My Wedding Dress!

• Thought I'd show you the dress I want for my Caribbean wedding. I just love it and it is really helping to keep me focused and motivated - whenever I'm tempted to go off track or skip the exercise, I think of that dress - I'm going to need to have toned arms and legs and a trim waist to make it look good!

I'm not having a veil - just flowers in my hair and barefoot on the beach....heaven! I'm also going to get shoestring straps put on to add a bit of support and make it look a bit less formal.

Just thought I'd share it with you!

Love Amanda x

• It is beautiful! You will look wonderful in that dress. Can't wait to see the picture of you in the dress!!
  • Oh my, its absolutely gorgeous (and so perfect for the setting you have planned)! How long until the big event? And yes, we'll want to see an album full of pics!
  • It's so pretty!!
  • It's gorgeous! Can't wait to see you in that dress, Amanda.
  • so romantic!
    That is so romantic! Such a pretty dress! I want to see pics of the wedding now, haha. Can't you just see the turquoise water, the lapping waves on the white beach, the swaying palm trees, the blue skies with the whispy white clouds floating by overhead??

Then the sunset, the romantic fire on the beach...a tropical flower in your hair...Good times ahead! Congrats
  • Where did you find such a unique dress? It is just perfect for a beach wedding. Who is the designer?
  • Oh Amanda - It's beautiful.. I can't wait to see the dress on you!!! When is the wedding??
  • what a pretty dress!! I love the pink! When is the big day?
    Which island are you getting married on? I love the idea of being bare foot.

Dana
  • Wow! What a pretty dress!! When's the big day again??
  • Wow--that's lovely! And perfect for a beach wedding. Can't wait to see you in it!
  • Ok, I'm a little behind but I wanted to let you know that I think your dress is beautiful! You're having the wedding of MY dreams! Good luck to you! And I know you will be beautiful in that dress.
  • Thanks everyone!

We haven't booked the wedding yet, but are planning it for March or April next year - so I'm really buckling down with my diet and exercise!

We're leaning towards getting married in Barbados then island hopping to St Lucia for a weeks honeymoon - budget permitting!

Jessica - I have spent ages looking on the internet for a wedding dress suitable for a beach wedding, and I luckily stumbled across this one via another site. The designer is called Joanna Hehir and is based in London.

I'll keep you all posted and definately post my 'after' pictures of me wearing the dress!

Love Amanda x
  • Wow! What a gorgeous dress. Standing on a beach barefoot sure beats standing in pointy-toed satin heels, especially if the official gets long-winded! I wore those awful shoes just that one day, and I took 'em off when we left the sanctuary, LOL!