Old 01-10-2005, 10:31 AM   #1  
Live for the Moment!

Cool Can you believe its 2005 already??!?

Well Ladies, I'm still in shock of how fast the last 6 months have gone and can't believe yet another new year has come. This is the first minute of spare time that I've had to sit down and write on here for awhile, so I thought I'd make a catch up thread. As for me, things are slowing down a little bit.. no more overtime at work which is nice. Hopefully I'll be able to get back on here in full swing, all I've had time for lately is just popping in and reading a couple threads.

So, how have you all been? How were your holidays? How is 2005 treating you so far? I've missed you all and see that we also have many new people that have joined us (which I can't wait to get to know by the way).

I've decided that 2005 is going to be my year of big change... I am attempting to quit smoking, actually today is Day #1 with the patch on and no cigarettes (wish me luck)... I want to live a healthier life with food and excercise and I want to get us financially stable. You heard it folks, those are my goals for 2005. So, now my key is to get back on plan... I've really been struggling the past few months and can't make sense of why.. However, I did a big Healthy grocery shop yesterday so this week should be a little easier..

Anyways, time for me to go get ready for work... Have a Wonderful Day!

Cheers,
Celina
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:52 AM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hey there girl!! I've missed you!!! So glad to see you back and with such determination!!! I love the new year, fills you up with such motivation!!! I know you will do it this time. Food, finances and smoking all at once? Hmmm, you might be setting yourself up there a bit. Maybe you should get a week or two of the no smoking under your belt before you try to get 100% back on plan.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

welcome back. Glad to hear you have a plan in place and working toward achieving your goals.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 12:56 PM   #4  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I to love the new year wether I've done good or bad it's always a motivation point to start doing better. This year is a little easier because I can fall back on the 83 lbs I lost last year. That makes me just all the more pumped up to get the next 85 off. My goals this year for my health will be get started on exercise and really focus on eating healthy foods not just losing weight. My Dad started having heart problems when he was 39 or there abouts. I don't want to follow in the same foot steps. So my goal is to be totally healthy by the time I'm 39. That means doing regular exercise and being at a weight that is healthy. I have a year and a half to do that. I think I can get it done a little sooner then that but I want it to be normal everyday activity by June 2, 2006.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 01:58 PM   #5  

Celina, I was thrilled to read that you are quitting smoking! I know how hard today is going to be for you. I've been there. I don't know if this will help, but it did for me, exercise when you have the severe cravings. Sometimes that helps when other things won't. When it come down to it there was nothing that helped me those first few days but food. If I recall this is not your first time quitting. You pretty much know the drill so I don't think I can add anything else. I want you to succeed!! You can do it!
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 05:59 PM   #6  
Live for the Moment!

Tammy - Well I'm doing okay so far... Its hard though.. Today's been pretty tough. All I can say is thank god for the patch otherwise I bet I would have given up already. This is the 1st time I've tried to quit since January 2003.. but there's something different this time. My mentality is different.. And yes, food is a big one to help however I packed the smallest lunch for today... grrrr... so I've been munching on co-workers "bad" foods.. Guess I'll know better for tomorrow.. And, to be honest I'd much rather eat some peanuts than go have a cigarette..Just trying to balance the less of two evils..
Old 01-10-2005, 10:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Hey Stranger! I'm so proud of you! Can't wait to catch up and see you around more.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:56 PM   #8  

Yep, yep. I gained when I quit and have since lost that weight. I was not going to make my body endure more than I could handle and not being able to munch probably would have made me pick up a cigarette. I tried to eat healthy things but that did not work so well. I wanted sweets. Twizzlers to be exact. If you can find healthy foods to snack on that is great. Just don't be to hard on yourself. I had to be told that about a million times, because I was so worried about weight gain. I am now smoke free and smaller than I was then so it all works out in the end. Do what you have to do to get you through the cravings so that you don't start back. Congrats on your first day!!
Old 01-11-2005, 10:53 AM   #9  
Ready to take care of me!

Congrats on you quitting smoking. I quit many years ago on zyban. It help me so much. It is hard but so worth it.
~moon puppy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 05:30 PM   #10  
2006 - Panda Remix

Good luck with quitting smoking Celina!!

You can do it! I think the reason that most people put on a little weight when they give up is not necessarily eating bad stuff, but eating more. smoking is a natural appetite suppressant and I found my appetite really increased when I gave up.

If you are careful, any weight gain will be minimal - it will be worth it to rid yourself of smoking for good!

All the best

Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 05:59 PM   #11  

Heya Celina, Just checking in to see how your second day is going.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:48 PM   #12  
Live for the Moment!

Thanks for all the wonderful encouragement!

So far, Day #2 is another success...Its weird ya know?! I mean, I know its only been 2 days since I quit.. but it just even seems weird to know I havent had a cigarette in 2 days. That truly amazes me! Its probably been years since I've not smoked. Its a little easier than I thought it would be actually. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying its not hard.. It almost seems impossible at times! However, I know I'm strong and that I can do it. I simply just don't want to smoke anymore... PERIOD! So, here's to many more smoke free days to come!

Anyways, I'm gonna go now to catch the Biggest Loser Finale..
Old 01-12-2005, 06:40 PM   #13  
2006 - Panda Remix

Well done Celina!

I agree that if you are absolutely determined then it's not as hard as you think! Stopping at all is the hardest bit.

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:47 PM   #14  

I hope your third day was a success. It only gets easier from here. You are doing great. Your attitude is an A+!!
Old 01-12-2005, 10:25 PM   #15  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Congrats on quitting smoking!! Good to see you back.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote