Old 12-29-2004, 09:05 AM   #16  
Learning to love ME!

Congratulations!!! How exciting for you! Remember to get plenty of rest. I was so tired the first weeks of my pregnancy, I'd fall asleep everywhere--on the bus, at my desk. I finally brought in a pillow and blanket to work, so I could take a little nap in the afternoon (shh! don't tell!).

Here's my favorite website for pregnancy and mothering issues:
http://mothering.com/discussions/
Gypsydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 11:47 AM   #17  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Congrats also!! I was so tired the first trimester as well, I slept the whole 3 months I swear. You'll be so happy that you are not carrying that extra weight of your own once you start putting on baby weight. Don't worry too much about it though. I gained about 45 lbs and lost it all in 3 weeks after my little boy was born. It was all water and baby.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 03:11 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Thanks everyone. I am so excited and scared at the same time. I just want everything to be ok through the first trimester. I guess this is the time that miscarriages happen. I know its such a critical time and I want to do everything right.

I'll tell you, I AM tired! REALLY Tired and SO HUNGRY! I actually took a nap today at lunch. I woke myslef up with my snoring!!! I MUST be tired. I don't usually snore unless I am exhausted. Right now I have an hour commute to and from work everyday. I hate the drive right now. I am so tired, I get afraid of falling asleep at the wheel. I've been cranking up the radio and putting the window down! So far so good!

Ahhh... this feels nice being pregnant... so far.... I'm sure in a few months I won't be saying this!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 03:20 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

aww,.. congrats! I am so happy for you!! I am sure that your hubby is thrilled:-D

Wow,.. there really must be something in the water around here..lol
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 09:00 PM   #20  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Congratulations, Gretchen!!!! I knew what it was before I even opened the thread. You will make a fantastic mother.

I am worried about continuing to post here, though. Since I've been here, snowball, Dana, Kimberlie & now Gretchen!!! I can't let this happen to me!!!!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 01:21 AM   #21  

Congratulations on your blessing. You will be a great mother
dharmaspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 04:08 PM   #22  
beautiful

OMG how exciting!!!! so you have to tell us how you told your husband and have you told your family etc? what was his/their reaction?!?!?!?! if you are due in early sept have it on sept 1st. i have been waiting years for someone to have a baby on my birthday. LOL

so what other symptoms do you have? the very first symptom i had with both of mine is that i thought i had the flu and that was really scary because i was taking over the counter meds and then come to find out i was actually pregnant. the next symptom i had with both is that i couldn't sleep at night. i would lie there and toss and turn but never could fall asleep. i'd sleep just fine during the day though. i had another common symptom but its embarrassing so i'll keep it to myself. LOL

oh wow this is so great! just take it easy. i'm sure things will go well for you. Congratulations!
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 04:16 PM   #23  
Losin' it forever!

Default Congrats!

What a perfect Christmas present, Gretchen! I'm celebrating with you!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 05:26 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Shelly- Well, we were trying... (Only one time!!) so I took the test with my hubby right there. We were excited. I think I called my immediate family within 5 minutes of finding out! Everyone is so happy. I'm 28 so I thought it was time to get started! I'll shoot for the 1st of September although, Sept 7 would be even more awesome because its my birthday! Symptoms... Definitely sleepless nights... Extremely tired during the day and SO hungry!! I have some soreness of my breasts not too much and I already have the queezy stomach! I am excited but nervous just wanting to get throught the 1st 3 months. I go for a blood test on Monday and then onto my routine visits! I can't wait..
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 10:39 PM   #25  
beautiful

very cool. i wasn't really trying with my son but i wasn't not trying if ya know what i mean. with my daughter that was just a complete and total surprise..... only took one time. LOL i never had morning sickness with either of my two. so hopefully if you get it it won't be too bad. i'm still so excited for you and your hubby though!!! i could dance a jig, which might be a good thing so i can burn some calories off. LOL i can't wait til its time to start picking out names! do you already have some you like?
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 12:09 AM   #26  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Couldn't be more excited for you!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 12:22 AM   #27  
Exercise Vidiot

Congrats Gretchen! I am so excited for you and your husband! I know you are nervous right now, and your family will be in my prayers. But in no time, this first 3 months will be over and you will be able to relax a little. Just think, next Christmas you will have a baby! I am soooo jealous!
Fitbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 03:15 PM   #28  

Oh Gretchen and hubby, I am so excited for you! A baby, how fabulous. I know it is hard not to worry but just remember that this is a natural process that your body is made to do. You will be fine. I remember being pregnant with my girls, it is a magical time - one of the best times of my life. As they grow, they start to move, then squirm around and then kick. They like to use your bladder as a trampoline and you bond with them from the moment you realize they are with you. Ah, gives me warm fuzzies. Enjoy! What a celebration... As for telling people, that is great! We can help celebrate. I know some say you shouldn't say anything until after 12 weeks but heh, if something did happen you would want and need the love and support of people who care for you. I have had four pregnancies, two of which were successful and I was grateful for the folks that celebrated and supported me through all. Run out and get yourself a copy of What to Expect when you are Expecting - great book. Don't worry, your energy will come back full steam in a few weeks. Congrats!

Jenaya
Jenaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 03:58 PM   #29  
Live for the Moment!

Gretchen! OMG! That's soooooo exciting! Good for you... I'm so happy for you.

Keep us informed...

Congrats & Hugs!
Celina
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 08:42 PM   #30  
Aunt to many Mom to none.

Height: 5' 6"

Smile

mrs_streams is offline   Reply With Quote