3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   What I did on my Christmas Vacation! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/50912-what-i-did-my-christmas-vacation.html)

SwimGirl 12-29-2004 01:11 PM

What I did on my Christmas Vacation!

I had 2 christmas's, both of which were good. For the one we had on the 25th I spoke to my aunt who actually yelled at me over the phone about how ungreatful I am, I remember why I don't like her.. I got spoiled ROTTEN! The "biggest" present I got was a mini iPOD in baby pink, it's really cute, and I look forward to playing with it (we just got in from 2nd Christmas in Seattle this morning. We went USA shopping, which just means Squirt! It's a guilty pleasure of mine.. I live about 2 hours away from Seattle, but I'm always shocked about how different things are. We went to Taco Bell yesterday, which we only have 2 of in Vancouver, the roads are totally different.. How can 2 countries be so different and so close together? Someone commented on my "accent", I live 2 hours away, how do I talk different?! Anyways, it's always great fun to go to Seattle, we are heading back down in January. :) mmm.. more squirt ;) I'm also feeling ready to commit to a no-soft drink thing my boyfriend and I agreed to, no sugar drinks is what we are aiming for until January 28th. I know with the bf involved it will actually happen, soft drinks are my only real weakness, but they aren't as much for him. I missed posting on here, and with the Christmas thing over work won't be as busy, so I'll have more time and energy. :)

-Aimee

heather_dw 12-29-2004 03:15 PM

awww,.... an IPOD? I wanted a pink Ipod,.. :-P

I cant complain, I got alot of neat stuff;-)

Sounds like you had a good Christmas. As for the soda, after the first few days, you won't even miss it. I haven't had soda since August, and I very seldom crave it, and if I do, I just take one sip from hubby's soda and then just go on with my business:-D

Tammy32 12-30-2004 12:00 AM

I drink Diet Soda. It took a good deal of time to get used to it though. My mom kept saying I would, and I did not believe her and lo and behold almost ten months later I am used to Diet and don't crave regular sodas anymore. I know alot of people here don't drink sodas of any kind. I've given up so much already and I'm not willing to give up Diet Soda.

Aimee, sounds like you had a great Christmas. You sound really happy. :)

djs06 12-30-2004 01:10 AM

I was wondering where you ran off to! Glad to hear you had fun Christmas(es). I agree with everyone else about the soda- once you stop, after a few days you won't miss it. Maybe you can try unsweetened iced tea and stuff... I know my big thing with soda is needing the caffeine :lol:. Happy new year!

SwimGirl 12-30-2004 02:06 AM

I always crave soft drinks, I went without sugar or bad carbs (like bread/pasta.. basically processed foods), for like 5 months and my cravings never went away, it's possible it's a psychological thing.. either way, I'm conscious of it and am trying to correct it. Unfortunately for me diet soft drinks aren't an option, I'm allergic to aspartame, my throat swells up, and while that is a great appetite suppressant not always so healthy ;)

Heather, my iPOD is SO SO cute, it's even engraved to say "To Aimee, from your rich american brother". Very sweet of him. He always spoils me rotten, I love it!

Dana, awww.. you noticed I wasn't around? Thats sweet, I always wonder if people notice when others aren't around as much.

I am completely exhausted, people are CRANKY, and MEAN.. I had lots of bad customers today (yelling at me until I cry? not so nice), so I'm going to go get a nice back rub from the bf and get some sleep. :)

-Aimee

howie6267 12-30-2004 11:58 AM

Good to see you had a nice Christmas and good to see you back. I love those little IPODs I just don't know that I would use it. I'm more of a talk radio type than music. Glad you got something you really love. My favorite was an antique pocket watch that my best freind gave me. One of the best gifts I've ever recieved. It's one of those gifts that you just can't put down. I'm always looking at it.

PamPSM644 12-30-2004 01:17 PM

Swimgirl, glad you had a nice x-mas. Saw your post over on "Jaded Ladies".I like to go there sometimes to. I had a wonderful X-mas,got lots of new smaller clothes. Best present of all was not being afraid of the camera for the first time sence I don't know when. Had a Grandma like your Aunt.Terrorized the whole family while she was alive. :fr:

Br00klyn 01-01-2005 03:57 PM

Aimee,

Glad to hear you had a great christmas (es)... I as well got very spoiled. :) Steve and I have 3 xmas's every year... Christmas Eve was off to my mom's for presents and dinner, Christmas Day - to Steve's parent's for dinner and more gifts.. then finally at around 9pm when we get home on Christmas Day, we sit down with a bottle of wine and open our gifts to each other and all the presents that we sent from Newfoundland!

As for the pop thing, I'm not a great one to offer advice.. I as well, am addicted to Pepsi... and am trying to stop... I do know its possible, however I switched to Diet in order to satisfy the cravings... There is pop in the US called "Diet Rite" (i think) and its sweetened with Splenda, not aspartame.. you may want to pick some of that up to have on hand, just incase a bad craving hits. :)