Old 12-28-2004, 07:56 PM   #16  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Thanks for the support all. I could not stand it and decided to come clean and just weigh myself. So when I got to work I did it. Now it is not the most accurate weigh in because I ate breakfast and lunch and had my coffee. I also wear more clothes than if I were to weigh at the doctors. So I usually weigh 4 lbs heavier in the evening at work than in the morning at the doctors. Anyway now that I got all the excuses out of the way. I gained 13 lbs by the work scales so I'm guessing it is a 9 lb gain. Which is a lot better than I thought it would be. I am encouraged by that. I feel really good about things today. I have that first of the year resolve to get things back on track.

By next week I may even be back to my pre holiday binge weight. So here’s to the new year and a healthier us.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 08:45 PM   #17  

Howie, I'm the same way. If I weigh anytime after breakfast I weigh 4-5 pounds more than I would with a morning weigh. Well, now you know exactly what you have to lose as opposed to worrying about what the scale is going to say. Weighing-in probably was way better than mentally beating yourself up with guilt and the unknown about just how much weight you had gained. I'm glad it was only 9 pounds instead of the 15 that you thought it might be. You really sound more upbeat now. Good for you!

Heya Cole You are so nice. Yeah, we all relate to each other really well since most of us do share alot of the same issues. You are certainly not alone. I know that I fight food every single day. I'm like Dana with exercise, but the food part is really evil sometimes.

Dana, if you are anything like me you can look at a candy bar and gain a pound. I gain weight so easily that sometimes I just want to scream and shout and throw a fit. I come from a long line of slow metabolisms. Even with exercise I still consider my metabolism to not be that good. Anyways, I'm with ya on getting serious again. Here's to all of us and the coming of the New Year.

Last edited by Tammy32; 12-28-2004 at 08:49 PM.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:54 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I'm glad the situation is better than you thought, Howie. I think you're right, and most, if not all, of the holiday weight will be off in a week or two. I'm glad you're not sweating it too much.

Cole, that's nice of you! Feel free to jump right in, I always love to read what everyone else has to say. Sharing in everyone else's victories helps keep me grounded, you know?

Tammy, I definitely hear you on the looking at food and gaining weight front. I know my family is the same way, and it's frustrating, but I think you're doing the right thing by approaching your exercise in a way that will help your metabolism in the long run.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 01:52 AM   #19  
Born Loser

Sorry about your weight gain Dana but we can get it back off. Keep up the good work on the exercise. Your gain could have been a lot worse if you had not been doing that.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:47 AM   #20  
Learning to love ME!

Hi, Howie and Dana! I think you've "caught" your gain before the holidays are even over, so you should be commended! Plus maybe it's shaken up your metabolism a little and you'll have a January full of nice losses.
Gypsydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 12:08 PM   #21  

Default Damage control

Not so bad for this time of year...dropped 3 pounds and currently at 292...Little bit surprised about this as i had 3 big meals within past week.., Lunch with my ex-girlfriend, x-Mas eve at my parents place and a gigantic spaghetti-smoked-meat plate on x-mas night.....

I guess this big calorie intake was counter-balanced by multiple sessions of cross-country skiing....i just love this, great for cardio, muscle mass, and the solitude of the woods.....

Hey Howie, don't give up pal.....
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 04:40 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Dana - I you'll work off those nasty lbs before long. I have a totally different problem I have to push myself to workout. I thought for awhile there I was moving in the other direction with it because I loved it. Now I'm back to pushing myself. humm

Cole63 - Thank you for posting. It's an nice to know were are not alone and together we can help each other.

Howie - I know what you mean it's better to face the battle head on. Now you know what you have to do and I'm sure that 9 lbs will be just a memory before long.

frenchiepolarbear - Nice loss. I also love cross country skiing I haven't done it many years but it's so nice to be out in the woods and the wildlife. Nice crisp air. Keep up the great work.

As for me I'm trying not to be upset. I'm the same weight as lastweek. I did have a few treats. Just 3 homemade carmels and one sugar cookie. That was my being naughty for the holidays. I stayed on plan other wise and I did workout. *sigh*
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 11:09 PM   #23  

FPB, Awesome!! You worked hard and pretty much watched what you ate and you saw results for your hardwork!! Way to go!!

Mez, Dana and I were kind of talking about this also. How we can pretty much look at food and gain a pound. Even though most of the time I completely stay on track and exercise I don't see much for it when others on here are racing past me with their weight loss. You are doing so well. Don't let it get you down. Next week you will see a loss I am sure. You are a maintainer! That is not shabby at all!! Way better than a gain.

Well, I weighed today for the first time in over a month. To my shock and surprise I gained one measely pound!! I am just thrilled. At least two of those weeks I was totally out of control when my son was hit by the car fighting the urge to not take up my smoking habit again. So, I made it through the accident and holidays relatively unscathed. *Doing the happy Dance* Now, if I could just get over being sick I'd be even happier.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 01:04 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Woo hoo, Tammy! Didn't know you were stressed about gaining, but I'm sure glad it was minimal. This is going to be a great year for you, I can feel it- you're going to get to your goal, and we're all going to jump up and down and scream. Also, I thought this deserved an extra for not smoking, despite all the stress you've been under. Good for you! How IS your son, by the way?
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 02:18 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Well I jumped on my scale this morning, after breakfast and a 3 hour car ride, and my scale says the exact same thing it did last time I weighed in (which I can't remember when). I was expecting a huge gain, I've been eating everything in sight, and I mean EVERYTHING. I had McD's for breakfast in the car, pizza in the 5 minutes before I started work, and then Chinese Food on my 10 minute break at work (definitely not legal, but we have staff issues). It's been like this for 12 days.. bad bad Aimee!

I'm sure we will are start to lose as the New Year begins, it's January, weight loss is all around! Just keep it up!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 11:28 AM   #26  
Born Loser

Hi Aimee, it looks like a lot of us have done the same thing. Like you said the new year is coming up and we will all be back on track. I've already started. I've been on plan for 2 days and I feel great.

It's amazing how eating effects your mood. I don't know why I don't eat like this all the time. I feel so much better and have such a better outlook on life. I really wish I could figure out why I go down the paths I do. I look back at my weight chart and I can see the pattern. About every two months I fall back into old habits and gain about 8 to 10 lbs. I lose more the times I'm on plan so it's been working. I just can't figure out why I go back when I'm doing so good.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:02 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 170/153/135

Default Happy 2005

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy and safe new year! Can you believe it is 2005? Only good things can lie ahead...
Cole63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 11:06 AM   #28  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

Ok, it's been a long time since I posted here. Does anyone even remember me? lol. I couldn't post anymore because I didn't have a home computer and I couldn't access this site anymore from work but I have have a home computer now and I'm looking forward to getting back on track here.

Here's a quick recap of my story and what's going on currently. I started dieting on 1/12/04. By the end of November I'd lost 96 lbs but things were plateauing and I was getting frustrated. I decided to take the holiday season off. I started eating like I used to and stopped walking 20 miles a week on the treadmill like I had been and last time I weighed myself (about a week ago) I'd gained 19 lbs! That's a cautionary tale for everyone about how quickly things can go bad. I'm starting back to diet tomorrow and back to exercise after the cold I have now is completely gone. I figure it will take until about Valentine's day to lose what I've gained back but I'm ok with that. No use dwelling on what I can't go back in time and change.

I look forward to getting to know everyone (or getting reaquainted with the people who remember me from before). Talk to you all soon!
Stinger766 is offline   Reply With Quote