Old 02-15-2005, 11:04 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Ingrid--that is awesome. WTG on making it through the day. You have certainly come a long way and I know you are an inspiration to me. Sometimes we need to slide a little to get some of that motivation back and it looks like yours is back and in full force.

Claire--That's good that you maintained and didn't gain with not exercising like you wanted. Good job on the 2 days in a row. I think your cold may have headed this way though.

I woke up this morning with an itchy scratchy throat. I tried to do the 4 mile super challenge and made it through two miles. I didn't want to overexert myself. I wasn't getting winded or anything but I couldn't take those deep cleansing breaths to let in some oxygen. Oh and I had one small piece of chocolate yesterday (sure it was 75 calories for one but I ate it really, really slow and enjoyed every last bite )
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 11:39 AM   #137  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Hi all just thought I would check in. Kimberley and I also indulged in some chocolate yesterday. We each had one of those new hersey bars. It was within our plan though. They are 210 calories and 9 grams of fat. I've been doing really well lately. Yesterday was the start of my third week at the Y and I have not missed a weekday yet. I don't go on the weekends. Those two days are mine. With work and working out that is pretty much all I can do during the week.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 01:27 PM   #138  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

We celebrated V-day with a homemade dinner Saturday, which wasn't too bad, but we celebrated again yesterday, and having that many days going over plan I have a feeling Friday's weigh in won't be a good un. I got up early and did some extra exercise, and I think I'll do that tomorrow too. We have way too much chocolate in the house.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 11:51 PM   #139  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

Congrats to everyone for sticking with it. I won't go into my day (it wasn't good) but I'm again going to start again as of now.

Dragonwoman, we're exactly the same weight! I don't think I've ever had that since I started coming here, that someone was my exact weight. I thought that was interesting.

Keep up the great work everyone. You all inspire me!!
Stinger766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 09:42 AM   #140  
Never surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger766
Dragonwoman, we're exactly the same weight! I don't think I've ever had that since I started coming here, that someone was my exact weight. I thought that was interesting.
Hey, Ingrid, great going on the 3 lbs. I just sucked this holiday and will pay for it, I'm sure (so we may not stay the same weight for long, doh!). But, gotta keep plugging at it. I'm throwing in some extra exercise sessions, did today and will tomorrow. Friday is my weigh in day.

Take care,
Old 02-16-2005, 10:48 AM   #141  
Live for the Moment!

Well Valentines Day wasn't too bad for me, I was probably about 500 calories over, but I worked out for 2 hours that morning and did get in all my water.

However, yesterday was a different story - we had a potluck at work and I totally overate... Totally off plan for dinner too. Then rather than working out, I went home, had a ton of coffee and did accomplish a whole assignment for my Law Course so even though, it was a bad day, I'm very happy with how productive I was.

Anyways, totally back on track today... and that's the key is stepping right back on plan after a day off, never let it turn into more than a day or two or its really easy for things to spiral out of control.

Everyone here seems to be doing great.... I'll check in again later!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 10:50 PM   #142  
Making myself proud.

Good job as always to everyone.

Celina, I was off plan yesterday too but I didn't get anything done to make up for it. lol. I think you're doing great and are 100% right about not letting things get out of control for more than a day or two.

Today I'm totally back on the food plan and have eaten within my fat gram limit. I should drink more water though and will try to do that after I get done here tonight.

Keep up the great work people. We're all going to make it to our goals, short and long term.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:45 AM   #143  
Never surrender

I stayed on program yesterday and added an extra 1/2 hour exercise. No chocolate passed these lips.

I'm wearing my reward shirt for losing the last 5 lbs to help motivate me today. Here's a pic of me in it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg marge blue.jpg (9.8 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by dragonwoman64; 02-17-2005 at 10:45 AM.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:31 AM   #144  

WTG Celina on getting back on track and not beating yourself up over splurging.

Ingrid--it sounds like you are getting back on track as well. Keep up the good work.

Marge--that is a pretty shirt. WTG on going the extra mile

I've still be staying OP and getting in my exercise. Of course the boss just came by and said she's buying pizza for lunch today for all of us since we are having a powwow meeting. So now I've got to adjust what I'll be eating tonight since I have to go to a meeting where we are sampling new recipes and all aren't healthy. I'll just plan to eat less tomorrow to help make up for it.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:22 PM   #145  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

VD wasn't bad for me at all. I got a homemade 8-CD set, Prince's Greatest Hits.

Wonderful non caloric gift, and much more well thought out than flowers (I'm allergic) and not as naughty as Russell Stover's Coconuts.

I'm on a new birth control pill, have been taking it in the morning, and by 2, I've got gutrot & haven't been eating dinner. So tonight at the gym we'll see if it's had an effect on the scale.

Tonight is my personal trainer evaluation + we are going thru my new program. I really hate my new gym. Too many people, all of them strangers, and everything I want to do is on the third floor. So I will lose weight just getting to the weight room, nevermind actually lifting them.

Hope everyone else is doing grrrrrrreat!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 08:40 PM   #146  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Been kind of struggling the last couple days ~ feeling weak (tempted to eat something I shouldn't). Feeling kind of in a funk today ~ can't put my finger on it. Usually talking to my mom helps ~ but that didn't seem to help today. Every time she says something to Dad, he growls and snaps at her. I love them both and it is hard to listen to that.

Thoughts about food have been taking over my thoughts more the last couple days. This feeling like I would just like to kind of eat anything that struck my fancy ~ not count and measure ~ just eat what ever it was until I felt satisfied. I have resisted the urge ~ from past experience I know that I might enjoy it at the moment, but then I won't feel good about having done it afterwards. But having resisted hasn't given me any satisfaction either. I am feeling like I just wish I could go to sleep and not think about it, but I have stuff to do, so I shouldn't do that. I don't feel like doing the stuff I should be doing. Grrrrr. What is wrong with me?

So, I am here writing ~ knowing that some one of you all will probably understand.

Thanks for listening.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 09:52 PM   #147  
Making myself proud.

Gayle,

I could have written that at many times myself in the last three months. It goes in cycles with me. I'm good and don't think about bad food or feel tempted and then I'll go through a stage where every day is a big struggle. You know you can get through it and coming here was definitely a good thing because you know we're all here for you and going through the same feelings.

I hope everyone else is having a successful day. I'm having a great day food wise but still can't seem to get on the exercising band wagon. I figure good food is better than nothing and I still feel good about it. I decided tonight that after 2 bad days this week and TOM due any time now I won't be weighing in on Monday so as not to get discouraged and quit (again!). I'll be shooting for 4 lbs loss by the 28th.

I'll check in again tomorrow. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK EVERYONE!!!
Old 02-23-2005, 11:26 AM   #148  
Live for the Moment!

Hello Ladies - Just thought I'd "resurface" this thread to see how your all doing.

I'm sure you're doing just great - especially Dawnyal - She's just on fire lately!

As for me, totally fell off the wagon for like 5 days... its truly amazing how stress can affect you so much. I'm stressed as there was threat of a lockout (still is, but smaller chance) at work and I have a final exam on Saturday that I'm totally unprepared for. I really have to acknowledge when I'm stressed and try and find another way to cope with it. I mean, before I quit smoking last month - that would be my outlet when stressed - Now, I've turned to food... Anyways, so yesterday I got back on plan with food & water - just can't get in the exercise until next week as other than work, I'm focused on studying. However, I've lowered my cals. just a little bit to compensate for not exercising.

I plan on not getting on the scale for a week or two as I don't want to get discouraged... Although, having a week off plan, I still don't think I gained much as I was still around 2000-2500 cals. per day and that's what I need to maintain so we'll see... I'll keep you updated!

Now, as for all of you - where are your updates????
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 12:28 PM   #149  
Never surrender

Gayle, I hope you've cheered up by now. Maybe it's part of the winter blues, I'm feeling it a little too.

In the past week I only had one V-day candy, so that was a success. I've been on program exercise and food wise, got on the scale today (unofficial weigh in) and was disappointed the number wasn't lower. I still have 2 days, so we'll see. I gained 2 lbs last week and wanted to see that and more gone this week; at this point it's looking doubtful, though I know I'll see some loss. I have a feeling I'm going to have to increase the exercise and get the calories down some to keep seeing consistent weight loss.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:12 PM   #150  

Celina--I have stumbled a bit. I guess my wagon hit a bump or something and almost derailed me over the weekend with stress. I made it through the weekend with just a few minor scratches but I learned so much from it, I'm actually glad that it was a stressful weekend because I learned that I can handle stress even if it means I need to take a few minutes to myself to just relax. I think I need to learn some breathing and meditation exercises to help me to calm down. Today is the first day I was able to get in my hour walk in the morning and I feel so much more refreshed.