I've Lost 50 Pounds!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I'm too sick (still!) to feel as good at this as I thought I would, but I still wanted to report that I've finally reached the 50-pound loss mark! I know many people on here have lost much more, but this is a *big* milestone for me.

In some ways, I already feel like a different person. My energy level (sickness nonwithstanding) is so high, when I used to get winded walking from one end of the mall to the other. I actually like exercise and get antsy when I miss it. I no longer find it impossible to choose a healthy dinner, eat half of what's on my plate, and not feel deprived. And yes -- I have so much more confidence now!

I just want to thank everyone on here. Your words motivate and touch me far more than you could know. This forum is truly a godsend.

Next goals - Winter Solstice Challenge then ONEDERLAND!!!! Nothing's gonna stop me now.
  • Congratulations!!! And you are an inspiration for me -- your starting weight is extremely close to mine. Great job!! Hope you're feeling better soon, too.
  • Wonderful! Don't you feel proud? 50lbs is a lot.You'll notice so many improvements in your life.I'm also a 50 and what a change it's made for me.
  • Oh my goodness! 50 pounds is awesome! I think every pound is a huge accomplishment. Thank you for the inspiration! I hope you are feeling better soon. Keep up the good work! Do you mind sharing what you are doing to lose? Thanks.
  • WOW!! Jennifer, that's fantastic!
  • Good for you, Jennifer! I'm so proud of you!!
  • Please don’t undervalue the significance of your accomplishment. No matter what others may or may not have done, this is HUGE! I mean 50 pounds, that is outstanding! You are doing so great and we are all so proud of you. Keep it up, and I hope you feel better soon!

Beverly
  • WOOOO HOOOOO 50lbs THAT IS AWSOME!

That is always a great one to reach. 50 seems like so much more than 49.
  • That is so great!!! What an accomplishment. I agree that 50 pounds is a big deal. Just think where you'd be at if you still had those 50 pounds on you. Go to the feed store (or wal-mart) and grab up one of those 50 pound bags and carry it around for about 5 minutes. That's always a good dose of reality to remind you that you have come a LLLLLOOONNNGGG way.

I hope you get to feeling better soon.
  • WOW!!! 50 lbs!!! What an amazing job!! 50 lbs is no small feat. Congratulations!!!! Do you have pictures???

Feel better soon!!
  • Sandi -- I don't have a new full-body pic, but I'm hoping to have hubby take some this weekend. I think you can tell the MOST in my face, but judging from the reactions I got over Thanksgiving, you can probably tell all over .

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. I'm really so excited, even though I have lots left to go!
  • Jennifer is a Rock Star!!!
    JENNIFER LOST 50 POUNDS!!!

Jennifer, I'm so proud of you, I can hardly stand it!! You are doing SOOOOOOOOOOO beautifully, and you have earned my undying respect, my friend. You dropped each one of those fifty freaking pounds from **** through sweat, discipline, and consistency. You've won this success through focus and motivation, and no small faith in yourself.

You're strong, you're brave, and you're resilient.

And you're one **** of a nice woman, Jennifer. I'm sincerely ecstatic for you. Yay!!!

• Stop stop stop! I'm blushing!!!!

Kathy, I don't have time right now, but I will try to write a little something up later about what I'm doing. I will say this: it ain't rocket science (which begs the question -- why didn't I do it before???) I've tried to keep it fairly simple & use my own little made-up "plan."

More later!
  • What a fantastic accomplishment!! Way to go!
  • She's a brick....HOWSE>>> I used to love that song! CONGRATS AND THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION!