Old 02-18-2005, 03:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Default I must be getting sick

Okay I love Taco Bell about us much as an alcoholic who hasn't realized he has a problem loves 2 for 1 drink night and I've managed to pass on buying one item from there two times in the last day.

Here's a link to my blog where I wrote about it if you want the full scoop.
My run from the border

My allergies are really acting up these past few days. My eyes have been burning real bad, I've been somewhat congested and my nose alternates between stuffed and running faucet. I finally broke down and bought some claritin last night and I'm starting to have some relief.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 03:18 PM   #2  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

You did good Dawnyal. That is hard when you have that fight going on inside fo you like that. I often wonder what thin people think about. To never have that inner strugle over food. I wish they could replace that part of our brain.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 03:36 PM   #3  
Crazy Canuck

You did very well to fight off those urges, Dawnyal! By the way, did you know that Taco Bell uses the lowest grade of beef allowable for human consumption? Have you seen them make the tacos? The meat comes out of a hose! You deserve better than that.

Yes, Howie - I've often thought that naturally thin people can't possibly fathom how we're constantly playing mind games about food. I suppose they have their own demons though (they just don't have to wear them...)

Hope you feel better soon, Dawnyal (but still lose your desire to cross the border)
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 05:16 PM   #4  

Do you guys really think that naturally thin people just don't go through this? I mean, this internal battle over food is such a natural part of me, I can't even imagine what it would be like to not have that constant struggle. If they don't do it, then I wonder what it is about our brains that work differently? What makes this a problem for some of us, but not for others? Just imagine what it would be like if that little switch that drives our cravings was magically turned off one day. Jeez, what on earth would I do with all that free time?

BTW, awesome job Dawnyal! That is SUCH a big deal! I'm so proud of you!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 07:08 PM   #5  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

having lost my battle to the Valentine's Day chocolate and champagne this week, ha, I can sincerely congratulate you on passing up the Taco Bell. Usually if I get that far into the debate, I cave

The hamburger through a hose imagery will probably keep me from eating Taco Bell for a while too
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 04:22 PM   #6  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Miss Jill -

Did you have to say that about Taco Bell. That is one of my favorite places!! Even on WW when I need something quick and I haven't prepared, I can grab a taco or 2 and stay on plan. To be honest, I usually get the chicken, but occassionally I get the beef. Now I just don't know if I can get that visual out of my head!!!! *sigh*
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 04:33 PM   #7  
missaprylj

Congratulations, Dawnyal! I'm very, very proud of you.

Jill--- Thanks!
Old 02-21-2005, 08:55 PM   #8  
Live for the Moment!

Good for you Dawnyal - I'm so proud of you! You're really on a roll this time!

Jill - Thanks for the "lovely" mental picture... I remember you did the same thing to me when I confessed to giving in to McDonald's McNuggets! :P
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 09:04 PM   #9  
Crazy Canuck

My dear ladies (and gents, where applicable)...if I've grossed you all out about fast food, then my work here is done!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote