3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Struggling....and stressed... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/49924-struggling-stressed.html)

kjk123 12-01-2004 12:37 AM

Struggling....and stressed...

i feel the need to vent, and hopefully receive some other venting or (even better) advice in return.....

i love the holidays. don't get me wrong. love christmas, decorating, gift giving, all of it. but i'll be damned if it isn't the worst time in the entire year to try to even maintain my weight, let alone lose it!

i have the best intentions of eating better and working out. and then there's treats at work, and constant going out. and when i get home after a 10 hour day at work, and then some christmas shopping, i can't motivate myself to do anything but sit and watch tv and relax.

i'm just hoping i'm not the only person out there that is having these issues. just knowing that there are others will help, but i have got to get back on track...but every time i try, i just think "i might as well wait until 2005."

argh!!!

if there's anyone out there that shares these concerns, please feel free to vent - i'm a sympathetic ear, believe me. or if you have any suggestions, i am more than willing to listen and take your advice!

SwimGirl 12-01-2004 01:08 AM

I'm trying a new diet thing.. instead of losing weight, I'm going to see how much I can pack on.. At least then my body would be listening to my intentions! I don't know how to lose weight, nevermind do it with treats around. My best advice to you, and to myself, is to make a concious decision to eat a salad for one meal each day. With low cal dressing of course, and no cheese! If that doesn't work, lets see who can put on the most weight without dying? I'm sick in the head when I'm tired and discouraged. Today I got to hear that my mom weighs less than me, and while she IS shorter than I am... I am now the fattest person in my family. Care to join my pity party?

-Aimee

Angelic_Me 12-01-2004 03:40 AM

I'm not much help....but...hugs to both of YOU!

PamPSM644 12-01-2004 10:42 AM

:rofl: Swimgirl,at least you have a healthy sence of humor. Isn't a good "vent" cleansing?I love them.I can remember the day I realized that I had become my mother. :fr: Very scarry.You can use that to motivate you . Put a picture of your mom on your frig.Hug to both of you.

Inca's Momma 12-01-2004 02:02 PM

I would love to give good advice but sitting here 40 pounds lighter and wearing my "big" jeans that are getting snug I'm quite pissy. Geez I'm only 8 weeks pregnant and my darn belly should not be swelling up like this already. I am thankful the scale isn't going up but grrrrrrr none of my clothes fit :censored: Ok I think I'm done with the hissy fit. Just think guys in a month all the holidays festivities and such crap will be over with and we can return to normal eating habits :p

rebelridergirl 12-01-2004 03:11 PM

I bet one of my thighs outweighs my mother! She is itty-bitty, petite and not very heavy. I am with you on the treats at work. We are having them every other day until Christmas. Ughh! My brother has kept off over 100 pounds for years now, but he gets fed up with it too. We had a talk the other night and he gets frustrated because he doesnt allow himself the luxury of screwing up his diet. He said that when he turns 50 he just going to forget it all and turn into Jabba the Hut. I used to to do Weight Watchers and the leader said that during the holidays instead of dieting she allowed herself to gain 5 pounds, but that's all. She said she was more successful in the long run, because she didnt feel so defeated. Its a thought.

barbygirl43 12-02-2004 12:34 PM

Ok girls, you can do this. Baby steps. If you are getting overwhelmed at all that has to be done and all the parties and feasts, work on just one or two habits at a time. Instead of grabbing 4 cookies that are offered to you, have one and chew it really really slowly. If you do end up eating the 4 cookies (or more) don't beat yourself up over it. It was one incident. Someone here posts this often (I can't remember who) but as long as you are good 90% of the time, you will lose weight. You have to remember to look at the big picture. Even in you pigged out every day of December and ate "on plan" the other 334 days of the year, you would be eating well 92% of the time.

good luck to you.

howie6267 12-02-2004 01:42 PM

I find it better not to nibble at all. If they have stuff out at work and I take one I know I'm back for 3 or 4 more. I have my set days that I will enjoy the holiday food other than that it's off limits. It's only food and it won't be the end of the world if we don't eat the treats at work or other places. Try picking 2 or 3 events where you give yourself the ok to induldge and then stay on plan the rest of the time. I find I don't feel deprived this way. I know I'm going to enjoy all the food that I want on those days. For me it was Thanksgiving then dinner with friends this weekend and I will enjoy Christmas Eve with my family. So 3 days I can eat what I want and can look forward to them and tell myself I don't need this treat in front of me because I will have my treats on this day. You all can do it. Lets set it in our minds now to lose weight during the holidays or at least maintain.

slimmingsi 12-02-2004 05:37 PM

well as you all know i'm a beer monster and this time of year is a pain in the arse. with birthdays and christmas parties and stuff luckily i'm on a chocolate boycott all of next year again and i've kinda started now so nibbling isn't to much of a problem and i'm atkinsish to so nuts are great

rebelridergirl 12-02-2004 06:14 PM

Dawnyal- You are so right. It isnt the end of the world if the holiday season doesnt go as planned and I dont lose as much as I wish. I think the major thing to think about is that deep under the layers here...I am wanting and trying to have a better lifestyle for life.

Its really easy to crash diet and lose a ton of weight quickly, but it is much harder to maintain it and live a better life. I dont want the easy way out anymore. I want to do this the right way, for once in my life!!

Howie- I get the same way. A tiny taste usually winds up lots of not tiny tastes. Sometimes, its best to leave it alone until I have my designated "meal off" my plan.

Slimmingsi-OH!!! I love beer, too!! LOL! I prolly sound like an alki, but this time of the year and summer are so hard in that department. I have been trying to do a little vodka and diet sprite zero when I am in the situation. Not bad, but it's not beer!

Thanks everyone for all the support!

howie6267 12-02-2004 08:09 PM

My favorite quote is "Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin. He must have been a great guy.