Old 01-20-2005, 01:56 PM   #16  

First post so here it goes...

Reasons I want to lose weight:

1. Don't want to end up limited to fashion choices like stretchy pants and tent-like floral shirts...eww.

2. So I can go to amusement parks and fit my butt in the seats.

3. I am tired of being the "big girl" in the family.

4. I wanna look hot at my high school reunion and have that sense of satisfaction when I see the looks I get from the ones that made fun of me.

5. Most importantly, I am abusing myself by remaining this big and it is taking a toll on my health. Physically and mentally.
theotherjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 02:23 PM   #17  

Good thread.....its time to remind myself why I am doing this......OK, I want to lose weight because....

1. I want to be healthy
2. I want to have more energy, and to be able to enjoy more active pursuits like hiking, waterskiing, surfing
3. I want to feel attractive, and sexy, and to feel good about the way I look

Think that about covers it......
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 04:38 PM   #18  
Sherrie

Making me think here.....great post

1. to stop hiding and start living
2. to feel comfortable in my own skin
3. to live up to my last name (always mispronounced as "hottie" )
4. to not live in fear of the bathing suit
5. the confidence and pride that comes from achieving something really hard
6. to shop in any store -- anywhere
7. of course for my health
8. to see the look in my husband's eyes ...
9. ... for me

We can do this. Oh yes we can!
Abstract927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 06:08 PM   #19  
Fat N Sassy

Default The Top Ten Reason I Want to Lose Weight

10) To eleminate the likelyhood of developing diabetes, heart disease & high blood pressure
9) So that my lower back, knees & ankles will stop screaming at me to 'take a load off'
8) So that when I quit smoking I will have the knowledge to keep from gaining weight while going through nicotine withdrawal
7) So that my youngest son will be bigger than me when he graduates from High School
6) So I will be able to play on the floor with my grandbaby and not need a hoist & crane to get me back on my feet
5) To be able to shop for minus sizes instead of plus sizes
4) To be able to ride awesome rollercoasters without worrying that I will bust the restraints and fly out
3) So that I can keep up with the skinny band mom's without hyperventilating
2) So that my inner beauty will be able to be seen form the outside

And the number one reason I want to lose weight

So that when I go to my 30 year reunion (2007) all the guys who wouldn't date me because I was a 'big girl' will see that I got better with age, and will be kicking themselves for their stupidity
kkayp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 06:57 PM   #20  
Taking care of me.

Good thread, good reminder

1 - To improve my health. Right now I take six prescriptions and I'd like to get rid of as many of them as possible. In addition to better health, just think of the money I'll have to use for something fun if I'm not spending it on meds.

2 - To get rid of the "if only's" in my life. Since college, every couple of years I look at where I am and think "if only I had lost weight, I could be ......."

3 - To see what my natural waistline really looks like - I can feel it but I can't see it. I know I'll never be small because that's just not how it goes for the women on either side of my family. But my natural waistline isn't that bad - it's just hard to see under those two big rolls of extra fat.

4 - To get that london blue topaz jewelry set I want. That will be my reward for each set of 50 lbs I lose and keep off - a ring, a necklace, and earrings.

I have many more reasons I could list, but these are my top four.
MoveMoveMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 09:37 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsydancer
Great idea! My reasons for losing weight:

1. To live a long life so I'll be here for my son.
2. To be energetic enough to play with my son.
3. To set a good example for my son.
4. So my son won't be embarassed about me. I don't want to be "the fat mom."
5. To feel sexy (although I already do )
6. So it's easier to buy clothes.
7.To be healthy.

This is exactly what I was going to post when I first read the title!!
dowsx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 12:05 AM   #22  
missaprylj

Well, let's see.

So I won't be fat and ugly in my senior pictures and have to look back all my life and be upset about it.

So I won't keep getting rejected. (Yes, that's right people, I've asked 2 guys to Sweeties now and both said "no." I feel about *this* tall right now.)

So I can share clothes with my friends.

So I feel beautiful. (Yes, I know all the B.S. lines about how lovely and beautiful I am now, but I don't buy it. Sorry.)

For my health. Honestly, this is like, number 2. I don't want all those nasty diseases that come from being obese.

So I won't be described first and foremost by "fat girl"

So I can be less jealous of all of my size 0-8 friends.

So when I hug someone they can get their arms around me like I can get mine around them.

I'm so negative today... sorry. :sad:
Old 01-21-2005, 12:22 AM   #23  
Live for the Moment!

Hmmm.. Fantastic thread!

1.) To be healthy - I've quit smoking and now I want to be healthy all around. I want to change my life so that I can do more of the things I want and so that I can ensure a long lasting life rather than always struggling with health problems due to obesity.

2.) To look HOT and feel HOT! - I feel disgusted when I look at my body in the mirror or when I'm in the bath, or when I'm shopping, etc. etc. I want to look my best and feel my best. I can't wait to go clothes shopping and buy the clothes I want to wear. I cant wait to get done and up and feel sexy. I can't wait for people to comment on how great I look again.. I want to look hot for my boyfriend and go back to looking even better than I did when he first met me.

3.) To be more active - There are so many things that I feel I don't do because of my weight.. try skiing, try rollerblading, go swimming in a lake in the summer, etc. I'm sick of being held back by something that's within my control to change. I want to be able to go out and enjoy life, and not feel like I'm "dying" when I walk up some stairs or go on a long walk. I want to be able to get out and enjoy things with my db and ensure that I'm healthy and active for when we're ready to have a baby in the next couple years.

That's about it for now.. however, I just started reading Dr. Phil's Weight Loss Challenge book which has made me do a lot of thinking, so I'm sure I'll have more to post later.
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 12:56 AM   #24  
gbo

1 - I want to live longer
2 - I want to be stronger
3 - I want to be more active
4 - I want to be able to be more involved with my community
5 - I want to be able to do things with friends and family
6 - I want (before I leave this life) for people to know me as no one ever could due to my weight.
7 - I want to be free to be the best of who I am and able to share that person with others.
8 - I want to feel alive to the max
9 - I want to be able to be playful and play in public.
10 - I want to feel good about have a photo taken of me
11 - I want to feel proud of who I am
12 - I want to ride the roller coaster again (Yes, at 50)
13 - I want look in the mirror and not wonder who that is
14 - I want to be flamboyant and have it suit me
15 - I want to see the pride in my husbands eyes when he looks at me
16 - I want to look wonderful to me
17 - I want to enjoy buying clothes
18 - I want to make everyday a day of my greatest potential
19 - I want to be the best I can be for all the people who love me and care for me as a person.
20 - Last but not least I want God to know I appreciate the gift of life I have been given and have learned to care for the body he gave me.
Pam
gbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 01:15 AM   #25  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I have quite a few reasons why I want to lose weight and I think they are the reason that I will lose weight.

1) I deserve to be a healthier weight
2) I want to look as good on the outside as I think I look
3) I feel like I am abusing my body by being overweight and I want to treat my body better by losing weight.
4) I know as I get older that my body will start showing wear and tear because of my weight, I want to try to minimize that
5) I want to stop feeling oversized
6) I want to get rid of my big belly

I'm sure there are more reasons but those are the main ones.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 07:49 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_kat
Reasons to lose weight!:

1) Revenge for all of those who always thought i would be the big fat girl forever!
2) When i go to a club i wanna bring a pointy stick to poke all the drooling men away from me with!
3) I definately want to look better than my mom...really its just not right if u look worse!
4) If i get in a fight with sum1 i can be assured that their only comeback won't be "At least i dont have more rolls than a bakery!"
5) To prove to myself that im not worthless and i can do anything! Believing in yourself should always be the most important reason!

Well thats all for now but im sure i can think of at least 20 more!
i hear that! no one ever thought i could do it, and i do realize that i'm getting a little cocky with the more weight i loose, but its really not being cocky, its just that im so happy and even i didnt think i could do it, so now that i know i can it comes off as cockyness...is that a word?...well, the point is i worked hard and im proud of it! and my reasons are quite similar to yours...as you may already know lol
Nicole1883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:50 PM   #27  
Crazy Canuck

B.S. warning, Apryl (deal with it! ) YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!

Okay, we all know where you're coming from and we also know teenage boys can be totally clueless (hope they both end up going to the "Sweeties" with self-centred, conceited skinnies who make those boys crave the company of a lovely, intelligent girl).

Dear Apryl, promise me something - when you've lost weight and feel as great about yourself as you deserve to, promise me you won't change into one of those vacuous, skinny wenches and that you'll stay the sweet, sensitive girl we've grown to love!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 12:13 PM   #28  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I can relate to so many of the items on the lists here.

My top reasons for finally getting rid of this weight are (not necessarily in any order of importance)

1. my health (while I'm healthy now, keeping this weight on puts me at all sorts of risks, and I know that)

2. to do all the physical activities I *don't* even want to try to do at this weight (rollerblading, hiking, swimming, etc.)

3. to feel good about the clothes I'm in and to go shopping and enjoy it (no more shopping at larger size outlets)

4. to feel more comfortable socially

5. to have a better sense of self confidence

Apryl, I hope you don't mind me saying I was touched by your post. I was a heavy teenager and didn't want my senior picture taken. I spent a lot of years beating myself up because I thought I was so ugly because I was heavy. I just wanted to say to you that your worth and beauty as a person are not determined by your body size. When I was a teenager, and into my 20s, I felt like my looks meant *everything*. Now, I feel like I wasted a lot of my time and suffered so much more than I needed to with that type of thinking. It's mixing up body image with self image. I know these are things you need to discover for yourself, I hope you take this note, and jillegal's note, as seeds of truth that will grow into that self knowledge for you.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 09:33 PM   #29  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

1. I want to be healthy and live long.
2. Back pain and knee pain.
3. I want to go to the movies or football game and not have to worry about someone sitting beside me and I'm taking up to much space.
4. Bluntly put but sex is much better the smaller you get. LOL
5. Just to be a normal person and not think that when someone laughs that they are laughing at me.
6. I want to make goal so I can be an inspiration to others and help them lose weight. Maybe that is why I am so heavy. Maybe God wants me to help others. It's hard to help others if you have not experienced the same pain.

Last edited by howie6267; 01-31-2005 at 09:47 PM.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 10:51 PM   #30  
missaprylj

Thank you! That really means a lot to me, thanks Jill! And thank you too, Marge. I feel very special.

I've been doing so well, lately... I can't WAIT for Sr. pictures. AND Sweeties.