Height: 6'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by togger
#1. I wake up at 5:30 am each morning
#2. I have dated 2 NFL football players
#3. I had blue hair in high school
#4. I am allergic to cats
#5 I have never played a video game of any sort
#1 TRUE. Gotta love that internal alarm clock! I am at work fairly early, but I seem to have lost the ability to sleep on weekends.
#2 TRUE. Sorry, that's all the info you get. I don't kiss and tell!
#3 TRUE. Only for a week or so, then back to my real color. Some of my friends and I did it in conjunction with our homecoming.
#4 FALSE. I have 4 cats of my own and am fostering 2 of my brother's cats for the time being.
#5 TRUE. I have never has a desire to play them growing up. My brother had a game boy or playstation thingy...so I saw some of his gmaes, but have never played them.
togger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 03:39 PM   #62  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessofsarahtolove
1. I have resided and been employed on three continents.
2. I am a vegetarian.
3. I used to sing professionally.
4. I graduated from a culinary college.
5. I am fluent in Italian.
1. TRUE. When I was 19, I moved to Italy with a one-way ticket and $400 and never looked back! I ended up spending 3 years there (in two separate year and half spells) broken by a gig in Kashmir, in Northern India, where I was the General Manager of a lovely 11-suite hotel on an island in Srinagar, the region's summer capital. I am so fortunate to have been able to live there before things got as heated they grew to be. Later on, I moved to Ireland, where I worked in a hotel in County Cavan, not far from Dublin. And for continent #3 -- well, yeah, I've been living and working here in America as well! (Duh!) Over the years, I've visited a number of other countries, but these are the ones in which I've actually been forced to support myself.

2. FALSE. Alright, alright, you got me, those of you who've recalled my posts in which the eating of grilled chicken was mentioned. But I was RAISED as a vegetarian. I ate meat for the first time when I was 13. I returned to vegetarianism after my teens, but had to return to carnivoreland after my GI system got messed up in India.

3. TRUE. I studied opera in my teens, sang (mostly unpaid) in a band in America, and then in Florence, Italy, made my living for a while singing ballads and torch songs in Italian bars and cafes.

4. TRUE. Yep, sure did! My degree was in Innkeeping Management, but the secondary emphasis was on cooking. I STILL remember how to debone a chicken with the skin intact, stuff it, and sew it back up and I can filet both a round and a flat fish like nobody's business! (I did truly struggle internally with all the meat/fish/poultry-related training though, given my upbringing.) I first got turned on to the pleasures of preparing great food in Italy, where I was taught so much by a Florentine grandmother who was only happy when she was cooking! (She was a pretty unpleasant woman in general -- but DAMN she could cook!) My daily cooking is Mediterranean-influenced to this day.

5. TRUE. I am fluent in Italian (and am conversant in Kashmiri, a dialect very close to Urdu.) I didn't speak a word of English for the first 9 months I lived in Florence. If I couldn't say it in Italian, I didn't say it. I wouldn't even spend time with people who spoke English, with my first self-taught phrase in Italian being, "Non ho tempo di parlare in Inglese," which means "I don't have time to speak in English." I was totally on my own there, with noone to send me money from home and no home to come back to, so I didn't have time to mess around! I needed to become fluent in order to get a decent job and survive there. And as my Italian improved, so did my employment!

It's fun reading about everybody!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 06:22 PM   #63  
missaprylj

Sarah, that is such an exciting life you've lived so far! Fascinating, really.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:40 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 273.5/see ticker/125-150???

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff0518
Alrighty, here are mine:

1) I have never lived more than 25 miles from where I was born.

2) I have 15 pets living in my house.

3) I have worked for the same company for 12 years.

4) I was once an extra in a Steven Spielberg movie.

5) I refuse to eat tomatoes, but will eat things made with tomatoes (even with chunks -- like spaghetti sauce or chili).
1) True. I've lived in a lot of places, but never far from home
2) True. 2 dogs, 4 cats, 2 birds, 2 mice, 1 rabbit, 4 fish.
3) True. I started here when I was 21, and haven't left yet.
4) False, False, FALSE!! I wish!
5)True. I can eat chunks of 'maters in things, but don't put a slice of tomato on my sandwich. Ick!
puff0518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 09:39 AM   #65  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Wow, Sarah, I loved reading about your life.

I figured anyone who's graduated from a culinary institute and lived in so many places would have a tough time being a vegetarian.

Glynne, one of the things on my life to do list is to hike that trail. Lucky you!

Apryl, I had a feeling I guessed wrong on yours. Couldn't figure it out from the choices.

I love reading everybody's lists. I got so many wrong Nancy Drew I am not.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 09:55 AM   #66  
Fat N Sassy

1) When I was a teenager I spent several summers touring the United States preforming 'Godspell' and 'Jesus Christ Superstar' TRUE. I was a memeber of my church's youth group The Celebration Singers. We went on tour every summer and performed at different churches across the country

2) I started smoking when I was 12 TRUE. Unfortunately although I have tried on several occasions I have not stopped yet

3) I met actress Robyn Lively at the neighborhood laundrymate TRUE. It was kind of strange to see even a small time actress at the laundrymate

4) One of my Great Grandparents was a bigamist FALSE. There was a bigamist in my family but not that closely related

5) I have never been skinny dipping TRUE. Yes this is true I have never shead all my clothes and gone swimming naked.
kkayp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:09 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbygirl43
1. I was born and raised and lived my entire life in Oklahoma.
2. I too aspire to be a famous singer.
3. I flunked Calculus two not once but twice.
4. I've bungee jumped several times.
5. I streaked naked through the neighborhood after losing a game of spades
1. True. I've lived on both sides of the state but never lived anywhere but here.
2. FALSE. I can't carry a tune in a bucket except maybe with a few beers down me on a karaoke stage. My brother is the singing genius of the family.
3. True. I majored in Math at OSU and had a 99% for Calc I but just couldn't master Calc II. I changed schools and changed my major and haven't regretted it.
4. True. I was going to say how many but I can't remember if it's 3 or 4 times
5. True. Did this not once but twice in my wild and crazy days.

April--I figured your school was on the sliding scales like what they have around here and you actually had like a 4.99999% or something
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 05:37 PM   #68  
missaprylj

Sandi and Donna are all we're waiting for before the winner can be announced!
Old 02-28-2005, 07:47 PM   #69  
Cynthia

This is interesting, just wish I knew you all well enough to figure which were the lies.

Frenchie - nice to "see" another F1 fan, though I don't believe that particular statement (#4 I believe), unless he was 13 at the time .

For me:

1. I had lunch with A.D. Flowers (special effects coordinator for Apocalypse Now) when he was in the Philippines filming the movie.

2. I had dinner with most of the band members of The Specials when they were in Steamboat Springs, CO for a free summer concert.

3. My great great grandfather was the chief of a Pamunkey Indian tribe and performed in Buffalo Bills Wild West Circus.

4. I have lived in 7 states and 3 countries (counting the U.S.).

5. I got to help make several childrens' stay in the Philippines a little more comfortable during Operation Babylift (during the evacuation of Saigon).
Red Sonja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 07:55 PM   #70  
Cynthia

Well, I feel like an idiot , didn't realize how many pages there were to this thing. Sorry Frenchie, DH has the Honda 2000 so I know what you are talking about. They tried to "formula it up" to appeal to the pseudo racers.
Red Sonja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 09:08 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

SO WHO WON?? This was really fun!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 12:17 PM   #72  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hautbois
Here's my 4/1:
#1 I married my first love
#2 I spent a semester in Vienna Austria
#3 I had eight piercings in college
#4 I shook Pres. Bush's hand during an election rally in Michigan
#5 I have a double major in math and music
Sorry this is late. I was on vacation, then 3FC wouldn't let me log on...anyways here it is...

#1 TRUE...So cheesy it just had to be true
#2 TRUE...I was there the second semester of my senior year. Not a bad way to finish college!
#3 TRUE...It was a phase I went through. They were all in various locations on my ears. My friends joked that my ears would set off metal detectors. I don't have any piercings now.
#4 FALSE...I figured this would get a few political comments. I don't mind saying, I wish this one was true. But I guess that's a topic for another board on another website...
#5 TRUE...The music half is pretty much useless, but I actually do use the math. I work in medical management and analyze data.

I can't wait to see the results. This was fun!
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 05:54 PM   #73  
missaprylj

Just waiting for Celina and Sandi, then I'll post the winner.