Thin for Life/Eating Thin for Life

• I know that the Maintenance group is doing a book club type thing with "Thin for Life" but I recently bought "Thin for Life" as well as "Eating Thin for Life". I started reading "Eating Thin for Life" first and I am amazed to find things in there that I have recently discovered myself. Like using meat as a condiment and filling up on veggies and fruits. Although I eat very few fruits at the moment, I have started adding some in, mostly blueberries. The other thing was wanting to lose weight/maintain a healthy weight more than wanting to eat the wrong foods. Recently, I discovered that I have lost the taste for my former favorite foods because I can only see them as helping me maintain an unhealthy weight or gaining more weight.

Anyway, really, I was thinking that I wish I had read this book a few years ago and it would've saved me some trouble rather than learning these things on my own. If you haven't looked at these books, I would highly at least taking a peek.
  • I still love burgers and fries ,pizza and burittos,bad as I know them to be. I think Because of how long I've been missusing food I'll likely be fighting this battle for the rest of my life,even if I finally get thin.
  • You mean "when," Pam, "when you get thin."
  • Sheila's right, Pam......"when you get thin...".

I have pretty much lost the taste for unhealthy food - partly because I visualise all the nasty things it is doing to my body, and partly because if I over-indulge, I usually feel uncomfortable/queasy afterwards, which helps! Still get cravings, of course, but I have a pretty good set of 'substitutes', and generally if I distract myself enough, they tend to go away....
  • I also recommend Cooking Thin which is a cookbook from a chef on FoodTV. Her first few chapters are inspirational. She shares tips on how she motivates herself and how she deals with cravings. Also, the cookbook portion is fantastic.
  • I have Cooking Thin and I love it! I finished reading the intro sections in "Eating Thin for Life" and I started looking at some of the recipes. Some of them I'll need to modify because they have recipes that call for regular pasta, white rice and sugar, which I am trying to be careful of but there is always whole wheat pasta, brown rice and sugar substitutes. I started reading the "Thin for Life" and I am enjoying that as well.