Old 01-23-2004, 12:24 PM   #1  

Unhappy Maybe I expect too Much......

Hiya All

Boy am I ever frustrated with the diet scene I have really tried hard since News years. And feel that I have changed my eating habits. I have stopped the sodas sugars Breads etc.....Eating alot of veggies and of course water, water, water........

Maybe I expect too much too soon but after three weeks I have only lost 1.5lbs I am excerising at least 3-4 times a week> Ihave researched alot of the dietary supplement pills but they are just to scary to me and alot of them make you feel so tensed up and hyper and I find it hard to sleep with these.

I would really like to do this without the meds but I am finding it very hard to deal with the lack of progress. This is the first time I have ever been so serious and dedicated to getting the weight off and being healthier and I am so disappointed and I hate the scales..

Any advice would be greatly appericated......................
kimmber72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 12:44 PM   #2  

Kimmber, don't get frustrated and give up yet. You're making great changes and are getting healthier, even if the scale isn't showing it yet. I know it's hard and frustrating to be trying so hard and not to have it show on the scale. Are your clothes getting looser? Are you feeling better? Sometimes you can be loosing inches, but it may not show on the scale.

Maybe you can try posting some of your eating plan and maybe we can help you figure it out.

Whatever you do though, don't give up. We're here to help you get stronger and feel better.
mthrgoos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 12:58 PM   #3  
2006 - Panda Remix

Kimmber

I'd say stick with it - sometimes it takes a while for your body to get into a 'losing rhythm' - when it catches up, the weight will start dropping off I'm sure!

The other thing is are you on any medication? I am taking medication and the side effects are weight gain/ difficulties in losing weight - so that may be an issue.

Stick at it and the weight will have to come off eventually!

Good Luck

Amanda xx
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 04:17 PM   #4  

There are studies that indicate that healthy weekly weight loss should be between 0.5 and 2 pounds. When you loose at this rate, you are more likely to keep it off...Small comfort now, I know.

I like to think of it this way (because I am also a slooooow looser): 1/2 pound per week over 1 year = 26 pounds. Try and imagine 26 pounds of butter! That's a LOT!

Everything counts...even if it is slower than you might like!
looosingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 08:48 PM   #5  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Kimmer -

An important thing that I figured out was the my scale lies an awful lot. So, besides using that as a measuring stick, as get out the 69 cent fabric tape measure. I measure my chest, bust, waist, hips, thigh and arms. Especially if you're lifting weights (like I do), I see it more in the tape measure than I do on the scale. I take my measurements once a month. In addition to being a great mark of progress, I also think it gives less power to the scale. How many times has that stupid thing been a demotivator, like in the phrase, "Oh well, I've been starving myself all week and it hasn't made a difference on the scale, might as well eat those cookies!"

GJ
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 09:19 PM   #6  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I agree with Jessica 110%. Don't rely on the scale. Sometimes the scale is a big fat liar.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 06:07 AM   #7  
Work in Progress

ARe you r clothes fitting any different? That keeps me motivated. The other thing is at first keeping a food journal and measuring food. My portions and the recomended portions sometimes were just a bit differnt. But like everyone else said keep trying! It's worth it. It took me a wahile to get where I am and it's going to take me awhhile to get where I want to be!
1fralick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 08:57 PM   #8  

Big Hello to everyone yesterday was a really bad day for me I think I have been cooped up in the house too long.
Of couse I still hate the scales and I am going to put them away for awhile.
Anyway I got in some walking today and it really made me feel better.

To answer a few questions My clothes are slightly looser than usual,
And I havent measured myself
Food intake for today:
Breakfast: rasian bran 2% milk
Lunch: chicken salad and rice cake
Dinner: Baked chicken breast and brocolli

snack carrots and low fat dressing

I am not real big on meat I mean I eat meat but I dont have to have it I like all kinds of veggies cooked or raw my big problems are bread sugars and sodas but I have almost conqured these problems.
Any advice on a good eating plan would be greatly appericated.

Thanks to everyone for the input and advice...........

And once again today has been a better day and I feel strong and I will conquer this.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:56 PM   #9  

You've gotten some great advice here. I don't have a whole lot to add except to say it's WAY too early to give up. Stick with it and don't be a slave to the scale.
Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 12:45 PM   #10  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

One piece of advice I'd like to offer is eating a little protein with your breakfast. It will help you feel fuller longer. Hard boiled eggs or peanut butter on toast are two great ways to get in some breakfast protein.

Glad to see you've put the scale away for now.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 10:49 AM   #11  

Thanks so much for all the input and advice. I feel so much better without the scales staring me in the face every time i go into the bathroom, This is probably the best advice I have gotten so far...

To Step 14lbs off since 1-05-04 what is your secret? I havent weighed in a couple of days now but I am feeling good about and I think maybe i feel a little lighter.

Again thanks so much for all the advice this has helped me sooo much..........
Old 01-27-2004, 11:35 AM   #12  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

The other thing is, I think it takes 6-8 weeks for your body to realize you are serious about this. Muscle weighs more than fat, too.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 01:10 PM   #13  

Default You might be starving yourself

That doesn't sound like much food. Do you know how many calories that is. Try Fitday.com to compute. You might be suprised to find you're slowing down your metabolism with to few calories.

I'm the same way about protein. I don't care much for meat and like beans and other protein choices even less. At least you like veggies, thats something else I have difficulty choking down. I've been forcing myself to eat egg beaters every morning. Basically egg whites so there is no fat in them. It's pretty bland so it's not to difficult to choke down. I'd love to hear some other protein choices you use.
jujubeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 03:12 PM   #14  

Hi juju

Jennelle also stressed the importance of protein. My weight has never really been a big problem until after I had my son and became a stay at home mom. The couch and food became my best friends and now I am determined to change that so I am kinda learning as I go here.

Any tips that you would like to share would be greatly appericated.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:21 PM   #15  

Smile Don't Worry!

Don't worry!!!
Some people lose weight differently than others. I was on the Atkins and a low fat diet and only lost 7 pounds in 2 months. it takes a while so don't worry. Try not to worry so much about your weight. if you think about all the time wasted on worrying why that dress won't fit or why your jeans from 2 years ago are too tight. You should be happy with yourself as i have. I used to hate the way i looked....but now i love the way i am. i am no size 2 and i never will and i'm happy with that. looking like your anerexic is out. LOOK AND BE HEALTHY!!!
---STACI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmber72
Hiya All

Boy am I ever frustrated with the diet scene I have really tried hard since News years. And feel that I have changed my eating habits. I have stopped the sodas sugars Breads etc.....Eating alot of veggies and of course water, water, water........

Maybe I expect too much too soon but after three weeks I have only lost 1.5lbs I am excerising at least 3-4 times a week> Ihave researched alot of the dietary supplement pills but they are just to scary to me and alot of them make you feel so tensed up and hyper and I find it hard to sleep with these.

I would really like to do this without the meds but I am finding it very hard to deal with the lack of progress. This is the first time I have ever been so serious and dedicated to getting the weight off and being healthier and I am so disappointed and I hate the scales..

Any advice would be greatly appericated......................
STACI is offline   Reply With Quote