Old 12-10-2004, 09:29 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default 20 ways to win at losing weight (#5)

5. Keep an honest food journal. "It's essential," Jillian insists. "You need to track what you eat in detail. Not 'peanuts,' but how many peanuts. What time of day? And why are you eating just then? Writing it down amkes you accountable and aware, and it helps you identify the mistakes you're making. Maybe your blood sugar id fluctuating through the day. Maybe you're skipping meals. Maybe you feel like you're not eating that much but, when you add it up, it comes to 2,500 calories a day."

My thoughts: I would have made this #1. Any time I have ever lost any amount of weight, I have kept an accurate food journal. It keeps you henest, aware and it keeps you planning.

Your thoughts??
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:36 AM   #2  
PamPSM644

This is one of my two best tools,walking being the sec.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 11:17 AM   #3  

Yes- for the first 6 weeks of my diet I journaled consistently. Now I plan my meals and bring my food to work and do not eat anything extra besides what's in my bag. So I know in my head how many carbs I have. If I didn't do it in the first place though I wouldn't have had the strength to mentally track it now.
KandiceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 03:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I agree as well. I know that even if I did splurge and have 3500 calories in one, it is a big eye opener to see that number on their and know that I need to do better.

just like today, on payday Fridays I eat out with my corkers. We went to a pizza buffet today (Of course I had a tooth pulled this morning so could only eat soft foods anyway). Well I got some pudding with fruit and such in it. When I entered it on fitday, I found out it had 361 calories. that's quite a bit for some pudding and fruit. but now that I know I wasted those calories on some sweetness, I can adjust what I plan on eating the rest of the evening to still stay where I need to be
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 01:31 AM   #5  
missaprylj

I fully agree. The only times I've ever felt "OP" was when I was journaling in FitDay. Maybe that's telling me something..........
Old 12-11-2004, 01:26 PM   #6  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

I agree with Sandy that I would have made this higher. If not #1 then it definitely should be #2.

Melissa
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote