Old 11-29-2004, 12:53 AM   #1  

Cool Dharma's Tracking

Don't mind me. I just needed some place to track my progress and wasn't sure where else to put it. I figure making it public will help me stay accountable. Plus I get to visit the boards everyday

Goal #1= 10 lbs (done 1.12.05)
Sugarfree diet (done)
1/2 gal water per day
Excercise 3-4 times per week

Last edited by dharmaspell; 01-14-2005 at 04:53 PM.
dharmaspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 01:00 AM   #2  

1st goal= 323
Valentines goal= 320 by 2.14.05
Trying not to be ruled by the scale so next weigh in is 2/14/05
Due to a recent setback, I know I will not make 310 by 2.14 so I have adjusted it.

Last edited by dharmaspell; 01-21-2005 at 10:21 AM.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:11 AM   #3  

December Walk Away the Pounds goal: 48 Miles
Miles Walked: 43 as of 12/29/2004

Almost made it! January here I come!

Last edited by dharmaspell; 01-01-2005 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:41 AM   #4  

Hope you don't mind me sneaking in to wish you GOOD LUCK!
Angelic_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:46 PM   #5  

Thank you. Sorry it's taken so long to get back. I moved and have to wait to get internet hooked up. I'm going through internet withdrawls.
Old 01-01-2005, 12:11 AM   #6  

January walk away the pounds goal: 48 miles
Miles walked: 10.5 as of Jan 21

Last edited by dharmaspell; 01-21-2005 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:19 AM   #7  

Well after being in denial for about two weeks that I had actually fallen off the wagon, I've decided to stop being dragged behind it and get back on. This is the second time since starting in October. I had to restart in November. I'm restarting again in January. Up until a few days ago, I was just struggling with exercising. I was still doing pretty good with the eating and then all of sudden *wham! pow! sock!* the eating plan went down the toilet. I'm starting to feel like I'm not really serious about this weight loss thing. That if I really was serious I would have these setbacks. I actually just thought about giving up until I could 'get serious.' Then I remembered that all of you have had setbacks at some point but have gotten back on the horse and rode it to success.
So I went and got a coffee and have been sitting at my computer most of the morning breaking up my goals into smaller more manageable daily bits because I really believe that I'm trying to do too much. I have other goals that I'm trying to acheive and the internal pressure is high. Something had to give.
As far as my weight loss, my goals are to walk at least a half hour a day, drink 8 glasses of water and avoid sugar (again!). That's it. Once I've got a handle on that, I'll move onto the next goal which will be whatever I'm ready for at that time.
The good news is that somehow through the infinite grace of the universe, I've been holding at 323. I haven't gained any weight but I haven't lost any either.
One of the things I really want to work on is refocusing myself on not how much my body weighs but what it can do. I've got this idea in the back of my mind that I might start training for some type of marathon.
A friend of mine suggested going to an overeaters anonymous meeting. Although it sounds like a good idea and I've heard that the group offers a lot of support, I just have this image in my head of having to stand up and say 'Hi, my name is Dharma and I'm a foodaholic.' Something about the whole anonymous thing just has this negative connotation for me. I don't know. I'm just not comfortable with that idea.
Anyway, I don't expect anyone to reply to this. This is really me talking to myself but sometimes I need to type it out and see it on the screen. I think I should get a blog.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:20 AM   #8  

Goal #2
1. Exercise 1/2 each day I can
2. Drink 64 oz water a day
3. Avoid sugar
Old 01-21-2005, 03:37 PM   #9  
Learning to love ME!

Dharma, I know you wrote you didn't expect comments, but I wanted to share that you're an inspiration! You inspired me to give up sweets, except for major holidays and birthdays. You'll get back on track!
Gypsydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 05:17 AM   #10  

Hi Dharma

Please don't think that because you have setbacks/difficult periods, that means you're not serious! One of the most important things I have learned on this journey is to get rid of the 'all or nothing' perspective - you know, the one that makes us thing that just because we've had one meal off-track, we should eat off-track the rest of the day....or the week.....or the year....

Anyway, just wanted to say, its fantastic that you've picked yourself up, found some achievable goals, and are moving forwards - that's the most important thing, and we are all here rooting for you!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 04:51 AM   #11  

I apologize for not getting back sooner. Thank you, gals, for your support. It has helped a lot.