be, though.
    I found that using 10lbs ankle weights and 5 lbs hand weights added that extra challenge. You might want to go with one or the other the 1st time. I believe I did 10lbs ankle weights and 3lbs hand. Another thing I did is put high energy dance/pop music on and I worked harder. I took more steps because I was going to the music. I got tired of hearing them talk. Which pertty much goes for all my workouts after awhile I like turn off their voice and put on music. I know WATP might not be for everyone one but I found that I could step it up. (add more weights) or bring it way down. (no weights when I'm sick) I hope this helps.
  • Thanks Mez...great idea!! I need some wrist weights anyway, for the elliptical, so maybe Ill try that first!!

Well, tonight, I did:
    40 mins HIIT elliptical
    Weights: arms and legs at 45 pounds (20 reps of each exercise)
    Crunches: 250
    WHEW!!!
  • Yesterday I walked almost the 4 mile super challenge (sick child and couldn't get in the full 4)

This morning I did 2 miles of the 4 mile superchallenge. I wanted some extra sleep. Then I did the whole 4 mile superchallenge this afternoon. Still planning on getting in some tae bo this evening.
  • Amy Jo - Your very welcome.
    Yesterday I didn't get to my workout.
    Today was so much better.
    3 Mile WATP
    2 Mile WATP
    1 Mile WATP
  • So I'm totally annoyed with my scale and my stupid plateau, which leads me back to exercise! I did an hour of Tae-Bo, I own the tapes and did the advanced one. It was good, I'm soaked, heh. I'm hoping after a couple days of this I will finally seem some results in my clothes or on my darn scale!!

-Aimee
  • I was feeling froggy so I did the 2 mile WATP...twice
  • Tuesday: off
    Wednesday: Step aerobics, pilates and yoga
    Thursday: Did 1/3 of step aerobics tape, when interrupted by son and mother-in-law. I'm hoping to do the rest tonight.