Old 02-01-2005, 01:38 PM   #1  

Default I'm too sexy for this shirt!!

As i’ve lost 35 pounds so far, some of my clothes no longer fit me anymore. Among them, one pair of formal pants size 46 and one XXL Silk shirt for men.

Paid over 150.00$ and will give them away. They are still in very good condition. If anyone is interested, send me a private message with your address. They will be dry cleaned before i send them off.
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 01:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Since I'm not a man, I can't benefit from your generosity, but I did want to say congratulations to you! It's a great feeling, eh?
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 02:46 PM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

why not sell them to a second hand shop.. or on ebay!

Dana
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 04:58 PM   #4  

@Dana : You bet this feels great!!! Even if I now look a bit crazy in these clothes (Had a few comments today at work)

@Charbar: We have a warm and generous nature here in Quebec. Furthermore, I doubt that the price I could have got would have worth the effort of putting them on E-Bay…
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 05:37 PM   #5  

I sell MOST of my good-condition, too-large clothes on ebay. I would recommend having a picture in your listing, and sell items at the beginning of the season if they are obviously seasonal.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 05:45 PM   #6  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

We should do more of this. I have lots of big size clothes but I don't know anyone who is big enough to wear my old ones. If you know any one who wears size 58,54,50 pants let me know.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 06:23 PM   #7  
Born Loser

I was thinking about this. Maybe it would be good to have a sticky thread where people could post what clothes they have and the size. We could have our own store where you just have to pay the postage. I would be willing to put my cloths in. I don't know of any men here that would need them but there is always that chance.

What do you all think? Good Idea or bad Idea?
Old 02-01-2005, 06:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Sure, sounds like a great idea, Howie. I have some workout videos back at home I don't use, etc- plus, I hope that one day my clothes won't fit anymore, but I must say that they're pretty cool
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 07:16 PM   #9  
beautiful

howie maybe there are some hubbies or relatives of our members that could use the outgrown men's clothes. i think a sticky thread is a great idea that way there is a bigger chance of everyone seeing it.
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 07:16 PM   #10  
and Cody too!

S/C/G: 265/245/165

Height: 5'6"

I think that is a good idea as well. I have some size 20 jeans that I don't like at all and have only worn once that I need to get rid of. Hopefully soon I won't be able to fit into 20's at all.
JennasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 03:11 AM   #11  

Howie, I think that is great idea - I still have a few 'too big' clothes lurking in my wardrobe (or is that closet to you people across the pond?!)
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 02:05 PM   #12  

FrenchiePolarBear: What a generous offer. I never sell our clothes or gently used items. If there is someone out there who can use them I feel much better passing them on than making a buck off of them. I think the sticky thread is a terrific idea.

I'm not knocking anyone who sells there stuff to recoup some of their original investment because there is nothing wrong with that. I am just acknowleding that I know I am a very fortunate person and feel better sharing when I can.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 02:51 PM   #13  
Born Loser

I to like the thought of giving the clothes away. I know I like to benefit from it and I'm sure others do also. Thanks for the clothes FrenchiePolarBear. I will have to point Sandi to this and see if we can get a sticky thread started. They may have rules about that kind of stuff.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:11 PM   #14  

I HAVE to sell most my used clothes because otherwise I could not afford to buy new ones, and even then I have some hefty CC bills right now. When you go from a size 32 to a 16 (my current size) that's a lot of transitional clothes. I DO donate a lot of clothes as well, but to organizations like battered women's shelters that specifically need plus-size women's clothes. I don't donate to Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc. as a rule because all they do is turn around and sell them.

I think clothes trading amongst fellow weight-loss candidates is a great idea, but I didn't suggest selling on ebay to "make a buck" but as a financial survival technique.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 03:28 PM   #15  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

For those of you who don't wish to do stuff by mail, check out Freecycle. Its sole purpose is free stuff, both wanted and offered. On the list I belong to, folks have posted asking for workout clothes and exercise equipment, as well as offering other items and all sorts of other things. When we offer items, I label grocery bags with the takers' names and put them out on the porch for them to pick up at their (and my) leisure.

For those of you who do want to offer items for postage, you can pay for and print postage at the US Postal Service website. Free delivery confirmation is included with Priority Mail purchases, too (normally 40-cents). We have a little Stamps.com branded postage scale we use for eBay and it's so nice being able to calculate postage ahead of time, then print it at home. You can also order free Priority Mail and express mail shipping supplies, including boxes and labels.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote