20 years later....

• Since i left my parent’s home a few years ago, i visit them once every second week. As I do not see them every day, they noticed the fact that I lost 35 pounds quite rapidly; and getting in shape doing lots of sports.

Last week, my mother had a funny comment that we can usually hear in our early teens.

“hey you look nice; women must be starting to chase you up”

Since i was obese from age 9 or 10, I received this teenage years comment at age 34….

…and yes I receive quite a lot of invitations these days
  • way to go frenchie!!
    great job sticking with your program and getting such good results (both kinds!!)

Now we will be waiting for some pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • You may have gotten the line 20 years later but I'm sure you deserved it 20 years ago. Good job with all you have done so far!

And, I agree we want some pictures!
  • that is great. I agree that you probably should've gotten the comment 20 years ago as well as now. Keep up the good work.
  • Your doing great Frenchie. Better watch out or you will be joining us old married folks.
  • What a nice comment...Have we seen a picture???
  • Seconding the picture request -- it's SO NICE to be able to put a face to the posts!
  • As i mentionnned in antoher thread, i would have liked to wait for 75 pounds loss milestone (from my highest 335 in 2003). This should happen within a 4-5 weeks; but i'll go buy a film for my camera right away....
  • Frenchie, that's great! You must feel like a million bucks. can't wait to see the milestone pics.
  • Great Job! I can't wait to see pics either!
  • Look at it this way, at 34 you can really appreciate the comment! Ha. Congratulations that kind of acknowledgement can feel way, way better than any number on a scale. Pic! Pic!
  • Ok people, you convinced me.....I'm currently setting up a web page documenting my weight loss journey with pictures.....

I'll try to have it online before the end of the month....see you there!!!