3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 100 lb. Club

20 ways to win at losing weight (#4)

Old 12-10-2004, 10:23 AM   #1
Moderator - 100lb club

Height: 5'6

Default 20 ways to win at losing weight (#4)

4. Study Up. Before you lift a toe, do some legwork. "You can learn about nutrition and diets on Web sites like howstuff works.com or through books like Nutrition for Dummies," says Bob. Preparation helps you train wisely, too. "You can'tjust jump into an exerciseprogram without knowing wehat your doing," says Jillian. "At best you'll waste your time; at worst you could get injured." Find a beginner class or trainer to teach you the nuts and bolts. Or use books, fitness magazines, and videos. "Crunch Fitness puts out some awesome books that show all the basics," she says. "including Beginner's Luck, by Brad Halmer, and Perfect Posture, by Scott G. Duke."

My thoughts: I have always believe that preparation and knowledge are key to being successful at losing weight.

Your thoughts??

The Secret is: CONSISTENCY
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 11:34 AM   #2

Yep.Did that. Also talked to people here.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:15 PM   #3

didn't do it as much as I should have probably. I joined Curves because I wanted to lose, and heard really good things about them. My first workout was supervised and then they leave you on your own.

the diet- it was supervised. I started the Low Carb Curves diet plan and met every Tuesday for 6 weeks with other women.

Then I found out about this...
Official Curves weight (last updated 4/29/05)

Memorial day challenge!

40 INCHES LOST as of 04/29/05

*mini-goal #1- 7/26/05 (my 25th bday) 160- the best birthday gift I could give to myself!
*mini goal #2- 10/4/05 (1 year anniversary of diet) 155 (hope to achieve this before October though!)
KandiceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 03:11 PM   #4

Height: 5'3"

You know I really don't think this is a problem for most overweight people. I'll bet we are all supremely knowledgable about fitness and nutrition, it is a matter of putting that theory into practice is where we fall flat.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 04:23 PM   #5

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I agree with Jen. I know most of us here, have looked into tons of ways to lose weight and exercise. I know for me a lot of it is trial and error--finding the things I enjoy doing and stopping the ones I don't.

Halloween Goal

barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 02:28 AM   #6

Ditto to Jen and Dawnyal. I think that overweight people are often the most knowledgable about weight-loss. Now that's irony!
Old 12-11-2004, 02:25 PM   #7

Height: 5'7"

I have to agree with Jen, Dawnyal and Apryl. By the time I had reached my highest weight I had read every type of book on nutrition and diet. By the time I reached my highest weight I wasn’t in any condition to do anything but the basic walks, which every doctor will tell, you is one of the best exercises you can do. And while I worked my way down the scales I had the time to learn more about other exercise programs to incorporate in my day-to-day weight loss journey.

Highest weight: 381.4 Recommitted 1/7/12 at 381.4

“Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them quickly, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and follow where they lead.”

melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.