Celebrity Fit Club

• I think someone had mentioned this one on one of our TV Show threads but I caught it last night. It was interesting. I missed the first episode where they set their goals but one guy gained 12 pounds (of course he did quit smoking in the two weeks) and a couple of them seemed in denial as to why they weren't losing weight.

Frenchie and Howie were talking about their pants falling off and that's what reminded me of it. They have Ralphie Mae on there and he had to hold his pants up to keep them from falling off and he had only lost a couple of pounds.

here's a link to the show. It's on VH1.
    http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/celebri.../episode.jhtml
  • I watched the first episode, and was pretty offended. The philosophy seemed to be "punish the fat people." I just couldn't watch it again.
  • Hmmm.. I don't think we have this show up here in Canada! Haven't seen any ads or anything...
  • We have a UK version here - I hate it!

They just get people to lose weight by bullying them and making them feel bad about themselves. They set a weight loss target which is usually quite high, and when one woman lost 2lb instead of 4lb, they had a right go at her and told her it wasn't good enough!

Hope the US show isn't as bad!

Love Amanda x
  • It was the same thing! They set their weightloss goals for 2 weeks at "14lbs." for some people! Isn't that crazy!?!?!?!

Then, the person "only" lost 4 lbs. and they FREAK OUT. It made me so mad.