3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   deaths door again (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/53933-deaths-door-again.html)

slimmingsi 02-23-2005 07:09 PM

deaths door again

i am yet again on deaths door having contracted the deadly lurgy! i been sneezing and coughing all week runny nose and watery eyes also a touch of the tonsilitous.all that bother me now is the coughing when i get going i have a coughing fit where i end up doubled over in pain coughing my guts up and my back really hurts when i do it as does my head. to top it all off i got a lovely black eye. as i was trying to drink from the tap i started coughing and smashed my face into it very painfull also slightly amusing in a sadistic british kind of way

SwimGirl 02-23-2005 10:46 PM

ouch, I'm sorry to hear you are so sick :( It makes me giggle to think of how you got your black eye.. I think I might have to pass that story along to a friend.. :lol: Feel better soon :)

-Aimee

Sandi 02-24-2005 08:36 AM

Si,

Sorry to hear that you are sick again. Hope you feel better soon.

P.S. Buy yourself a cup!! ;) ;)

dragonwoman64 02-24-2005 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacobsMommy
P.S. Buy yourself a cup!! ;) ;)

:lol:

Ouch! My bf has a cure if you cover yourself up under about 10 blankets and sweat like crazy during the night, it will help get rid of a bug. It's actually worked for me.

Hope you get over it soon.

theotherjen 02-24-2005 09:58 AM

hope you get to feeling better soon !!!

glynne 02-24-2005 10:26 AM

When you do it ~ you do it good (your black eye). Hope you feel better soon.

barbygirl43 02-24-2005 12:14 PM

Si--so sorry to hear you are under the weather. Hopefully it will leave you soon. It's good to see you posting more often :)

howie6267 02-24-2005 10:25 PM

Black eye now that made me laugh. So I must have some of that sadistic british humor. As for the cold my Grandma always said wiskey in your tea. It may night cure you but if you have enough you won't care.

slimmingsi 02-25-2005 05:16 AM

no whiskey i'm afraid hot blackcurrent juice with honey in works well though

Jillegal 02-25-2005 11:37 AM

Hot blackcurrent juice? YUCK! Not that nasty Ribeena I remember from my youth, I hope...I'd rather be sick than have to drink that stuff! :p

I bet your eye is a very attractive shade of yellow by now ;)

kykaree 02-25-2005 11:41 AM

I was going to suggest an old country remedy involving a hat and a bottle of whiskey, but thought it might be politically incorrect!!! But it involves putting a hat on your bedpost and the bottle of whiskey on the other side of the bed. You take a nip of whiskey and move the hat onto the other side, and keep repeating. When you are drinking and no longer moving the hat, you're cured!!!

Please don't do this with straight blackcurrant juice!!!! I love Ribena, but not Vimto, yuck yuck yuck.

In a previous life, I used to make my own blackcurrant cordial every year, it makes your kitchen look like a scene from a b grade horror flick though!!!!

mezmerize 02-25-2005 12:25 PM

Si, I hope you feel better soon.

slimmingsi 02-25-2005 08:46 PM

no its all gone bad really really bad in a coughing spasm i managed to pull an intercostal muscle (ones that pull your ribs out and up ) and when i cough now its agony and means i also have difficulty standing up

Ivanna B. Skinny 02-26-2005 03:18 PM

OMG, Si. I hope you feel better soon!!

Gardenwife 02-27-2005 03:29 PM

Si, Si...What you did with that faucet sounds like some of the weird ways I hurt myself. Howie is <i>never</i> at a lack for entertainment with me around! Hope your shiner's lessening and your rib meat's healing, too!