Old 01-21-2005, 08:24 PM   #31  

Gretchen just remember the healthier you eat the healthier nutrients going to the baby with the side bonus of feeling your best and having an easier time getting back into the swing of things post baby!
dowsx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:23 PM   #32  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I'm in. My only goal right now is to be at 100 lbs lost since my new start in April. That would be 317. That is also right around my wedding weight. So I'm getting really close to that virgin fat.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 03:01 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Talking

Ok everyone. I am in!

A little late,.. but thats ok I guess. I kinda went off plan when i had to go into the hospital for all that heart stuff. Right before Thanksgiving, they put me on low sodium/low fat diet, so I have been on that since then. I think my problem is that I still get too much sugar.

I love eating raisins, lowfat granola bars, orange juice and apples but I guess those are better than cookies and candy right?

I have two problems that I am trying to address.
1): Exercise (iit is so hard right now, but I have gotten in 5 watp miles for January. This weeks goal is 4 miles and next week 5.
2): Water. I am lucky if I get 2 glasses a day. I really need to somehow drink more.
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 05:51 AM   #34  

OK, people, how did day 2 go?

I had a good eating day (rye crispread and marmite for breakfast; scrambled eggs, mushrooms and baked beans for lunch; vegetable curry and rice for supper; lots of fruit in between), and I walked for 30 mins. Still can't exercise (horrible bad cold), and a really missing that....

Today will be a challenge - lunch out with a friend, followed by dinner out with my parents - but I am sure I can find some healthy choices to munch on....
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 08:30 AM   #35  

Thumbs up

I did pretty good...

Food: OP, but I snacked the entire day, instead of meals
Exercise: 0.6 miles (working my way back up)
Water: 4ltrs! (up from 3ltrs)
Mood: Very good, very motivated snacky, but not bingey. I feel a lot better than I have in weeks (now to keep it that way!)

Hope everyone has a good day today
CassandraA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 01:37 PM   #36  
Live for the Moment!

Dawnyal - You're doing great!! Keep it up.. Its those little smart choices that end up with HUGE results!

Claire & Cassandra - Congrats on Day #2! Excellent work! See it gets easier knowing you're not in this alone!

And for all you others - YAY to you for joining in on this one!! The more the merrier... Keeping in mind of course.. We wanna make our combined 2005 loss just INSANE!

Howie - I'm so happy to see you've joined us, considering its just a continuation of our first Lalapalooza!! How have you been?

So folks, where are the updates? How have your first couple days gone?

As for me, I've been OP since Wednesday!! YAY! It just gets easier from here you guys...
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 04:08 PM   #37  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone.

Congrats to everyone for being here and staying OP. I've done great food wise. Haven't gone over my fat grams or eaten anything I shouldn't have. I have a date tonight which includes dinner though and eating out is definitely my big weakness and the hardest part for me.

I've only walked on the treadmill on Thursday, the day after my epiphany. lol. I meant to yesterday but have decided it's too hard to try to do it when my 2 1/2 son is awake and I was too tired to to it after he went to bed so I went to bed at the same time. I'm still going to try to get it in today though, even though it's already 1:00pm here and my date is around 6:00pm. I had other things to do today but my son's father picked him up late so I didn't get anything done but housework and laundry.

I'm planning to keep things going strong though and am determined to make the right decisions at dinner tonight. I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 3 lbs since Monday, even though I've only been OP since Thursday morning so that's not bad! I'm hoping to add another lb or two between now and Monday morning's weigh in.

Talk to you all soon and have a great weekend!
Stinger766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 04:54 PM   #38  

OK people......how is day 3 going???? I am going pretty strong here - lunch and dinner out, but healthy choices all the way, including a very nice fruit salad for dessert, and water instead of wine.....

Still can't exercise, so I don't think the scales will be kind to me this week, but I am beginning to dream of going to the gym/pool...
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 07:27 PM   #39  
Making myself proud.

Ok, another update from me.

I did find time to walk, in fact I did it right after I posted earlier. I walked my 4 miles on the treadmill and I feel good about it.

I still have my date later and the dreaded restaurant but I have a feeling after having walked today that I won't screw up. I may have a drink or two though. lol. Get rid of some of those new relationship jitters.

I hope everyone's doing well and taking good care of themselves. Talk to you all soon!
Old 01-23-2005, 03:42 PM   #40  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Stinger, we need details from your date.

I am in, guys. I was doing so well this week until Wednesday when I woke up w/a sore throat. No big deal lots of extra cups of hot tea, right? By Friday it was a full blown cold & comfort food was being consumed. I have to say though that I am stopping with one serving of such, and for the most part being good.

My goals are:
  • Water consumption up. Ever since the 6 liters I drank every day in FL, I'm just not into it. Bottled water is free at work and I have been trying to drink that.
  • Stay away from the vending machine.
  • Have a plan. If you don't have a plan, you are screwed!!!
  • Attempt to exercise. This is always my hardest one.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 05:58 PM   #41  
Making myself proud.

So, my date late night stood me up and hasn't even called. Great. Normally I would run for the worst food possible and not walk but I feel quite the opposite today. I've been completely OP for food and I just got done with my 4 miles on the treadmill. No man is going to ruin the weight loss plan I have for myself.

I'm looking foward to my Monday weigh in tomorrow and won't be disappointed no matter what it says because I know I've been doing the right things since my epiphany on Wed. night and I know I'm going to continue to do so.

Thanks for being here as inspiration and support everyone.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:46 PM   #42  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger766
So, my date late night stood me up and hasn't even called. Great. Normally I would run for the worst food possible and not walk but I feel quite the opposite today. I've been completely OP for food and I just got done with my 4 miles on the treadmill. No man is going to ruin the weight loss plan I have for myself.

I'm looking foward to my Monday weigh in tomorrow and won't be disappointed no matter what it says because I know I've been doing the right things since my epiphany on Wed. night and I know I'm going to continue to do so.

Thanks for being here as inspiration and support everyone.
Ugh! MEN!!! Sorry to hear that. I just got all dolled up for mine & he came over, took one look & pronounced me too sick to mess around with. What? C'mon, baby, snot = sexay!

Good for you not taking it out the wrong way.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 09:09 PM   #43  
Making myself proud.

Such (sorry, I don't know your real name!) your post made me laugh. Just as an update I still haven't heard from the guy. Why would a man make plans to see you again, for the 3rd time, and then not show up and just disappear from the face of the earth? It's odd. I know he's signed on to his computer today (we met at an online dating service and it says how recently a person has been on the site and he's been on since this morning) so I assume he's not dead or anything but still no call. I knew it was too good to be true but honestly it's making me more inspired to do the right thing weight loss wise. I don't know why exactly but I'm going with it! lol.

Talk to you all tomorrow (otherwise known as weigh in Monday, lol).
Old 01-23-2005, 11:15 PM   #44  
beautiful

hi everyone. i'm late on getting started with this but tomorrow is my day. i was bad this weekend..... what? i've been bad for the last 3-4 months what am i talking about? enough is enough. i got a new watp dvd. its from the power series, walk and jog its called... i think. i've watched it once. tomorrow i'm going to try it out for the very first time. its 30 minutes long.

my plan is to do that at least 3 times a week starting out. get back on water and stay within my points. i'm also going to start a real journal.
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 03:04 AM   #45  

Not so great (past 2 days)

Food: Pretty close, maybe a little over
Water: 3ltrs, a day
Exercise: 0.2, total
CassandraA is offline   Reply With Quote