3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   First weigh-in since beginning here (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/49372-first-weigh-since-beginning-here.html)

tkdkathy 11-15-2004 11:56 AM

First weigh-in since beginning here

Hi, everyone,

I know there is a weigh-in thread, but I wanted to share with everyone that I weighed yesterday and am down 1 and a half pounds since two weeks ago.It doesn't sound like a lot, but it is to me! I was weighing myself weekly, but that didn't seem good---too much pressure for me. :^: Then I thought maybe every 4 to 6 weeks---but maybe that is too long to wait. Anyhow, I have just been going along one day at a time and doing my best to eat well and minimize the junk. I still feel bad that I don't have a "real" plan. But all I can do is my best. I hope to get more structure around this when I can.

But I am so happy I lost! This is the lowest I have been in at least 6 weeks. And it makes in total 10% of the weight I need to lose. I like seeing it that way---sounds better to me. I also bought myself a Diet minder food journal yesterday (my husband got it for me actually). I want to try recording what I eat just to see if it helps. Thank you so much for the support.:thanks: I am determined to keep going and watch the scale keep going down.

Raelynn 11-15-2004 12:23 PM

That's awesome!!! :)
I know that keeping a food journal is really beneficial for a lot of people, just to keep the calories etc. in check.

Tammy32 11-15-2004 12:35 PM

Kathy, Love your attitude. It rocks!! I know there have been numerous times that I have stepped on the scale and was irritated because it did not change much. Any movement downwards on the scale it a true victory. Thank you for making me see that.

It's great that you are going to journal. I don't most of the time but when I start to slip I journal for a week and can usually immediately see that I was consuming to many calories for the day. It really keeps you on track. Starting the journaling is a great way to start a "plan". You may not think you have one but the little things you are doing are a part of the "big plan". Keep up the great attitude!

mezmerize 11-15-2004 12:38 PM

Kathy That IS GREAT !!! Keep it up you'll get there and your plan will also come to you.

Ivanna B. Skinny 11-15-2004 12:49 PM

Welcome Kathy!! :D

barbygirl43 11-15-2004 01:07 PM

that is so great. Keep up the good work!!!

lessofsarahtolove 11-15-2004 01:09 PM

Yay, Kathy, and congrat's on the loss! The journey of a million miles begins with just one step.......and they surely do add up! I'm really happy for you. See, make the right changes, keep your priority at the front of your mind and keep a positive attitude -- and look what happens!!! :dancer:

Keep it up, Kathy -- clearly you're headed in the right direction! :goodvibes

Annie-Rose 11-15-2004 01:12 PM

What a great start Kathy!

howie6267 11-15-2004 07:48 PM

Way to go Kathy. Your doing great. I strugled with the when to weigh problem also and just decided to keep doing it once a week.